John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
I was lamenting how hard it is to find favorite radio stations with no roll-and-seek linked to the volume button like one would expect. I mentioned this to my wife, who rolled her eyes and proceeded to show me how to save radio presets. Virtually the same procedure as in her 2015 Volt.

Turns out the manual shows essentially the same procedure she came up with by instinct.
Sponsored

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This morning my son noticed the weird cubby under the center console. Embarrassingly, I'd never noticed it before. This was way worse than realizing the load floor in the back could move, because I'm not usually in the trunk.

What have you found on your MME that you really should have noticed sooner? Go ahead, spill the beans - this is a safe space!
It took me a few days to find out you could turn on calm screen by holding the volume wheel. Before that I had been (dangerously) going through the menus to turn it on. I felt really silly after learning the easy way

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I was lamenting how hard it is to find favorite radio stations with no roll-and-seek linked to the volume button like one would expect. I mentioned this to my wife, who rolled her eyes and proceeded to show me how to save radio presets. Virtually the same procedure as in her 2015 Volt.

Turns out the manual shows essentially the same procedure she came up with by instinct.
Wow. #WifeEyeroll How embarrassing! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:D:D:D

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
These should clear if any door is opened, if not there is a problem with your car.
If someone put the buckle in the wrong seat, you can just briefly open your door.
That may be how it works in Norway, but unfortunately, that's not the case in the US.

ckelley87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold: 2021 Premium Extended RWD, Job 1
Country flag
Wait, where are these buttons?
Left of the steering wheel where the headlight controls are.

Funny enough, there's a space on that component on the right that could suspiciously be another button... in my girlfriend's Escape it was a trunk button. Don't know why in the world Ford just didn't use the exact same part in her Escape for the Mach-E to give us a trunk button so we don't have to go through the menus. šŸ™„

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
What have you found on your MME that you really should have noticed sooner? Go ahead, spill the beans - this is a safe space!
How to charge when Plug & Charge doesnā€™t connect. All new owners need to try a fast charger as a learning experience. My first charge was at an EVGO and I had to download the app. At least it wasnā€™t an emergency. I didnā€™t yet know how to manually activate using FordPass Blue Oval

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Left of the steering wheel where the headlight controls are.

Funny enough, there's a space on that component on the right that could suspiciously be another button... in my girlfriend's Escape it was a trunk button. Don't know why in the world Ford just didn't use the exact same part in her Escape for the Mach-E to give us a trunk button so we don't have to go through the menus. šŸ™„
A traction control button was added to that space starting with July 2021 builds.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
How to charge when Plug & Charge doesnā€™t connect. All new owners need to try a fast charger as a learning experience. My first charge was at an EVGO and I had to download the app. At least it wasnā€™t an emergency. I didnā€™t yet know how to manually activate using FordPass Blue Oval
So true. You can pay with with a credit card if you donā€™t have the app. During my first DCFC session in May I stopped at EVGO and I had the app and I was signed into the app. However, I come to find out that following the EVGO instructions on how to start a charge pertained to starting a charging session using a credit card. The EVGO instructions do that state that.

With the EVGO app, you have to initiate the charge session in the app before you plug the connector into the vehicle. It took me 15 mins to figure what I was doing wrong.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My daughter showed me that you don't need to change profiles on the center console, you can do it through the memory buttons on the door.
Oh dang! This is good to know. My profile always goes back to Guest. I just leave it there now because its such a pain to change it back every 3 times or so I get in the car.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I never read the manual. :p I am going to test this later on. Technically if I am controlling the speed through via the go pedal is it still in cruise control? The screen in front of me was still bright blue and said hands free. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
When you're in cruise, the vehicle accelerates and decelerates outside of 1PD. If you accelerate manually, and then come off the pedal, it should not be in 1PD mode. If you tap the brake pedal, it will then not be in cruise mode, and 1PD will work.
Is there a way to know if you're in an area that it works? I've read about a Blue bubble, but haven't ever seen it.

This is largely hypothetical, since the times I wouldn use it will probably be countable taking only 1 hand off the steering wheel...
First, let's clarify your misunderstanding above. The blue bubble that appears is NOT for handsfree driving. That is adaptive cruise with lane keep assist and lane centering. That should come on when you active cruise control on any road that has lines on both sides of the lane.

I have the 2021 manualā€¦instead of the page number, what section is this information in?
Page 224...

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
First, let's clarify your misunderstanding above. The blue bubble that appears is NOT for handsfree driving. That is adaptive cruise with lane keep assist and lane centering. That should come on when you active cruise control on any road that has lines on both sides of the lane.
Makes sense. Is there any indication on either display that you are in a BC enabled area? Or do you have to turn on cruise control, lane keep assist, and lane centering, and then see if it works?
Sponsored