Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
This is, at best a misguided comment. You know absolutely nothing about this person yet you feel free to call him a liar?

AFAIK he doesn't have a crystal ball. Perhaps you do. But I'm fine with what he told me. It was the best information available when he gave it to me, which IMO is all you can ask of someone.
So sorry I did not mean to offend with my misguided attempt at salesman humor. I recently had a very bad experience with a sales person, but I acknowledge there are great honest sales people that don't deserve to be stereotyped. Sorry your car got caught up in the quality control delay, but glad they are making it right for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
So sorry I did not mean to offend with my misguided attempt at salesman humor. I recently had a very bad experience with a sales person, but I acknowledge there are great honest sales people that don't deserve to be stereotyped. Sorry your car got caught up in the quality control delay, but glad they are making it right for you.
Sorry right back at you. May have over-reacted. No problems.

He's done a semi good job of keeping me informed and Encinitas Ford has been good about getting people their MMEs, getting them all the available rebates, and working to get the financing right. So at this point no real cause for complaints.

Sorry that you had a bad experience. (I'm not finished so maybe I'll join you -- LOL). I've had some dozers. One was a guy who claimed I had signed to buy a car (which I hadn't) and one was a guy who agreed to a deal and then came back and told me his sales manage "wouldn't go for it". LOL This is one reason why I have liked the way Ford structured the buying process. By giving the consumer the right to pick the dealer, it enabled us as consumers the ability to control the sale.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Sorry right back at you. May have over-reacted. No problems.

He's done a semi good job of keeping me informed and Encinitas Ford has been good about getting people their MMEs, getting them all the available rebates, and working to get the financing right. So at this point no real cause for complaints.

Sorry that you had a bad experience. (I'm not finished so maybe I'll join you -- LOL). I've had some dozers. One was a guy who claimed I had signed to buy a car (which I hadn't) and one was a guy who agreed to a deal and then came back and told me his sales manage "wouldn't go for it". LOL This is one reason why I have liked the way Ford structured the buying process. By giving the consumer the right to pick the dealer, it enabled us as consumers the ability to control the sale.
So great to hear how good Encinitas Ford has been to work with!
And my bad sales experience was with a roofing company, so no bad will toward Ford dealers there. I have only talked to my local Ford dealer on the phone, and have no complaints. Looking forward to meeting him once I get a delivery date. I think I will call him then and start asking about the Ford Options Financing.

EVMELR

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt 2014 ELR 2017 Volt 2019 ETRON, Prem ExR
Country flag
My build date changed from 2/7 to week of 2/21. Date on window sticker is 2/15 and production date week of 2/21. Any guesses when it will really be build, this week or next week????

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My build date changed from 2/7 to week of 2/21. Date on window sticker is 2/15 and production date week of 2/21. Any guesses when it will really be build, this week or next week????
Next week.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Dumb question, but I'm wondering if the dealer would not to drill the front plate holes if requested. CA requires front plates, but I'm pondering moving to a state without a front plate requirement.
You can request it, but (in my experience) the dealer will tell you that the car came from Ford with the license frame already mounted. Interestingly, in CA you can get a license "decal" now, eliminating the metal plate.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You can request it, but (in my experience) the dealer will tell you that the car came from Ford with the license frame already mounted. Interestingly, in CA you can get a license "decal" now, eliminating the metal plate.
Ford changed the process and not no longer install it at the factory. So you can and should make sure dealer doesn't install it. For the first few months, us CA early adopters got screwed (punt intended)

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Ford changed the process and not no longer install it at the factory. So you can and should make sure dealer doesn't install it. For the first few months, us CA early adopters got screwed (punt intended)
I guarantee you (from personal experience) that no front plate WILL get you a ticket in Santa Monica. Four minutes after parking, I got the ticket. I asked around, and locals confirmed that the S.M. parking police are "oppressive".

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I guarantee you (from personal experience) that no front plate WILL get you a ticket in Santa Monica. Four minutes after parking, I got the ticket. I asked around, and locals confirmed that the S.M. parking police are "oppressive".
I would have gone with the vinyl sticker option. Also there are other options that doesn't require attachment to the front. But you do give a good warning for those that plan on not having anything period.
Sponsored