Fender light won't turn off - suggestions?

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
All,

Starting last night the rear fender light on the driver's side will not turn off. It's now been from 11pm last night till writing if this (715 am). Car has been completely off this whole time and light won't turn off.

I have a 22 AWD premium extended range. Some more info - I currently have a lighted pony installed on the front of my car. The wiring configuration is passenger side headlight and to the firewall. The pony is currently not working anymore either. Before both of these things started happening I had started to the process of replacing my lighted pony with another one. The pony was working fine - I just didn't like the dot look and found a smoothed version to replace. I had removed the frunk and flipped the green battery kill switch to off. Then I had to leave the house for a few hours. I got back much later than expected, flipped the green battery switch back to on in order to move the car. That's when I noticed this behavior starting. Just providing this as color if anyone thinks something went wrong bc of this - i have no idea.

Any suggestions on how to reset the fender light? Picture below

PXL_20230424_111157954.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, in case anyone is wondering, last night I did try flipping the green battery switch from on to off to see if it would fix the issue. It did not.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It’s a long shot, but if you have your headlights set to “Auto”, try switching them off. We know there’s an intermittent bug related to headlight control with “Auto”.

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s a long shot, but if you have your headlights set to “Auto”, try switching them off. We know there’s an intermittent bug related to headlight control with “Auto”.
Thanks - I had tried that also and no change.

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So update - I just opened up the firewall and untapped the signaling wire from the lighted pony from the firewall. The fender light turned off. I then reattached it. The fender light turned back on.

Anyone else with a lighted pony installed experiencing this ?

The original lighted pony is still not lighting up. Maybe bc the old pony maybe is seemingly broken it's it's sending a signal to the fender ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So update - I just opened up the firewall and untapped the signaling wire from the lighted pony from the firewall. The fender light turned off. I then reattached it. The fender light turned back on.

Anyone else with a lighted pony installed experiencing this ?

The original lighted pony is still not lighting up. Maybe bc the old pony maybe is seemingly broken it's it's sending a signal to the fender ?
I would recommend removing the lighted pony and throwing it in the trash.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
When did you get your lighted pony? I had the same issue with mine. I was able to get in contact with Jon Kennedy before he went MIA. He said he has seen this issue in a small number of MMEs. Basically your pony is feeding power back into the bcm wire and that is causing that light to come on. It should automatically turn off after about 15 minutes unless you are charging. Also, the pony stopped working because you probably dont have a zenner diode installed. This allowed the car to supply greater voltage than what is needed and it fried the components in the light up pony. I got sent a new kit a while ago but decided against installing it. I just tore everything out and threw it away. It was too much hassle for the benefit.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
All,

Starting last night the rear fender light on the driver's side will not turn off. It's now been from 11pm last night till writing if this (715 am). Car has been completely off this whole time and light won't turn off.

I have a 22 AWD premium extended range. Some more info - I currently have a lighted pony installed on the front of my car. The wiring configuration is passenger side headlight and to the firewall. The pony is currently not working anymore either. Before both of these things started happening I had started to the process of replacing my lighted pony with another one. The pony was working fine - I just didn't like the dot look and found a smoothed version to replace. I had removed the frunk and flipped the green battery kill switch to off. Then I had to leave the house for a few hours. I got back much later than expected, flipped the green battery switch back to on in order to move the car. That's when I noticed this behavior starting. Just providing this as color if anyone thinks something went wrong bc of this - i have no idea.

Any suggestions on how to reset the fender light? Picture below

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fender light won't turn off - suggestions? PXL_20230424_111157954
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Noctivigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current GTPE Grabber Blue,Previous FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Have the same exact issue! I don't have a lighted pony, except the puddle lights... Doesn't happen all the time either.

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When did you get your lighted pony? I had the same issue with mine. I was able to get in contact with Jon Kennedy before he went MIA. He said he has seen this issue in a small number of MMEs. Basically your pony is feeding power back into the bcm wire and that is causing that light to come on. It should automatically turn off after about 15 minutes unless you are charging. Also, the pony stopped working because you probably dont have a zenner diode installed. This allowed the car to supply greater voltage than what is needed and it fried the components in the light up pony. I got sent a new kit a while ago but decided against installing it. I just tore everything out and threw it away. It was too much hassle for the benefit.
Mine was one of the first batches. I took the pony off and confirmed it's not working via another power source. Without the pony the light is gone. Problem solved. Thanks all!

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also installed the new lighted ony I have. This is one of the newer batches with a zener diode installed as well. Fender is not lighting up.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
He said he has seen this issue in a small number of MMEs. Basically your pony is feeding power back into the bcm wire and that is causing that light to come on. It should automatically turn off after about 15 minutes unless you are charging.
He seemed like he told you that very nonchalantly, when in fact that's not a good thing at all. lol

OP
OP
RedDragon

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
He seemed like he told you that very nonchalantly, when in fact that's not a good thing at all. lol
B/c I'm not educated in all this - what's so bad about it?
Sponsored