Dutch people that ordered a Mach-E?

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Indeed, that would be nice but I would not count on that extension. Alternatives are available and can be delivered in 2020 although the main alternative (Tesla) is not my cup of thee.
Sponsored

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Indeed, that would be nice but I would not count on that extension. Alternatives are available and can be delivered in 2020 although the main alternative (Tesla) is not my cup of thee.
Thee is tea:), agreed

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are completely right?. I prefer cappuccino instead of tea.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Ford is testing our patience now, i did not even testdrive the car yet !

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
If that's the actual scenario, then I'd agree. Not sure if that was really "assured" or just the expectation at the time (which changed when production delays were determined to be unavoidable). And I agree that any non-refundable deposit before even getting to see one is a terrible approach (which I would never agree to).

I wonder if those contracts were from dealerships, or Ford NL?
Exactly that scenario. I had asked for exactly that info 2 weeks ago. I do understand that consequences of the Covid could not be foreseen months ago but 2 weeks ago for sure

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Two weeks ago the sales agent of the local Ford-dealer has assured me by phone it will be delivered within 2020.

I've read the US-market will get the Mach e before the end of this year. So I suppose the number of cars which were ordered and agreed for delivery in 2020 in The Netherlands will be in the same production batch. Ford NL can use these vin-numbers in order to register it here. As a consequence we will receive the car in January but have a 2020-registered Mach e!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Exactly that scenario. I had asked for exactly that info 2 weeks ago. I do understand that consequences of the Covid could not be foreseen months ago but 2 weeks ago for sure
I lay that on the person that told you they could guarantee delivery in 2020. Given the situation going on, there's no way that can be assured. In Europe, in the US, or anywhere else. Mach-e's were already looking at delivering late in the year before COVID. It wasn't going to take much delay to push that into 2021.

Even today, there's no way they can fully predict what's going to happen at the plants, to supply chains, and to shipping and deliveries. While it's all gradually easing back to normal, there could be plenty of hiccups along the way still. It's still shifting, almost daily. Anyone that tells us they can assure us delivery by 2020 should be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

Or I suppose... like a used car salesman. ?

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The main point in NL is that we were required to conclude the final order on 9th of May in order to be sure about in time delivery.
At that moment Ford NL guaranteed that delivery in NL will still be in 2020. People might have cancelled the pre order if they knew 2020 was at risk.

I am quite sure that the strategy was to finalise the contracts before announcing the delay. Two weeks ago they were already aware of this or at least Ford NL could have said on 9thvof May that there might be a risk that they will not be able to deliver in 2020.

In their announcement it is said that pre orders can be cancelled, final orders presumably cannot but they are discussing with Ford Europe about possible compensation.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I thought the one contract we were made aware of was contigent on delivery before the end of 2020. Now that that isn't the case, wouldn't the contract be null and void.
I'm not sure how effective the "out" clause added is going to be from the tone of the posts here.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The main point in NL is that we were required to conclude the final order on 9th of May in order to be sure about in time delivery.
At that moment Ford NL guaranteed that delivery in NL will still be in 2020. People might have cancelled the pre order if they knew 2020 was at risk.

I am quite sure that the strategy was to finalise the contracts before announcing the delay. Two weeks ago they were already aware of this or at least Ford NL could have said on 9thvof May that there might be a risk that they will not be able to deliver in 2020.

In their announcement it is said that pre orders can be cancelled, final orders presumably cannot but they are discussing with Ford Europe about possible compensation.
I completely agree about how appalling it is to require people to lock into a final order that's either non-cancelable or non-refundable long before anyone is even able to see/sit/drive one. That's a horrible plan, and as a buyer I would never sign onto such a deal.

And shame on anyone with Ford NL or any dealerships that guaranteed delivery before 2020, when it was obvious to them (and everyone else) that it was impossible to know that for sure. Even without COVID, glitches and delays on brand-new models are quite common (just look as Tesla's notorious BEV delays). But add worldwide forced shutdowns from COVID, with very tentative restarts, and delays were not only a possibility, but highly likely. It wasn't a question of "if", but rather "how long?". And that's still the case going forward. They still can't know for sure. We may still see another month or two, or three of delay added, depending on how all this virus impact proceeds.

Whether Ford NL "knew" 2 weeks ago that Europe deliveries couldn't happen before the end of the year is anyone's guess. But they sure as hell knew that was a significant possibility. And should have been advising buyers accordingly.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
It would be interesting in how many cars Ford has agreed for delivery 2020 and needs to be delivered in 2020 for tax reasons...maybe a few hundreds? I have no single clue ;)

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would be interesting in how many cars Ford has agreed for delivery 2020 and needs to be delivered in 2020 for tax reasons...maybe a few hundreds? I have no single clue ;)
Ford NL said in its press release that 2000 MMEs were finally ordered in NL for delivery in 2020

Acoording to this press release of Ford 2000 MMEs were finally ordered in NL for delivery in 2020

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Acoording to this press release of Ford 2000 MMEs were finally ordered in NL for delivery in 2020
[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks.

I suppose not all orders need to be delivered in 2020 for tax reasons...I think people who are buying the MME privately will even be happy with a 2021 registration!

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree, private buyers might even be happy as one year less depreciation. However as I understand the press release these 2000 are lease cars and were ordered for delivery in 2020 for tax reasons.
Sponsored