Electrical System Drain error message - no TSBs?

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you change your FordPass password yet to block Recurrent? Otherwise the dealer may waste your time replacing modules and you’ll still have the battery drain afterwards (they’ll be stumped).

BTW, giving your FordPass login credentials to a 3rd party like Recurrent is against Ford’s terms of service, and may result in your account being locked out (which has happened to numerous people using Recurrent if you search the forum). Your warranty work may also be denied if it was found to be caused by misuse.
Thanks for this, but my password was changed 10 days ago, as per others feedback. Still throws error messages since, so that's not the root cause.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
UPDATE 2.1

Over the Memorial; Day weekend, we got a red light charge fault on our car when unplugging from the ChargePoint Home Flex. First time ever. Soon after the MME showed the Electrical System Drain error message described in this thread:
The CP showed a white LED about the same time.
Are they related? Can the CP cause the 12v battery to not charge? Didn't think so, but there is no such thing as a coincidence...
CP tech support couldn't fix it and reboots had no effect, so CP is replacing my unit.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
UPDATE 2.1

Over the Memorial; Day weekend, we got a red light charge fault on our car when unplugging from the ChargePoint Home Flex. First time ever. Soon after the MME showed the Electrical System Drain error message described in this thread:
The CP showed a white LED about the same time.
Are they related? Can the CP cause the 12v battery to not charge? Didn't think so, but there is no such thing as a coincidence...
CP tech support couldn't fix it and reboots had no effect, so CP is replacing my unit.
Yes, charge faults can cause battery drains. There is still some goofy behavior there in the car's software that can cause a drain to happen afterwards.

Go back and look at your charge session history in the app over the past two weeks, specifically the graphs. Graphs should be flat while charging. If they look rough or the kW rate fluctuates, that's abnormal/bad and likely caused by the EVSE being faulty.

Normal:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain error message - no TSBs? IMG_1973

Abnormal:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain error message - no TSBs? IMG_1974

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The two sessions before the message. The 5/29 one was the charge fault when unplugging.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain error message - no TSBs? IMG_0119

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain error message - no TSBs? IMG_0124

This one after the error messages began.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrical System Drain error message - no TSBs? IMG_0120

Blips are strange. Hmmm.

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Update 3.0

Dealer called yesterday (Monday) to give us the good news that the MME is now repaired (audio module changed) and functioning correctly, it also has a full charge and no more electrical system drain messages. The first 24 hours since we picked it up have been error-free, so we took the dealer techs who fixed it, and the service manager, a big box of donuts and a thank you card today.

In other good news, the replacement for the CP Home Flex came FedEx today, and I installed it, initialized it, and it is working fine, too.

And the Power Up 4.2.6 update was successful, as well.

Phew.

Last edited:

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
Update 3.0

Dealer called yesterday (Monday) to give us the good news that the MME is now repaired (audio module changed) and functioning correctly, it also has a full charge and no more electrical system drain messages. The first 24 hours since we picked it up have been error-free, so we took the dealer techs who fixed it, and the service manager, a big box of donuts and a thank you card today.

In other good news, the replacement for the CP Home Flex came FedEx today, and I installed it, initialized it, and it is working fine, too.

And the Power Up 4.2.6 update was successful, as well.

Phew.
Since this evening my car headlights would not turn off for at least 20 mins. I made sure the settings for lighting in Sync are right. As the evening progressed, it did not turn off and I got the Electrical system drain. Plug in to avoid 12v battery running low.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Since this evening my car headlights would not turn off for at least 20 mins. I made sure the settings for lighting in Sync are right. As the evening progressed, it did not turn off and I got the Electrical system drain. Plug in to avoid 12v battery running low.
The headlamps staying on for awhile is due to a defect in the headlamp switch that's between the driver door and the steering wheel. This affects almost all of us at some point. Check your switch and you'll probably observe that none of the positions are lit up. Rotate the switch back to Auto and you'll be good again.

A proper fix is now available for this, too:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...n-on-by-themselves-when-vehicle-is-off.28571/

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
The headlamps staying on for awhile is due to a defect in the headlamp switch that's between the driver door and the steering wheel. This affects almost all of us at some point. Check your switch and you'll probably observe that none of the positions are lit up. Rotate the switch back to Auto and you'll be good again.

A proper fix is now available for this, too:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...n-on-by-themselves-when-vehicle-is-off.28571/
The switch stopped working last evening. Initially the light turned off eventually around 15-20 mins.

I checked now and light has been likely on I believe the entire night 🥺. I had the car plugged in since it warned me.

Driving soon to the dealership.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
An observation, it rained Saturday and Sunday here in South Eastern PA. Not sure if the change in moisture level is what affected the light switch.

May 1st it rained after almost 8 weeks here and I had other electrical harness faults which just got fixed.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
An observation, it rained Saturday and Sunday here in South Eastern PA. Not sure if the change in moisture level is what affected the light switch.

May 1st it rained after almost 8 weeks here and I had other electrical harness faults which just got fixed.
I think the rain may be a coincidence? I've had the headlamps failsafe to ON while the weather here is hot and dry (typical Phoenix weather).

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I think the rain may be a coincidence? I've had the headlamps failsafe to ON while the weather here is hot and dry (typical Phoenix weather).
Can u pls explain what "headlamp failsafe to on means". You might help me get my car back from my dealer quickly 😀

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Can u pls explain what "headlamp failsafe to on means". You might help me get my car back from my dealer quickly 😀
It's in the link I replied to you with earlier today (scroll up)... This is the message the tech needs:

SSM 51696 - Headlamp Switch Replacement - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off
Sponsored