Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER 22 Plate in Dark Matter grey
Occupation
Sound Supervisor
Country flag
I read everywhere about niggling problems with the Mach E and if I’m about to buy one I’m just trying to get a balance on how significant these issues are.

I get the sense that the major flaws have been ironed out but there are ongoing frustrations with things not quite working as they should or being reliable.

As ever, forums are a magnet for the problems as people seek solutions or solace in knowing they aren’t alone!

So hopefully I’m seeing a distorted view of the amount of problems out there?

Are people finding that the OTA updates are being effective and slowly evolving a better car - or are they causing just as many problems as they are trying to fix? (When they themselves work - I’ve read plenty of problem posts about getting updates to work themselves!!)

I welcome any wet finger in the air opinions from the great band of experienced Mach E’rs here!

Rx
Sponsored

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
I read everywhere about niggling problems with the Mach E and if I’m about to buy one I’m just trying to get a balance on how significant these issues are.

I get the sense that the major flaws have been ironed out but there are ongoing frustrations with things not quite working as they should or being reliable.

As ever, forums are a magnet for the problems as people seek solutions or solace in knowing they aren’t alone!

Are people finding that the OTA updates are being effective and slowly evolving a better car - or are they causing just as many problems as they are trying to fix? (When they themselves work - I’ve read plenty of problem posts about getting updates to work themselves!!)

I welcome any wet finger in the air opinions from the great band of experienced Mach E’rs here!

Rx
Snap!

I got out of an Outlander to get into the MME in which I just turned up 60,000 miles in 2 years.

It’s really a great car.

Convinced me to never go back to ICE and decided to run the MME into the ground I like it so

Sure there are a few very minor niggles but it’s a car, they all do if you look.

A 2013 Galaxy rear wiper arm & blade gave a slightly longer rear wiper sweeping high enough for better rear view.

OTA updates are not plentiful but IMO this subject is over thought and overblown, depends on your viewpoint.

OTAs which I have received haven’t upset anything.

The Conti tyres which came with car weren’t good, mainly because they are summer tyres and not the best of that kind, Mich Cross Climate 2s make it an entirely better car, no longer like a 1973 2litre E Cortina in the wet!

I have some stats on running costs to follow.

I know you’ll just love it and the things I’ve listed may not bother you anyway, we’re all different.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag

Rx
Those stats:

When at almost 2 yrs and 58,158 miles I collated “fuel” cost & usage stats.

58,158 = total miles covered
£4,920.44 = total cost of electricity
19,459kWH = Total power bought
2.9988 = Overall average miles/kWh
8.4p/mile = Overall cost/mile

E&OE

So, 75% of power used charging at home cost just 45% of total charge cost which means if all charging could be done at home where most EV owners probably would, and/or partly free at employer’s/other charge venues would bring cost/mile down significantly.

Further, converting charge cost to fuel bought at (very conservative for UK) average ICE fuel at £1.50/gal means total cost saving on fuel alone is £3,318.61 which represents 40% saving on fuel.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Just picked up a new '23 MME Premium from a 14 month old order from 2022.

Well worth the wait!

OTA updates started 2 weeks after ownership.

800 miles later and still awesome - just as good a ride as my '22 Lightning.

Hoping this MME will be problem free as my Lightning I traded in...

And Ford was very generous in extending me the full PCO: $6500 off the sticker.

Guess it's a way of saying "thanks for waiting so long"....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E issues IMG_0764 2.JPG

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The MME is actually a great car, and we all like to complain about it. Not saying the complaints are overblown or not.

Here’s my two cents: it has to be a great car, I owned a Select AWD for 18 months. Had a HVJB failure that left the car in the shop for almost a month (maybe slightly longer) at less than 8k miles, racked up 16k more worry free miles on it before trading it in for a GTPE. Had a HVJB failure that left that in the shop for 11 days after 5.5 k miles. Haven’t had an issue since.

I think for most people, especially the 22.5 and later models should have relatively few problems, maybe some glitches that self resolve and don’t require a visit to the dealer.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I had paint peeling off the piano black roof trim and rear spoiler. Dealer took care of under warranty, but smeared grease on the beige headliner and caused a rattle in the B-pillar area (not irritating enough to endure a dealer visit for). Apart from that, uncomfortable driver seat, laggy screen, and temperamental PaaK.

Ford is an average quality OEM. Add new tech and they perform slightly below average. To be expected.

