Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
With you we now have four confirmed 2021 GT/GTPE cars on this forum that have not had the failure.
<SNIP>
Heh I used to be part of that club. Not any more… 🤪🐩
Sponsored

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
With you we now have four confirmed 2021 GT/GTPE cars on this forum that have not had the failure.

I am at just under 33k, and I WOT every chance I get. And I am not stopping, because that is one big reason I got this car.
Is there a poll or something somewhere to track this? I’ve got a ‘21 GTPE and still haven’t had a SVS/SSN.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Is there a poll or something somewhere to track this? I’ve got a ‘21 GTPE and still haven’t had a SVS/SSN.
Five! No poll. I am manually keeping track because I am one of the five.

I guess I need to start a list now. When it was two, it was easy.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

The person who finishes last in the Iditarod earns the red lantern. I was thinking I might earn it but I will never catch up with you 21 GT’s!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

You have five fingers on the other hand, Mike. 🤪🐩

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
From a dealer perspective I can understand why they would not want publicly available DCFC stations on their lots. Traffic in and around vehicle inventory on the lots is just asking for trouble.
So you are charging in the middle of a Ford dealer's parking lot. What are you going to do while you are waiting? Maybe look around?

My closest Ford dealer has a sit-down, waitress-served, 50's diner on site, Mustang Sally's. They love having people drive over from other dealers for meals. Traffic= potential sales.

Moeyjar

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
As soon as I comment saying I haven't had an issue in my 21 GTPE, it will throw an SVS/SSN error, so I'm not going to comment :)

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
As soon as I comment saying I haven't had an issue in my 21 GTPE, it will throw an SVS/SSN error, so I'm not going to comment :)
Oh, too late. The Ford bot that scans these forums has seen this post and marked you for SVS/SSN. Bummer.

meyousikmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT
Country flag

Do 21s converted to 22s count? I've got a 22 GT that was originally ordered as a 21 and converted to a 22 while it sat waiting for chips.

17214 miles and still the original HVBJB.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Do 21s converted to 22s count? I've got a 22 GT that was originally ordered as a 21 and converted to a 22 while it sat waiting for chips.

17214 miles and still the original HVBJB.
I assume yours was produced late 2021 but called a 2022? Sure, that is close enough to me.

meyousikmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT
Country flag
I assume yours was produced late 2021 but called a 2022? Sure, that is close enough to me.
Car was ordered 9/17/2021 as a '21 model and was expected to be delivered as a '21 model in January of '22. Actually, went into production 1/22. Got email from Ford that assembly was taking longer than expected (presumably due to chip shortages at that time) and was being converted to a '22 model year. Finally delivered on 5/19/22.

At the end of the day, I would say this is a '21 model year with the same HVBJB as all other '21s. I am not even sure what a "conversion" from '21 to '22 would include. I know there were lots of others on the forum that had the same "conversion", so there are these ambiguous late '21 model years out there that are now labeled as '22 models.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Car was ordered 9/17/2021 as a '21 model and was expected to be delivered as a '21 model in January of '22. Actually, went into production 1/22. Got email from Ford that assembly was taking longer than expected (presumably due to chip shortages at that time) and was being converted to a '22 model year. Finally delivered on 5/19/22.

At the end of the day, I would say this is a '21 model year with the same HVBJB as all other '21s. I am not even sure what a "conversion" from '21 to '22 would include. I know there were lots of others on the forum that had the same "conversion", so there are these ambiguous late '21 model years out there that are now labeled as '22 models.
The conversion is in the VIN assigned to the order (they're converting your order, not your car, since the car didn't exist at that time). It's a 2022 model if the VIN says it is. The 2022s produced before June of 2022 all got the same HVBJBs as the 2021s. My 2021 will have the revised HVBJB whenever I get it back from the dealer. 😊🐩

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

If your car went into production Jan 22 then it is a 22. Mine went into production Jan 17. Luckily mine was finished Jan 31. I am fairly certain all cars that began production after Jan 1 were 22 models.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Except it does not work as described and actually prevent further damage. It basically just turns it into a ticking time bomb.
……….and irrespective of the requirement for a Safety Recall is not of Satisfactory Quality.

There is lack of fitness for purpose, it is not free from even minor defects, potential safety and [lack of] durability so does not meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory when account is taken of any description of the goods [car], the price if relevant which it clearly is because it was the full retail price paid, and all other circumstances, or the equivalent thereof in the market sold.

So let’s not get hung up on just the possible Safety Recall which is why people will sue, not that I’m a fan of it but you turn out stuff that’s substandard you will metaphorically get shot for it!

Fortunately, touching wood, mine don’t appear to suffer.

Mv10858

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
2021 GT 30500 miles on original. 🙏
Sponsored