Samkanu

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I have received the Main HV Contactor Welding but I have a drive to Nice France from London coming up next week and was wondering if this is something that would be dangerous to drive with. I have no alternative vehicle and am fed up with Ford's inability to answer any of my calls.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I have received the Main HV Contactor Welding but I have a drive to Nice France from London coming up next week and was wondering if this is something that would be dangerous to drive with. I have no alternative vehicle and am fed up with Ford's inability to answer any of my calls.
Looking back over your posts it seems that you have the RWD SR version. Although not a 100% given, I would say that all things considered your version is probably the least likely to have an issue. Nearly (if not all) owners on this forum that have reported a "stop now"/"stop safely" message that has been connected to the HVBJB issue have been AWD ER/MMEGT. Your car won't charge at such a fast DC rate and as it has only one motor, the demand on the connectors/HVB isn't great either. The main cause of the problem seems to be lots of DC fast charging and a heavy right foot. If you are sensible then that SHOULD 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 reduce substantially the chance of a problem. Have a good trip.

CHrisw4266

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD SR
Country flag
I'd did over 1000 miles recently before having that recall carried out. No problems at all. Why can't Ford get you in for the software update had mine done last week only took 1 hour.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How did you receive a welded message? You mean a stop safely now message? Can you read your codes and was it stuck open or stuck close (maybe someone here can help). Was it a stuck open or closed event. Driven it and DCFC it no problems after a stuck open. After charging the 12V of course. What your case is is hard to determine with the info provided.

OP
OP

Samkanu

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
How did you receive a welded message? You mean a stop safely now message? Can you read your codes and was it stuck open or stuck close (maybe someone here can help). Was it a stuck open or closed event. Driven it and DCFC it no problems after a stuck open. After charging the 12V of course. What your case is is hard to determine with the info provided.
I saw the message on my app not on the vehicle itself.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think something is getting lost in translation.

Did your car give you an alert to get serviced because something is broken?

Or are you just saying you haven’t had the software recall done yet and your car runs fine?

Your title and post seem to be confusing people.

If it’s the latter, keep driving your car like normal.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So are you saying that you are seeing the recall notice for the software upgrade to reduce the severity of the HVBJB problem? 🤷‍♂️🐩

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So are you saying that you are seeing the recall notice for the software upgrade to reduce the severity of the HVBJB problem? 🤷‍♂️🐩
If the first, drive all you want.

If the second, you shouldn't drive anywhere but to the dealer.
Sponsored