Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The GWM should have been updated with the PowerUp 1.6 update
So the latest update is 1.6?? I thought I had read that someplace else too.. I just received my car in July 23rd I believe and I'm only on 1.4.0... :-| Could explain why I'm having all these odd ball issues...

And yes I have auto updates on, although FordPass said is manual only... I have also verified my car is connected to my WiFi and manually did a update check.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FDRS - Mach-E 1630024785716
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Modules freaking out and spitting all kinds of error messages is normal during module programming. No need to worry, just clear all the DTCs afterwards as you did. Good that you used a 12V charger during the process as directed, that would really be the only worry of mine. A lot of stuff recalibrates after you drive the car as breeves002 pointed out.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You could look at ebay for compatible J2534 boxes; I bought an older Bosch model for around $700 and it works with no issues on the MME.
Ordered one too (going with the fun factor). It will be a joy not to have to beg a dealer to do a module update, not to mention the saved travel time, and time at the dealer. (That said, I should add that I like my new dealer).

Really curious to see what the flight recorder can do. The order says you will be billed by Bosch, so I guess the Ford VCM3 is probably made by Bosch. It is probably relatively easy to sell used if I no longer need it later, at least while the VCM3 is the current model.

Last edited:

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Ordered one too (going with the fun factor). It will be a joy not to have to beg a dealer to do a module update, not to mention the saved travel time, and time at the dealer. (That said, I should add that I like my new dealer).

Really curious to see what the flight recorder can do. The order says you will be billed by Bosch, so I guess the Ford VCM3 is probably made by Bosch. It is probably relatively easy to sell used if I no longer need it later, at least while the VCM3 is the current model.
There's also the MongoosePro Ford (http://www.drewtech.com/mongoose/ford.html) for $500. Not sure if it's any good or not.

I don't actually know anything about updating modules, although if there was some detailed guide I'd be very interested. I'm not knowledgeable enough about cars generally or Fords specifically to risk it totally on my own.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Did all the FDRS updates last night. The biggest for me was PAAK. It is 200% better after the RFA update.
How long did your IPMA update take? Did it calibrate itself after?

Also did you do the GWM A using USB?

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag

Sorry, I didn’t do the IPMA. I was nervous because it was supposed to take a while and I don’t have a good battery charger to leave on the car. My solution for the other updates was a set of jumper cables from one of my other running vehicles. lol
Also, my GWM was already up to date according to FDRS.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

Mine took a little over 2 hours. I did not have a GWM update available.

Sorry, I didn’t do the IPMA. I was nervous because it was supposed to take a while and I don’t have a good battery charger to leave on the car. My solution for the other updates was a set of jumper cables from one of my other running vehicles. lol
Also, my GWM was already up to date according to FDRS.
This happened to me. It actually got the battery so low during the update that I hooked my truck up with jumper cables about an hour into the update.

I also noticed the car finally turns off all of the water pumps which helps after an hour or so. The rear drive unit fluid pump keeps running the entire time though.

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That was the response I was hoping for. My GWM update failed, but I believe Power Up 1.6.0 updates that and I am awaiting it. Only have 1.4.0 currently.

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just plugged FDRS in again and successfully updated my GWM. There is now also an update to the PCM and one other module. I did that too. Only IPMA left showing.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Can you access the files themselves? I'm curious about updating with forscan.

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you access the files themselves? I'm curious about updating with forscan.
I’m not sure. FDRS seems to do this stuff “on the fly”

you can see the various calibration files as FDRS is doing them but no idea if they are downloaded to laptop or not.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I’m not sure. FDRS seems to do this stuff “on the fly”

you can see the various calibration files as FDRS is doing them but no idea if they are downloaded to laptop or not.
I would imagine they are cached somewhere on the computer.

Forscan has started showing some of the files available for download. But not all of them.

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would imagine they are cached somewhere on the computer.

Forscan has started showing some of the files available for download. But not all of them.
The only worry I would have with that is that some updates are dependant on others. For example when updating the PCM it updated 4 others. This time updating the PCM again it updated 1 other. I’d be a bit worried if missing one.
Sponsored