superfedya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2023
Country flag
The car (Mach-e 2023, 2400km) stoped (slowed down from 50km to 5km at one moment) at the middle of the road, speed was 5km maybe, hard to drive.

Stop safely now message.

If it happens on highway, the driver can be dead...

20230906_174807.jpg

I'm really unhappy with this VERY dangerous issue.

Do I need to contact ford canada to provide me an explanation why that dangerous defect still happens? If it was highway with a truck at 100 mph behind, everyone in the car was already dead.
So, the dealer told me that they cannot reproduce the issue and there is no error code... they will contact ford.

I saw that they charged the car to 60%, I told them that the issue out when the battery felt below 30%, so maybe you need to keep it low to see the issue.

I won't accept the car back without issue identification and proper fix.

Also the dealer don't know what is red turtle means...

superfedya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2023
Country flag
Dealer see the issue, but no idea what is that. They waiting for ford's engineer to come...

superfedya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2023
Country flag
Dealer called me and its a big battery to replace... They dont have an idea about how long it'll takes.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Dealer called me and its a big battery to replace... They dont have an idea about how long it'll takes.
Interesting.

That puts you in a very rare group. I can’t even remember reading about anyone who has had the whole battery replaced!

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting.

That puts you in a very rare group. I can’t even remember reading about anyone who has had the whole battery replaced!
Someone here in Fairbanks had the whole thing replaced on a buyback/lemon on a 2021 vehicle. Only reason I know is my son worked at the dealer and took some photos while they dropped it out.

HalifaxDC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag
I see that the recall notice only applies to the GT model, and cars with the extended-range battery. Does this mean that cars with the base-range battery have a different (non-defective) part, or does it just mean that the base-range cars haven't had any documented problems yet?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I see that the recall notice only applies to the GT model, and cars with the extended-range battery. Does this mean that cars with the base-range battery have a different (non-defective) part, or does it just mean that the base-range cars haven't had any documented problems yet?
Standard Range battery cars have had failures, but the numbers are extremely low. An SR car should not have an HVBJB failure unless the part itself is defective or other rare things occur.

I’m sure those with greater technical knowledge will step up to provide proper details here.

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The report states there were 107 reported incidents of which only 7 were SR if I remember correctly. My assumption is the failure rate is low enough that they are not being recalled. Something also to consider, and I do not know the answer, is how many may have actually failed (SSN) after the software patch versus getting the SVS warning which indicates potential failures and throttles power output to prevent failure. It may be in the seven cases of SR there were no actual failures.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I do not believe a software update will not solve the problem for GTs, but it may for lesser trims. This is my best guess, not any real facts.
Correct. Too many have 2 to 3 replaced in a short time. Waiting hopefully to have a hardware fix for our 2021 GTPE. Anyone know how long a recall part is warranted.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The smaller battery models don’t stress the part as severely (lower maximum current level during WOT) , so failure is much less likely.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Does anyone know when ford will actually implement this recall? My dealer just told me that ford hasn’t sent them directions yet and I should wait for further direction from Ford.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Standard Range battery cars have had failures, butte numbers are extremely low. A SR car should not have an HVBJB failure unless the part itself is defective or other rare things occur.

I’m sure those with greater technical knowledge will step up to provide proper details here.
I have a SR - AWD Select... my HVBJB failed and was replaced... fine since.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Doing your part to skew the bell curve. Well done! ;)
weeeeelllll, it may be because I drive the car a bit harder than 'most'. Especially in the mountains, especially the first year. Also, I drove it hard on purpose to test my theory on heat building up inside the un-vented, un-cooled HVBJB enclosure from repeat high current accell/decell was the trigger for failure.
Sponsored