Last edited:

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag

Rx
I have a late 22 build, so far nothing major to report, that being said when your phone gets updates your PAAk and wireless car play, may act up. If you like the car go ahead and get it , you will not regret it

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
I have a 21, my dealership experience is terrible in the states. I'd probably be a lot more pleased with a positive supporting dealership service department. That said I've had technically only 1 issue not a recall so not bad I. 26k miles. I'm not a fan of OTA right now.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Rx
I have a 2022 CR1 RWD with 22 ,000 miles after 14 months. I’ve had fewer

Rx
I’ve got 22,000 miles on my 2022 CR1 RWD after 14 months. I’ve had no significant problems. None. Never had to take it to the dealer for anything except the frivolous 10,000 mile check-ups and winter tires. Yesterday my GOM showed 326 miles at 90% and this range was corroborated by matching odometer readings. My monthly fuel cost averages about $45 for approximately 1800 miles (more in winter, less in summer).

At age 77 I’ve bought dozens of new cars over the years and the best ones were this Mach E, Honda Clarity PHEV, Mustang convertibles and Mercedes 240D. I could nitpick complaints about these or any cars I’ve owned, but it is the overall experience that counts the most. So far, the Mach E has been great for us.

Daft2234

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME 2WD ER
Occupation
PR
Country flag
I am just coming up to 2 years with my MME RWD Extended Range in the UK. Yes, I have had a couple of technical issues which required the car equivalent of CTRL/ALT/Del which meant a stop, turn off, leave for 5 minutes then restart and one instance of the screen remaining black - again, a quick Google search and the simple solution is revealed and yes, these shouldn't happen. But they do, and they are not damaging the engine or any other running parts!
Living in rural Norfolk, my only niggle with it is the stiff suspension - on roads that haven't been flat in 100 years, talking can be difficult.
Would I change the car? No. Would I buy another if I could afford it? Yes. Was it worth the year plus wait on pre-order? On balance, yes.
Never had an issue with the OTA updates and I hope that continues.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Rx
If this is concerning you I have one suggestion:

STOP READING!!!!

This what’s known as “confirmation bias.” If you’re searching for people who had issues and don’t like it, you’ll find that. If you’re looking for people who are happy with little to no issues, you’ll have that.

Do you google “plane crashes” just before going on vacation?? Quit thinking about it. Every car can break. Just buy the one you want.

Good luck!

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
We have a late 2022, and so far have had no issues of significance. We do have this small rattle from the driver side dash that you hear between 30-40 mph on slightly bumpy roads. For whatever reason at lower speeds, smoother roads, or highway speeds regardless of bumpiness you don't hear it. I really wish I could find what it is without tearing open the dash though as we drive a lot at 45 MPH.

Anyway... it's only really there if you don't have the radio on and not a big deal. Otherwise the car is basically flawless. PAAK has on a couple instances been slow to respond, as in it takes a second button press, but after the most recent OTA we got which is said to improve PAAK that even seems better.

By comparison, my '21 F-150 PB has had close to ten items repaired under warranty, starting from the very first day I picked it up. But it was a first model year compared to late second model year with the MME. I have a '23 F-150 PB that just got delivered to our dealer I will likely pick up next week, and I expect that one will be nearly as problem free as the MME. I would have no concerns getting an MME right now.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Does the UK allow BlueCruise ?

If so, it's probably the best and well engineered feature I have come to love.

With a '23 MME I have the newest BC1.2 and it's a dream - auto lane changes, slides over for vehicles approaching lane markers and big trucks.

Marcho

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previous, Maserati Granturismo. MV Brutale RR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
UK owner here - I've got a July 2021 EX AWD model. I can honestly say I've had no problems and done 12800 miles just going in for it's 2year service next week.
I had the Windscreen and roof recall done fine. I was one who was stuck on the early OTA and the dealer had to have the car for 2 days to fix it which they did. I had a loan Mach E during that time.
Happy days. You'll love the car.

OP
OP

Rjs104

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER 22 Plate in Dark Matter grey
Occupation
Sound Supervisor
Country flag
Mach1E you are undoubtedly correct - though I still feel it was a valid question as part of my research into the car.

Thank you for your insights everyone - very helpful.

I bought a 22 plate AWD extended range today and collect it on Tuesday.

Loved the test drive and am looking forward to joining this club as a fully paid up member!

rx
Sponsored