narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
One thing I’ve noticed but not seen discussed is the animation on the small screen while in unbridled. Some have the orange animation in the center by the speed. Mine has it in the 2 upper corners. What is the difference? Mine is a June build.
That's a setting... Watch this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Why no love for Joe?
Doh, my bad, Donovan was the actor's name. By Joe time, my BC crew had moved on to Caillou, or maybe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, either way, way too long ago.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Doh, my bad, Donovan was the actor's name. By Joe time, my BC crew had moved on to Caillou, or maybe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, either way, way too long ago.
Then you probably don't even know about Josh.

2GOfast54

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME4 select space white
Occupation
PT
Country flag
That's a setting... Watch this.
Thanks Nick,I’m going out for a drive right now to go thru all those modes. I’ve been leaving most of those controls on and didn’t realize I could turn off on from steering whee.

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

Maggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Focus, 2022 Mach-E RWD ER ordered
Country flag
I recently switched from a an early production build to a late production build 2021 Mach-E Select AWD with Comfort and Technology Package. Here's the difference I have spotted so far.

Thank you Nick, this is great to see. What strikes me a bit is that although your "early 2021" Mach-E has the latest software installed, there are still some differences with your new Mach-E. This could be a potential software mess going forward if Ford keeps on differentiating newer builds and software. :rolleyes:

Wonder what else will be added/improved in the coming months!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
What strikes me a bit is that although your "early 2021" Mach-E has the latest software installed, there are still some differences with your new Mach-E.
That's because it doesn't have the latest software installed. The Sync version coming on Job 2 vehicles isn't available for Job 1 vehicles yet.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I had a late January build Route 1 with the only noticable physical issue being the slightly raised pano roof. Software was smooth and charging speeds were great, although I'd have charge faults at electrify America probably 25% of the time (always fixed with switching plugs or a call to EA).

I traded it in for a September build GT, and their are a couple differences. For one, I've had no issues getting the GT to charge the first time at EA, but the speeds seem slower. Haven't gone above 100kwh yet at all. If I lived somewhere else I could blame the winter weather, but SF never really gets below 50 degrees during the day ?‍♂

However, the biggest difference is with the software. The GT is super slow at the best of times, and completely unresponsive at others. Resets didn't work so I brought it in to the dealer. They said they couldn't get any updates to push through to the vehicle, and that they've been having that issue a lot lately with Mach E's. Not the biggest deal for me since I just listen to books and don't use the climate, but my wife is now frustrated with the experience. She can't access maps or music or climate when the screen freezes, which is happening probably about 15% of the time. Hopefully the dealer will call me back saying their having more success running the updates.

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
wow, I can't get my hands on one of these cars, and a few of you are on your second Mach E already! I'm jealous ?

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
wow, I can't get my hands on one of these cars, and a few of you are on your second Mach E already! I'm jealous ?
:) You're in NJ ? There's a bunch of inventory in the New England area. Mostly Selects - which I'm happy with with. I know of two people who bought one from CT or RI and either traveled to get it or had it shipped. expand your search

Tom Bowden

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q5 Prestige
Country flag
Thanks so much for that comparison! All that editing is appreciated.

As a newbie, I'm curious why range is only 160 miles with 100% charge. Is that because of cold weather? It's supposed to be over 200 miles, right?
Sponsored