Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
I took my car to the dealership earlier this week to work on all three recalls at once. They asked me whether I wanted a Blue Cruise update that takes 13 hours, I said yes. The service guy couldn't explain what it was because I already had functioning BC in my car.
The car I got back feels and drives a lot better. I don't know what update was that, but I can finally feel the difference between all three driving modes. Before that they all felt equally weak with little to differentiate between them.
Now in Unbridled I finally got a good regen, so I don't need the break pedal while driving in 1PD. The steering also feels stronger and more precise.
The L2 charging issue has been resolved for me. Before the charging current would drop by about 7% after the first minute or so, which correspondingly increased the total charging time. Now the current stays close to the max during the charging.
I though the autolock issues have been fixed, but today I found there is no consistent behavior, sometimes the car locks and sometimes it doesn't.
P.S. while in dealership I checked MME they had in stock. A whopping $10K markup on them. 😮
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
13 hours? I haven’t heard of any 13 hour updates. Maybe some of our experts here can weigh in. Anyway, glad you like your enhanced car!

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
They took the car out for 13 hours of joy riding and now the computer is conditioned to be more agressive. That is why it feels different.

Or not.

😜

Dude

First Name
Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
My pony feels different as well after the recall OTA. BC was applied OTA last month in two overnight sessions. I am not going to use BC much because I am retired which drastically changed my driving requirements. We will not renew the BC application when the complimentary period expires. I enjoy riding my Mustang whenever we leave the barn.

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
They took the car out for 13 hours of joy riding and now the computer is conditioned to be more agressive. That is why it feels different.

Or not.

😜
A good guess. But FordPass log doesn't support that theory. Though one thing in the log is really strange, it shows that at 3am the doors, frunk, hatch were suddenly open. I have hard time believing they work that late. I have a suspicion their security on site going through parked cars, perhaps fishing for stuff they can pilfer.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I definitely noticed the gear lash issue was gone after the recall update. Before when I used to alternate between slowing down and accelerating like when you’re waiting to pull out on a busy street I would get a clunk feeling as the car switched between regen and accelerating. Now that’s all gone and it’s totally smooth!
Job 1 2021 with 1PD

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I definitely noticed the gear lash issue was gone after the recall update. Before when I used to alternate between slowing down and accelerating like when you’re waiting to pull out on a busy street I would get a clunk feeling as the car switched between regen and accelerating. Now that’s all gone and it’s totally smooth!
Job 1 2021 with 1PD
A massive amount of work went into that so glad to see people noticing the improvement

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
A lot of improvements have been made, you could notice a huge difference in the way the car drives after the recall updates if haven't gotten anything updated in the past year. Especially if you skipped 21P22 updates.

A massive amount of work went into that so glad to see people noticing the improvement
Thanks for that, but wanna keep gong? It feels like dropping an anchor any time you have to use the brake pedal in 1PD. Can't use it lightly. Also blend in friction braking below 5 mph instead of waiting till 0 mph in 1PD to take up the driveshaft slop.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh really? It is a HUGE improvement. Why was causing the clunking feeling before the update? Someone explained it once as gear lash?

Hibtone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Mach E GT
Country flag
A good guess. But FordPass log doesn't support that theory. Though one thing in the log is really strange, it shows that at 3am the doors, frunk, hatch were suddenly open. I have hard time believing they work that late. I have a suspicion their security on site going through parked cars, perhaps fishing for stuff they can pilfer.
Or sitting in the cool car & pretending it's their own.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
Job 1 2021 with 1PD
Which updates did you get? Low speed gear lash/clunk is definitely annoying on my GT. So far I have only got OTAs upto 2.8.3.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I just gotta say, I had someone with a Job 1 car visited me for updates including BlueCruise, and it absolutely took easily 12 hours. Some updates for BlueCruise really do take forever for early cars.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which updates did you get? Low speed gear lash/clunk is definitely annoying on my GT. So far I have only got OTAs upto 2.8.3.
The recall update. It’s not numbered, but I would think you’d get it soon.

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Jeep Gladiator "Willys"
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Hmmm.. Me too. Here I thought I was just behind everyone even though I scheduled updates and did everything right. Maybe that's just a GT thing?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Hmm, would there be any reason an update would take 13 hours if you got BC all OTA?
Sponsored