ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
The situation we ALL find ourselves in is not Ford's fault. The shutdown was forced upon them. I dont see why they should be expected to 'pick up the tab' because of the delay in delivery is going to affect some buyers who are leasing their car presumably through businesses. If they do a price reduction/help in other ways for you in the Netherlands then I would expect the same treatment in the UK and elsewhere. That'll never happen. If you want someone to make a contribution then your government should be asked. If you dont like the hand that you have been dealt then fold and get a new hand, ie go elsewhere
I do not entirely agree. Its about communications.
Three weeks ago the same guy at Ford Netherlands said it is certain they would be able to register the car in 2020 just like Tesla did.
Now I called him again and he basically said: well Ford USA says they cant deliver that because the cars arent produced in 2020 but early 2021.
My point: if Ford NL does not have a clue - just say so, so people can take that into account and make another decision. Now they lure you into sticking with the order without being really clear of what te consequences are.

And indeed, there are alternatives, but they are only relevant when you can clearly compare the options. Up till now thats not really possible with the mixed messaging from Ford
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Exactly my point, the only one able to do something is the government. All Ford is doing is up to their goodwill, although remember that 4 weeks ago Ford NL promised the Dutch drivers a delivery time in 2020.. Nevertheless, I agree if you don't like go elsewhere.
And if there's any non-refundable deposits involved, Ford NL should absolutely refund those.

If anyone at Ford NL truly "promised" delivery by a certain date, then shame on them because that was something no one could be 100% sure about, especially given all the unpredictability created by the COVID shutdowns. But the fair response to that is letting people out of purchase contracts with no penalty.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
And if there's any non-refundable deposits involved, Ford NL should absolutely refund those.

If anyone at Ford NL truly "promised" delivery by a certain date, then shame on them because that was something no one could be 100% sure about, especially given all the unpredictability created by the COVID shutdowns. But the fair response to that is letting people out of purchase contracts with no penalty.
I agree. Until a car has been given a VIN and has been allocated a build date no one is in a position to be able to say a car will be delivered on a specific date. As far as I am aware it is only FordNL and/or the leasing companies involved that have been giving specific dates. I certainly haven't and dont know anyone that has.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Problem in the Netherlands is that we had to sign a final contract before 9th of May under the promise delivery is in 2020. If we did not sign, they could not guarantee delivery in 2020 anymore. It was said that first deliveries would go to NL due to the specific tax situation and therefore reservations should be finalised in a contract. Only two weeks later it was announced that they can not stand that promise.
Outside NL there is only a reservation, no final contract and your deposit will be returned in case of cancelling. So the NL situation is rather specific and Ford Nl has to do compensate as it is breach of contract.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree. Until a car has been given a VIN and has been allocated a build date no one is in a position to be able to say a car will be delivered on a specific date. As far as I am aware it is only FordNL and/or the leasing companies involved that have been giving specific dates. I certainly haven't and dont know anyone that has.
Yep. And it's really even later than that. The cargo ship could sink with the car on it. Or catch fire. So could the road or rail transport. Or they could severely damage the vehicle while loading/unloading. Until the car is actually transferred to the buyer in both ownership and delivery, anything can still happen.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Problem in the Netherlands is that we had to sign a final contract before 9th of May under the promise delivery is in 2020. If we did not sign, they could not guarantee delivery in 2020 anymore. It was said that first deliveries would go to NL due to the specific tax situation and therefore reservations should be finalised in a contract. Only two weeks later it was announced that they can not stand that promise.
Outside NL there is only a reservation, no final contract and your deposit will be returned in case of cancelling. So the NL situation is rather specific and Ford Nl has to do compensate as it is breach of contract.
Indeed, within two weeks time, from 100% promise of 2020 delivery towards delivery in 2021 without any big differences (factories were already having their issues, lots of uncertainties, etc).

So in my opinion Ford NL could also have postponed the date of asking the Dutchies to finalise their orders!

Fyder Zewis

First Name
Fyder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4, ordered FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
I converted my reservation into an order two weeks ago I also think the whole communication was set up to have a less cancellations as possible. Today my dealer called me, Ford NL will indeed decrease the purchase price with € 3.000. Now I will discuss this offer with the lease company, to decrease the agreed lease payment. This all together won't bring to whole tax difference to zero, but there are not so many alternatives, so I will be patient and take the loss.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today I was also informed formally by my employer about the delay in de delivery and the question whether I want to cancel or not. We have ordered 26 MMEs with the promise of delivery in 2020. So, we are all in the same boat. Curious what most of them will do, but my guess is most of them will cancel and order an alternative EV.
It was also confirmed Ford will reduce the price on which the tax is based with 3k, only for those cars ordered before 9th May. We call it the special Covid Edition.
However, according to the leasecompany this does not automatically mean that the purchase price for the lease company will go down with 3 k. This might even stay the same as I understand. Ford is in discussion with the leasecompanies on this matter. So it is not sure yet that also the monthly lease fee will be less. Strange, does not feel ok.

It also seems the our Government will take a decision on July 1st on the taxes for 2021 irt Corona. The current tax level of 8 % might be extended by 3 months.
Would not count on that as they need the money. On top I have my doubts that the MME will be delivered in or before March. I bet on April earliest.

I will take this weekend to decide whether to cancel or not.

Last edited:

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
However, according to the leasecompany this does not automatically mean that the purchase price for the lease company will go down with 3 k. This might even stay the same as I understand. Ford is in discussion with the leasecompanies on this matter. So it is not sure yet that also the monthly lease fee will be less. Strange, does not feel ok.
Just to be sure, will the fiscal value of the car go down with Eur 3k so I do have a lower bijtelling?

They didn’t come back to me yet.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes indeed. The Value for tax calculation (fiscale waarde) of the MME Covid Edition will decrease with 3k which will lower your tax "bijtelling".
It might not have an impact on the monthly fee of the lease company as they might pay the original price without discount of 3k. That is what I heard. So it is actually only an admin thing. I hope the lease companies have a real discount of 3 k which will be transferred to the their drivers by lower monthly lease cost. If this is the true than about 50% of our monthly cost increase due to delivery in 2021 is covered by the two reductions. But that is best case ofcourse.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And the potwntial lower leas cost might be the benefit for your employer instead for the driver in case employer pays full lease cost

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Thanks! Indeed it's all covered by the employer.

So I need to make a balance, for Eur 75 nett/month more I'll drive a BMW 318i Touring or V60... and no charging hazzle...!
As well I will drive them in 2020...

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My employer only allows EVs since three years. I was the last ordering an ICE. So little choice? In your position I would go for the BMW, but I am biased ?

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
Thanks! Indeed it's all covered by the employer.

So I need to make a balance, for Eur 75 nett/month more I'll drive a BMW 318i Touring or V60... and no charging hazzle...!
As well I will drive them in 2020...
Well you sound a but like someone from the past to be honest. Most ppl here drive electric because they want to reduce their co2 footprint like I do.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Well you sound a but like someone from the past to be honest. Most ppl here drive electric because they want to reduce their co2 footprint like I do.
To be honest you’re right.
I’ve never made a benefit out of the bijtelling, like many phev drivers did!

Seduced by the looks & features of the Mach E it will/should be the first time. Although going electric is mainly a matter of saving money.
The Volvo is a mild hybrid by the way.
Sponsored