Dumb Incentives Question

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Everyone slow down. I will find out Monday about those incentives. It does not say you can't. I rather get clarification on it, then not know 100%.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
When does anyone need to know the incentives available? On closing of sale? If so I'd bet they're going to change between known and then and we have some time to find out just which, if any, apply to the MME.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Okay, a little off topic here, but... These programs have too many restrictions.

At least the last time I tried for the "military appreciation" bonus cash I was told you either had to be active duty or just separated within 6 months.☹
What were you thinking would be the rules?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Everyone slow down. I will find out Monday about those incentives. It does not say you can't. I rather get clarification on it, then not know 100%.
Any update on incentives?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The incentives page suppose to be taken down and re-worked and finalized by end of October.
I don't even know about the new incentives. They are coming, folks.
Up until late last week the "finance calculator" was showing incentive cash for both "traditional finance" and "ford options", and had been since they added the calculator to the page back in august. Now it is only showing incentives for the options plan. I'm wondering if that's a mistake or intentional, as the X-plan page still shows the incentives as well.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OK, time to wake this thread back up now that we have the real numbers that will apply for 1st quarter buyers (cars delivered through March). Your zip code will yield different results but here is our example with a paltry $1000 incentive.

@hybrid2bev, @trutolife27: I'm hoping y'all can chip back in here so we can be ready when we face the dealers and F&I manager. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't have the fancy online purchasing system for Q1.

The X-plan pricing and incentives for 20904 shows:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dumb Incentives Question X-Plan 2021-01-05 at 9.34.05 AM

1) Incentives and X-plan pricing
If I understand the earlier posts in here (especially
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dumb-incentives-question.1505/post-38754)
All of us in 20904 get the listed $1,000 incentive, right? That means that the Net Plan Price applies independent of how we buy the car (cash, finance, options, RCL)?
For those of us getting FEs, we would need to add another $3,528 ($3,600-2%)?
Of course, that will vary with zip code.

2) Financing
Unfortunately, the financing calculator shows no incentives for financing. However financing has only 0.9% interest out to 48 months, 1.9% for longer terms, making 48 months somewhat attractive vs cash.

3) Options
With options it shows $1,000 Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash but 2.25%.
From earlier discussions on the Forum, there should be no pre-payment penalty with options, so I could go with options, pocket the $1,000, and pay the whole thing off after a few months, right?
Can I pay off all the payments early but wait until the end to pay off the balloon payment at the originally estimated amount (dependent on duration and mileage)?
Does this introduce the potential for an unfortunately insurance situation like a big downpayment on a lease or does it not matter since Options is just a balloon financing structure?

Am I missing anything else I need to know to decide how to buy my Mach E?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
OK, time to wake this thread back up now that we have the real numbers that will apply for 1st quarter buyers (cars delivered through March). Your zip code will yield different results but here is our example with a paltry $1000 incentive.

@hybrid2bev, @trutolife27: I'm hoping y'all can chip back in here so we can be ready when we face the dealers and F&I manager. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't have the fancy online purchasing system for Q1.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dumb Incentives Question X-Plan 2021-01-05 at 9.34.05 AM

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dumb-incentives-question.1505/post-38754)
All of us in 20904 get the listed $1,000 incentive, right? That means that the Net Plan Price applies independent of how we buy the car (cash, finance, options, RCL)?

2) Financing
Unfortunately, the financing calculator shows no incentives for financing. However financing has only 0.9% interest out to 48 months, 1.9% for longer terms, making 48 months somewhat attractive vs cash.

3) Options
From earlier discussions on the Forum, there should be no pre-payment penalty with options, so I could go with options, pocket the $1,000, and pay the whole thing off after a few months, right?
Can I pay off all the payments early but wait until the end to pay off the balloon payment at the originally estimated amount (dependent on duration and mileage)?
Does this introduce the potential for an unfortunately insurance situation like a big downpayment on a lease or does it not matter since Options is just a balloon financing structure?

The $1000 incentive you're seeing there I believe only applies if you buy the car using the Ford Retail Options program. You won't get it if you're financing through Ford Credit, and not if buying in cash, either. That amount also varies by zip code. For me, I see $2,500 there. Of course, in PA, I get zero state credit for buying an EV, so whatever...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dumb Incentives Question 1609862698290

Regarding financing, at least you're seeing 0.9%. I don't see that at all, the best for my zip code is 2.25%. If I put in a different zip code, it changes to 0.9%.

