Dutch people that ordered a Mach-E?

TailZz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE AWD
Country flag
Got today the notification from the leasing company that the delivery week of my First Edition changed from week 48/2020 to week 08/2021.

For now looking forward to the announced feedback from Ford NL on how they see the way forward.
Sponsored

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag
Should we see that all European orders cross Atlantic at the same time, that in fact we would all have with the UK, concurrent delivery dates?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Should we see that all European orders cross Atlantic at the same time, that in fact we would all have with the UK, concurrent delivery dates?
Certainly not "all", as there will be shipments throughout the year. Many thousands are reserved, with widely varying reservation numbers. It'll take many months to get everyone their ordered vehicles.

But if you mean will the first shipment to Europe go to a single country, or be spread out over multiple countries, that's a good question. Just like it is for the first shipments in the US going to mostly one state (like CA) vs spread out across all 50.

The original plan seemed to be a more carefully orchestrated set of shipments that arrived across Europe and North America at roughly the same time. But the virus delays and interruptions have thrown that plan out the window. Now I suspect it's just about getting as many out as quickly as they can. They'll likely still try to be as fair as they reasonably can about spreading them around the EU (and around the US), but I'm guessing it will be a lot spottier now.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Ford is testing our patience now, i did not even testdrive the car yet !
Nobody has, except Ford employees working on the car, so you are not alone

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford is testing our patience now, i did not even testdrive the car yet !
Ford never promised test drive cars this soon, not even pre-Covid.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Ford never promised test drive cars this soon, not even pre-Covid.
No they did not, i know
It would be nice to first testdrive, especially they have pushed back the delivery date to week 8 in 2021.

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
Had a chat today with lease company and was told that they are expecting a proposal from Ford NL. To be honest I don't expect much since the additional cost for a lease driver increased with Eur 6000 over a 5y period. Nobody except government can compensate and they also cannot take responsibility for this delay.

Lets see. I am thinking to change to a Ford Kuga Phev instead.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Had a chat today with lease company and was told that they are expecting a proposal from Ford NL. To be honest I don't expect much since the additional cost for a lease driver increased with Eur 6000 over a 5y period. Nobody except government can compensate and they also cannot take responsibility for this delay.

Very curious about their proposal indeed!

BTW: With 22% tax, the Kuga will have more or less the same tax figures as MME 12%?

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag

I heard about the same from my employer's mobility department, they are in touch with both the lease company and Ford to see what can be done. I don't expect much from Ford here, pitching in the 6000+ Euros due to tax changes. But it may be possible to cancel the order, and that is what I and some colleagues may do. At least I will recalculate and compare with hybrid / semi-electric cars.

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Very curious about their proposal indeed!

BTW: With 22% tax, the Kuga will have more or less the same tax figures as MME 12%?
12% up till 45k, but the Mach E I orderded is 69k (AWD Extended Range plus some options). So the 22% still adds up significantly over that 24k.

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Shadow Black
Country flag
Even worse unfortunately..

1st of Jan 2021 it will be 12% up to 40k, above that amount 22%. So 29k against 22% in your calculation.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
I am curious too about their proposal to compensate. In the best case Ford is able to register the car in 2020 using the VIN number but I assume Ford already has investigated this solution with a negative result because I expect that would have been mentioned in their earlier announcement.

I think Ford will offer now some aftermarket options for free like larger trims or a towbar, or a free upgrade to a GT ?to convince us not to cancel (if possible anyway).

Let's share the offered solutions here so that we can define a precedent and all benefit from the best one.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am curious too about their proposal to compensate. In the best case Ford is able to register the car in 2020 using the VIN number but I assume Ford already has investigated this solution with a negative result because I expect that would have been mentioned in their earlier announcement.

I think Ford will offer now some aftermarket options for free like larger trims or a towbar, or a free upgrade to a GT ?to convince us not to cancel (if possible anyway).

Let's share the offered solutions here so that we can define a precedent and all benefit from the best one.
Who knows, but those types of things don't make a lot of sense to me for what's really a government-imposed problem. Tax credits being good on Dec 31 but not on Jan 1 is the fault of the government, not Ford. So were the forced shutdowns (although manufacturers might have chosen to close temporarily on their own anyway).

However, what is Ford NL's fault (and/or the dealerships) is the requirement of non-refundable deposits. That's where Ford should have a responsibility. They should release buyers from those contracts (if they wish to cancel). But reducing the price of the vehicle (by throwing in free upgrades) doesn't make economic sense, especially for a popular vehicle that will likely sell to other customers if those buyers cancel.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Who knows, but those types of things don't make a lot of sense to me for what's really a government-imposed problem. Tax credits being good on Dec 31 but not on Jan 1 is the fault of the government, not Ford. So were the forced shutdowns (although manufacturers might have chosen to close temporarily on their own anyway).

However, what is Ford NL's fault (and/or the dealerships) is the requirement of non-refundable deposits. That's where Ford should have a responsibility. They should release buyers from those contracts (if they wish to cancel). But reducing the price of the vehicle (by throwing in free upgrades) doesn't make economic sense, especially for a popular vehicle that will likely sell to other customers if those buyers cancel.
I partly agree as the guys that cancel will most likely lease a Tesla, a Polestar or whatsoever. So in the end Ford sells less cars, loses clients that are going to competitors (and might not return to Ford) and in the end less market share in the EV segment.
Sponsored