BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
For what it's worth, Korea has the most advanced car building factories on planet Earth. Korean brands were recycled steel rust heaps in the 80s. The year is now 2024 and now they have the best factories.
Oh, I believe it. My time in the EV6 GT the interior didn’t really feel or look very upmarket, though. The MME GTPE interior is nicer, IMHO.
Sponsored

Paisano

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Personally I like the buttons on the doors and the look of not having handles. That being said, it is frustrating everytime you give someone a ride for the first time and you have to give them a whole walkthrough of how to open the door.

“Okay push the button. No… the button…. The circle with the white circle inside of it”

Sometimes I just end up reaching over and opening the door from the inside for them
Went to a local spot for an inspection and the tech was seen, by me, draping the fob on the door pull and swirling the fob all around trying to find the magical opening sequence. I walked up and pushed the button, man did he give me a look.

RockinVs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT (Ghost)
I sat in an EV6 and was surprised by the lack of head room. It did seem like a nice vehicle, but I felt a little claustrophobic in it. Even in my mazda 3 I have at least 3 inches of room above my head. I'm 6'0" for reference. The MME is very comfortable inside.

Dear_OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Horse and Wagon
I prefer the Ioniq 5 for its retro steampunk design over the EV6' sneaker shoe style. YMMV. I feel Ford has a pretty compelling product with the MME considering it is its first real EV foray. Just let down by its lame dealership model. I know I know... I sound like a broken record. Unfortunately it is part of the full meal deal.
There were surprisingly lots of hard plastics with the Hyundai/Kia twins.

JDP That's Me in My MachE

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium Extended Range
Country flag
For what it's worth, Korea has the most advanced car building factories on planet Earth. Korean brands were recycled steel rust heaps in the 80s. The year is now 2024 and now they have the best factories.
Umm what does this even mean? Most advanced on earth. Huh. How bout that. Because they have the fastest vending machines? The most toilet stalls? The coolest looking floor paint?

JDP That's Me in My MachE

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium Extended Range
Country flag
A bigger question is why so many 12 volt battery failures. They need to put in a better battery to start with. Every time I am at the dealership they are talking about the 12 volt battery failures in one or two years. That’s not a new technology and so much in the Mach e depends on it. It should be the most reliable one they can find rather than the cheapest one they can mark up the most.
So how many 12v battery failures have there actually been? Do you know? Funny, so many people posting on here with tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of miles and yet...no 12v battery failures.

areacode413

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Their engine bearings are shit and they know it. IMO First new car I ever bought and only car I ever owned with an engine failure below 100k was a Kia. Even my shitty Geo made it past 100k. This was a 2008 model.

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
Their engine bearings are shit and they know it. IMO First new car I ever bought and only car I ever owned with an engine failure below 100k was a Kia. Even my shitty Geo made it past 100k. This was a 2008 model.
*Laughs in overheated HVBJB even with a 5 second power limiter*

Hey, at least bring up something pertinent...

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
Umm what does this even mean? Most advanced on earth. Huh. How bout that. Because they have the fastest vending machines? The most toilet stalls? The coolest looking floor paint?
It means many processes are automated and have higher precision and fewer failure points in the eGMP car factories than in many old school factories like Bowling Green, etc

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
I prefer the Ioniq 5 for its retro steampunk design over the EV6' sneaker shoe style. YMMV. I feel Ford has a pretty compelling product with the MME considering it is its first real EV foray. Just let down by its lame dealership model. I know I know... I sound like a broken record. Unfortunately it is part of the full meal deal.
There were surprisingly lots of hard plastics with the Hyundai/Kia twins.
Agreed. I think the trunk area could have used a felt lining on the plastics, or something.
We drove the EV6 GT line and the GT. We liked the interior of the GT line a lot more but it needed the performance of the GT.

The GT felt like it was marketed to the 20-something racer boy crowd. Not my demographic, even when I was in my 20's -- but at its price, that'd be a stretch for many. I just couldn't believe the step back in interior features and comfort in the GT vs. the GT-line.

We ended up with a MME GTPE and haven't looked back.
Literally the only difference, interior wise, are the seats, and they're excellent. Oh, and the little GT badge on the dash.

incongruity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Healthcare fixer
Agreed. I think the trunk area could have used a felt lining on the plastics, or something.

Literally the only difference, interior wise, are the seats, and they're excellent. Oh, and the little GT badge on the dash.
There were significant styling differences between the GT Line and the GT we drove with a gaudy green accent on the GT that really cheapened the look of it, IMHO. There was no mention of additional options so we assumed it was the default for the GT but 🤷‍♂️

The GT seats were massively uncomfortable for both my wife an I whereas the GT-line were decent. Pre 2024, the GT didn't have ventilated or power seats whereas the GT-line did. That was a significant shift backwards which felt weird stepping up in trim levels. Manual seats in a 60k+ car was an absurd choice.

In comparison, the MME GTPE seats are a great upgrade vs. the regular MME seats. I wish they were ventilated and I wish the rears were heated but none of the trim levels have those features so it is what it is. It would be similarly silly if the GTPE took away features.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
The one big thing Kia has that Ford does not, is you can initiate the "Lane Keep Assist" without engaging the cruise control. So you can use that feature just tooling around town. We had a Niro EV for 2 weeks while my daughter's car was in the shop. For a little car it was pretty nice. Got a good chuckle everytime I plugged it in to my charger and it told me it was "charging". I always told her, "I know, I just plugged you in". She never responded to me.......

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I prefer the Ioniq 5 for its retro steampunk design over the EV6' sneaker shoe style. YMMV.
<SNIP>
As you said, YMMV. Personally (nobody else’s opinion, just mine) I do not find that any of the Korean triplets is cosmetically my cup of tea. Strictly my tastes. I’m a canine, so take that for what it’s worth. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
There were significant styling differences between the GT Line and the GT we drove with a gaudy green accent on the GT that really cheapened the look of it, IMHO. There was no mention of additional options so we assumed it was the default for the GT but 🤷‍♂️

The GT seats were massively uncomfortable for both my wife an I whereas the GT-line were decent. Pre 2024, the GT didn't have ventilated or power seats whereas the GT-line did. That was a significant shift backwards which felt weird stepping up in trim levels. Manual seats in a 60k+ car was an absurd choice.

In comparison, the MME GTPE seats are a great upgrade vs. the regular MME seats. I wish they were ventilated and I wish the rears were heated but none of the trim levels have those features so it is what it is. It would be similarly silly if the GTPE took away features.
All the seats front and rear in my ev6 are heated. Like I said...literally just the seats differ, and with the suedelike material, I dont find giving up vented seats was a big deal. Manual seats...I have adjusted them once. I managed. Green stitching...has performance vibes. Much more subdued than many, actually. Comfy and hold me in place. What more is there to a seat.
Sponsored