Embarrassing discoveries?

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
My daughter showed me that you don't need to change profiles on the center console, you can do it through the memory buttons on the door.
No way! Have to try that.
Sponsored

400 VOLT

First Name
HALLNET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT PE
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
...embarrassing 🤔 That in turtle mode...my early 80's diesel VW Rabbit was a lot quicker 😂 Actually at dealer now trying to find out why it keeps going into 🐢

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Still haven't figured out how BC works, other than the two times I happened to notice it saying I could activate it and I started mashing buttons...
Just get on a highway/interstate. Turn on lane centering and cruise control. If you are in a blue cruise area, it will flip to hands free automatically.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Just get on a highway/interstate. Turn on lane centering and cruise control. If you are in a blue cruise area, it will flip to hands free automatically.
I just learned the other day you can use BC to steer handfree and still use the go pedal to control speed. I think using the brakes kills it but go pedal on one pedal driving typically doesn't require brakes.

I also learned that you can lock the car open the trunk and when the trunk closes the car locks. I typically would stand around waiting for the trunk to close before pushing the lock button on the door pillar.

Learning so much on this. Keep them coming people.

Last edited:

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I just learned the other day you can use BC to steer handfree and still use the go pedal to control speed. I think using the brakes kills it but go pedal on one pedal driving typically doesn't require brakes.

I also learned that you can lock the car open the trunk and when the trunk closes the car locks. I typically would stand around waiting for the trunk to close before pushing the lock button on the door pillar.

You can use all these features on any road too, well not BC, but on country roads having it auto-steer is nice, just leave your hands on to course correct when needed.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

When you're using cruise control of any type, you're not in 1 pedal mode... Page 243 of the 2022 manual.

As far as the trunk, in actuality, when you open the trunk the car remains locked. When you close the trunk, the doors are already locked. In most modern cars, if you hit any lock button with doors / trunk open, and then close them, they are locked.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
When you're using cruise control of any type, you're not in 1 pedal mode... Page 243 of the 2022 manual.

As far as the trunk, in actuality, when you open the trunk the car remains locked. When you close the trunk, the doors are already locked. In most modern cars, if you hit any lock button with doors / trunk open, and then close them, they are locked.
I never read the manual. :p I am going to test this later on. Technically if I am controlling the speed through via the go pedal is it still in cruise control? The screen in front of me was still bright blue and said hands free. 🤷‍♂️

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Found out the gear selector knob goes into park automatically if not there already and I open the door.

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Is there a way to know if you're in an area that it works? I've read about a Blue bubble, but haven't ever seen it.

This is largely hypothetical, since the times I wouldn use it will probably be countable taking only 1 hand off the steering wheel...

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Found out the gear selector knob goes into park automatically if not there already and I open the door.
Nice! Did not know that. Does it yell at you if you do it? The Tesla raised an unholy ruckus.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I found out the button in the frunk glows in the dark but doesn't do anything when I get in there, close the hood, and push it.*

Yeah I'm jes messin' with you. I'm way too fat for the frunk.

* 2021 Job 1... Still no electronic frunk activation.