With the Ford Options program, I believe there are *some* restrictions. For instance, there's a down payment cap that's some % of the vehicle price. I am not sure about early payment limits, though.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

X-Plan 2021-01-05 at 9.34.05 AM.png

2) Financing

3) Options

No, the only customer cash I see is the Ford Options Bonus Cash (which only applies for Ford Options) and the $100 Active Drive Assist Cash (which is not specific to a financing program). I don't see any customer cash programs on RCL or APR financing.

no pre-payment penalty with options, so I could go with options, pocket the $1,000, and pay the whole thing off after a few months, right?
Yes, there should be no pre-payment penalty. Options is written on the standard retail installment contract so check your contract to confirm.

Yes. But if you payoff/refinance the balloon amount or trade the vehicle in at the end of the term then the mileage/wear restrictions are moot.

Does this introduce the potential for an unfortunately insurance situation like a big down payment on a lease or does it not matter since Options is just a balloon financing structure?
Because this is retail installment contract it's actually better to pay more down or pay sooner to reduce the chances of being in a negative equity situation in the event of a loss.

Red Carpet Lease for 36 or 39 month terms is also available.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
No, the only customer cash I see is the Ford Options Bonus Cash (which only applies for Ford Options) and the $100 Active Drive Assist Cash (which is not specific to a financing program). I don't see any customer cash programs on RCL or APR financing.

no pre-payment penalty with options, so I could go with options, pocket the $1,000, and pay the whole thing off after a few months, right?
Yes, there should be no pre-payment penalty. Options is written on the standard retail installment contract so check your contract to confirm.

Yes. But if you payoff/refinance the balloon amount or trade the vehicle in at the end of the term then the mileage/wear restrictions are moot.

Does this introduce the potential for an unfortunately insurance situation like a big down payment on a lease or does it not matter since Options is just a balloon financing structure?
Because this is retail installment contract it's actually better to pay more down or pay sooner to reduce the chances of being in a negative equity situation in the event of a loss.

Additional question regarding the Incentive of $2,500. Is this separate from the $2,500 discount for financing through Ford Options? See example below:

Trim: SELECT
MSRP: $42,895
Incentive: $2,500
X-Plan Net Price: $40,912
Options finance: deduct $2,500

New Price: $38,412
Down Pmt: $5,000

Financed Amount: $27,412

Is this calculation correct?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Additional question regarding the Incentive of $2,500. Is this separate from the $2,500 discount for financing through Ford Options? See example below:

Trim: SELECT
MSRP: $42,895
Incentive: $2,500
X-Plan Net Price: $40,912
Options finance: deduct $2,500

New Price: $38,412
Down Pmt: $5,000

Financed Amount: $27,412

Is this calculation correct?
No the $2,500 is only for Ford Options. So you only count it once and only if doing Ford Options.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Bummer. I thought the $1,000 show there was separate from the Ford Credit Bonus cash. Footnote (2) specifically reads:
2 Purchase incentives do not include Ford Credit Bonus Cash. Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing or lease contract. Not all buyers will qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions, qualifications and complete details.
(see attached).

Am I misreading it, though and the $1,000 is actually the "Program #13896: $1,000.00 Ford Credit Bonus cash"?

This is why I'm asking the question here rather than waiting to hear the interpretation from an F&I Manager who I'm not sure I trust.

Thanks for all of this.

I found it interesting that the online financing calculator didn't show the RCL, only Financing or Options.

Attachments

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bummer. I thought the $1,000 show there was separate from the Ford Credit Bonus cash. Footnote (2) specifically reads:
2 Purchase incentives do not include Ford Credit Bonus Cash. Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing or lease contract. Not all buyers will qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions, qualifications and complete details.
(see attached).

Am I misreading it, though and the $1,000 is actually the "Program #13896: $1,000.00 Ford Credit Bonus cash"?

This is why I'm asking the question here rather than waiting to hear the interpretation from an F&I Manager who I'm not sure I trust.

Thanks for all of this.

I found it interesting that the online financing calculator didn't show the RCL, only Financing or Options.
Program #13896 is Ford Options Bonus Cash. The Retail Customer Cash program is #13882 = $0.00 for Mustang Mach-E. I have no contacts in the team that is running the website they obviously have an error.

RCL was a very late add, it was not part of the original plans for the Mach-E, so I'm not surprised that it's not included on the payment estimator.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
(see attached).

Unfortunately, that credit is only for the Ford Retail Options program, which is an entirely different thing from the Ford Credit Bonus Cash (which is the financing option, not the Ford Options ... option).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

X-Plan 2021-01-05 at 9.34.05 AM.png

2) Financing

3) Options

Click on the trim in that list to get this popup, which names the incentive as being for ford options (Ford options retail bonus cash):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dumb Incentives Question Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 12.14.27 PM
Sponsored