23S56 HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY JUNCTION BOX HVBJB

Inhyeok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
Hello guys, I have a question that I got a safety recall which is HVBJB, dealer said it takes around 1wk, not sure why but anyway, they can provide the loan a car so I agreed with that. Today is the 1wk and nothing updated, I called them and part shortage, they are still waiting for part. Anyone has same issue for that?
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
When that happened to me. It took a couple of weeks to get the part and 2 days to put it in.
But they let me drive the car until the part came in. I had a million prison bars during that time.

helium89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forester
Country flag
Did you even try searching for one of the active threads about this exact issue before starting yet another thread?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello guys, I have a question that I got a safety recall which is HVBJB, dealer said it takes around 1wk, not sure why but anyway, they can provide the loan a car so I agreed with that. Today is the 1wk and nothing updated, I called them and part shortage, they are still waiting for part. Anyone has same issue for that?
The reality is they should have ordered the part first and you should have taken in your car after it arrived. Then two days for work.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There is zero reason for them to keep your car while they're waiting for the part.

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
Had an RO written up( only way to order parts up here) early January and still waiting for the part.

Eagertrader

First Name
Norberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e GT
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
It took my dealer some time to get the part. Once it arrived I had to wait for the other MACH-e's that were in front of me for repair/recall for another week. Once I turned the car in, it takes two days to complete the installation of the HVJB. The problem with most dealers is that may have only one or two techs that can work on these cars.

OP
OP

Inhyeok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
May
Just ignore people that ask this. All he did was create another unnecessary post which is what his complaint is. Makes alot if sense. Would have been easier to just scroll past your post.
Really? Can I get a link related for part shortage? I am still waiting for , It's been a 2 weeks I just wondering it is normal situation so far. If I found the related post why I have to post this thread?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have searched many things , not easy to find something that match’s

on the other hand there are several threads on this topic and if you just scroll down “what’s new” you will find some threads with mucho info

yes it is normal to wait with a car at the dealership, no it shouldn’t be.
they should order part and set up appt when it comes in. Pretty simple. And they don’t need to see the car to order the part.

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This recall is a mismanaged disaster. In December 23, I got the recall letter and in late January 24, I got a call from the dealer / Ford call center to set up the recall work schedule. I specifically asked a lot of questions, how long, do you have the parts etc.

The call center person insisted that the car would be in an out same day and that the dealer had the parts. So I agreed to a Friday, 2/2 appointment. I went to the dealer as agreed, they said, 2 days minimum, no they do not have the parts and will have to order them. The service folks were very apologetic regarding the misinformation, suggested it happens all the time, and said they would call me when the parts came in, etc. So, we just took the car back home and waited.

However, it is now 2/16/2024 and still no call, they are still waiting on parts. Therefore,( I called the dealer this week for an update.) if I had left the car at the dealer on 2/2/2024- it would still be there, waiting for parts.

Bottom line - be cautious about believing misinformed call center folks regarding time for repairs and parts availability. There seems to be an ongoing, systematic problem regarding misinformation. We are lucky, in our case the car works just fine, we just want to get the recall completed.

PS: I spoke with the tech that will do the job, he said the actual mechanical work takes about 6 hours. However the software work takes just about as long.

OP
OP

Inhyeok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
This recall is a mismanaged disaster. In December 23, I got the recall letter and in late January 24, I got a call from the dealer / Ford call center to set up the recall work schedule. I specifically asked a lot of questions, how long, do you have the parts etc.

The call center person insisted that the car would be in an out same day and that the dealer had the parts. So I agreed to a Friday, 2/2 appointment. I went to the dealer as agreed, they said, 2 days minimum, no they do not have the parts and will have to order them. The service folks were very apologetic regarding the misinformation, suggested it happens all the time, and said they would call me when the parts came in, etc. So, we just took the car back home and waited.

However, it is now 2/16/2024 and still no call, they are still waiting on parts. Therefore,( I called the dealer this week for an update.) if I had left the car at the dealer on 2/2/2024- it would still be there, waiting for parts.

Bottom line - be cautious about believing misinformed call center folks regarding time for repairs and parts availability. There seems to be an ongoing, systematic problem regarding misinformation. We are lucky, in our case the car works just fine, we just want to get the recall completed.

PS: I spoke with the tech that will do the job, he said the actual mechanical work takes about 6 hours. However the software work takes just about as long.
Same, 1/19 I dropped off my car and never gerting back yet until now.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Mine took 8 working days, 12 days total. They also did the parking brake harness on mine, which did require ordering parts. Most of my wait was due to them having 1 EV tech, and 6 MMEs scheduled for HVJVB the same week. The scheduling software doesn't seem to realized that not every tech can work on MMEs. From my eavesdropping on the app, it looked like my car was actually worked on for 4 days. 1 day for software at the start, 2 days at the end for HVJB -maybe even a little longer, and a little bit one additional day in between for what I'm guessing was the parking brake harness.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Inhyeok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
I got an update that dealer contacted me parts arrived, they will working on it and should be finished by next week, means over 1 month.
Sponsored