2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
If you want to cause the failure, drive up something like the Grapevine in CA at 100+ mph.
Pulled out of San Pedro late one night
The moon and the stars was shinin' bright
We was drivin' up Grapevine Hill
Passing cars like they was standing still
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Pulled out of San Pedro late one night
The moon and the stars was shinin' bright
We was drivin' up Grapevine Hill
Passing cars like they was standing still
The next thing I know, starin’ at me
Is an SVS, darn that HVBJB!

😱🐩

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I bought a '21 Job 2 Mach E premium about a month ago and am about to take it on a road trip. I accepted that the HVBJB might go out eventually, but i'd really like it to not be on a road trip.

Are there any suggestions on things I can do to prevent this issue? Like if I wait 15 minutes after DC charging before driving would that cool down the charging components?
just make sure you have the software 'recall' installed.... that will catch a problem, apply output power cap, display SVS warning, and you can finish your trip with reduced risk.

to be conservative, I'd suggest not doing a lot of aggresive accel/regen right after DCFC session. But normal driving should be fine and it might be better to get back on the road for normal HVAC to do its job effectively in cooling everything back down

AlphaIOmega

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium AWD EXT
Occupation
Instructional Technologist
Country flag
I recently had my Mach E pop the battery and powertrain error codes after a roadtrip in hot weather. I bought it about a month ago with 31,500 miles, and have since put on 1,500 miles.

Its been in the shop since Friday, and they say they replaced the HVBJB(or maybe the BECM, but I think he mispoke and meant the HVBJB since I came in over the weekend and saw them swapping the JB). They called me today and said after fixing the part, its still popping error codes, and they need more time with it.

Really at a loss here, and hope to have my car back before the middle of next week. If anyone may know what else could be wrong and making the error codes pop up, it would be greatly appreciated. Just want to iron out the kinks before the warranty expires in 3k miles.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I recently had my Mach E pop the battery and powertrain error codes after a roadtrip in hot weather. I bought it about a month ago with 31,500 miles, and have since put on 1,500 miles.

Its been in the shop since Friday, and they say they replaced the HVBJB(or maybe the BECM, but I think he mispoke and meant the HVBJB since I came in over the weekend and saw them swapping the JB). They called me today and said after fixing the part, its still popping error codes, and they need more time with it.

Really at a loss here, and hope to have my car back before the middle of next week. If anyone may know what else could be wrong and making the error codes pop up, it would be greatly appreciated. Just want to iron out the kinks before the warranty expires in 3k miles.
Everything related to the electric drive has 100k warranty.

AlphaIOmega

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium AWD EXT
Occupation
Instructional Technologist
Country flag
Everything related to the electric drive has 100k warranty.
Oh? I admittedly havent read up on it too much since I have the extended warranty from the dealer, but in my head I had thought the powertrain was 36k too.

Good to know Im not screwed if anything happens soon after post repair.

superfedya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2023
Country flag
The car (Mach-e 2023, 2400km) stoped (slowed down from 50km to 5km at one moment) at the middle of the road, speed was 5km maybe, hard to drive.

Stop safely now message.

If it happens on highway, the driver can be dead...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] 20230906_174807

I'm really unhappy with this VERY dangerous issue.

Do I need to contact ford canada to provide me an explanation why that dangerous defect still happens? If it was highway with a truck at 100 mph behind, everyone in the car was already dead.

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The car (Mach-e 2023, 2400km) stoped (slowed down from 50km to 5km at one moment) at the middle of the road, speed was 5km maybe, hard to drive.

Stop safely now message.

If it happens on highway, the driver can be dead...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] 20230906_174807

I'm really unhappy with this VERY dangerous issue.

Do I need to contact ford canada to provide me an explanation why that dangerous defect still happens? If it was highway with a truck at 100 mph behind, everyone in the car was already dead.
Red turtle mode, wow. That's likely a battery issue, not a HVBJB. You should be talking to Ford Canada and have a case # made for this.

superfedya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2023
Country flag
Do I need to wait a diagnosis from the dealer to open the ford's case?

Can I return the car for the safety issue reasons? I dont need the car, that can stop at any monent putting in danger the driver and passengers.

I'm surprised that the gouvernement allow to ford to sell the car like that...

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do I need to wait a diagnosis from the dealer to open the ford's case?

Can I return the car for the safety issue reasons? I dont need the car, that can stop at any monent putting in danger the driver and passengers.

I'm surprised that the gouvernement allow to ford to sell the car like that...
In general what Ford did was release a software patch that monitors the HVBJB. It gives an error message, Service Vehicle Soon, when it detects a potential failure and at the same time limits power. HVBJB failures were all Stop Safely Now errors at first as the HVBJB did actually fail. Now the HVBJB actually does not fail but alarms and is changed out before failure. There have been a few cases reported I believe where the HVBJB has failed even after the software. The failure just posted does not appear to be a HVBJB issue as previously mentioned but I can not say that for certain. The NHTSA is reviewing Ford’s recall solution but how long that takes I have no idea. I have been driving mine for 18 months now with no issues and 23 models have had minimal failures from what I have read.

superfedya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2023
Country flag
I filed a complain to the Transport Canada about the safety issue of Mach-e 2023.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Does GT PERFORMANCE has different Contactors then others ?

TE Connectivity 2406901-1

I am planning to buy Contractors and replace them by myself as my car is out of guarantee as I export it from US.

https://teamequip.com/search.php?search_query=TE+Connectivity+2406901
The HVBJB is located inside the battery pack. You have to lower the battery pack off the car and open it up to get to the HVBJB. The battery coolant needs to be replaced and I am sure some other things as well (like maybe pack sealant). It does not seem like a DIY job. Are you aware of all that is needed to do such a replacement?

a4tech

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '21
Country flag
Thing is that Ford EU does not care and do not want to even do it as a Pay Service.....

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does GT PERFORMANCE has different Contactors then others ?

TE Connectivity 2406901-1

I am planning to buy Contractors and replace them by myself as my car is out of guarantee as I export it from US.

https://teamequip.com/search.php?search_query=TE+Connectivity+2406901
Has yours failed? Those prices are almost too hard to believe not sure what you are getting on that site. I guess they are from New Mexico based on the truck plate in their About Us. You should ensure you get the updated part if yours has failed and you need to do all that work. Not sure that is what that site is offering. Looking at their site it would not be my top choice.
Sponsored