Feeling bad for a friend….Dealer not honoring 2021 deal….

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
A Friend ordered a 2021 Premium AWD ER Ordered in 2021. His color and options. Should have been Price protected etc. Just delivered this week and dealer is not honoring any of it and adding accessories making it even more expensive. No Options rebates, no old interest rates, nothing. Dammit Ford fix this issue!
Sponsored

ohmslaw

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Toyota Rav-4, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did he have a written signed sales agreement that showed all of that? If not he’s probably SOL.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Factory ordered MY21 just now being delivered in MY23? What’s up with that? I sure as heck hope that you’re friend has a signed agreement of sale or signed SOMETHING documenting what he was purchasing back in 2021 and the agreed-to price!

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Doing some sleuthing based on your location my guess is Yankee Ford (only close dealer that has a Mach-E delivered recently and listed onsite) - again, just a guess - Just check out the horrid reviews...overall average is 1.5 stars Ugh.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/yankee-ford-south-portland

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Jes sayin. They are DEALERS. By definition they SUCK. Some much more than others. The point to pre-ordering a vehicle is to get them in line before it’s arrived and you have the opportunity to switch the dealer. If you wait before that point after it comes in if you don’t have it in writing ….they are the dealer. They own the car. They can do what they want with it.

Jes sayin. Boy Scout motto. Be prepared if it makes you feel any better I’m 63 and I got screwed once when I was in my 20s but only once. Never again
Once again, they are dealers that’s what they do

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This makes me so incredibly mad every time I read one of these. Price protection is automatic and the dealer will get credit. The add-on's are complete bullshit. Start a case, tweet at ford executives, email any of them you can get their emails to....So insane. Call the damn news, but this shit has to stop. I cannot stand the absolute greed of these bastards.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I am so sorry for your friend. I cannot imagine the frustration and anger at waiting around a year for a car and having that happen. Feeling helpless is not a comfortable emotion. You either take the deal or walk away. If you take the deal, the car will always have a negative aspect to it. If you walk away, you feel violated and irritation (you know the dealer is just going to sell it at an even higher profit). Either way, it is not a good situation.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
While unfortunate, often buyers of any product don't research sellers, in this case a dealership, which is an independent franchisee. Ford has requirements for EV dealers in the near future, but not yet locked in. If the seller has hosed people before, and you still deal with them, it should not be a surprise.

Deleted member 14221

That's a bad situation. With that being said, this is a very nice car and dealers will charge what they can when the market will support it. Unfortunately, I had to pay a few thousand extra in ADM when I purchased my MME. Was I mad? Yes? Is it worth it? It depends on the person and how much joy/value they will get out of the car.

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
This makes me so incredibly mad every time I read one of these. Price protection is automatic and the dealer will get credit. The add-on's are complete bullshit. Start a case, tweet at ford executives, email any of them you can get their emails to....So insane. Call the damn news, but this shit has to stop. I cannot stand the absolute greed of these bastards.
I agree 100%. It makes my blood boil. He is looking at all options but it’s a short time before it’s sold to someone else and then no recourse,
Sponsored