Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This has happened to me once in almost four months of ownership. Weird that it is so intermittent.
Sponsored

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This has happened to me once in almost four months of ownership. Weird that it is so intermittent.
I always thought it was my knee hitting the headlight switch to ON. I had this happen to me 2-3 times and yes.. the first time you think "why are the lights staying on and why does the car honk at me??"

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Good Morning! Would you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I'd like to look into your Mach E's headlight issue on my end.
Sure I am happy to - although you asked me to do this on a separate thread, and I did it, but never received the follow up discussed.

zakth

First Name
Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT eAWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thank you for this post, just got home and couldn't figure out why my lights wouldn't turn off and I could hear the battery fan running.

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
This happened to me twice. Annoying as hell some people might think it’s small. Just imagine being at work and your lights are all on day with battery draining. Big fail for ford. It’s intermittent. But has happened to me twice since month I have owned it.

ford really shouldn’t be calling this oddoccurance. Happening to way too many people.

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
Sure I am happy to - although you asked me to do this on a separate thread, and I did it, but never received the follow up discussed.
Good luck it will never happen. I would be great ful if they just reported and stressed it to ford. Almost seems like they take your info and no one ever contacts you. This should be a huge issue to be addressed in a battery powered car. My wife called me just now it happened at work and she was pissed.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Good luck it will never happen. I would be great ful if they just reported and stressed it to ford. Almost seems like they take your info and no one ever contacts you. This should be a huge issue to be addressed in a battery powered car. My wife called me just now it happened at work and she was pissed.
Ford engineers already know about it, Ford themselves said: Hi there, everyone! If you are using the auto headlamp feature and find that your head lights are staying on much longer than expected, try the following to reset the system: With the car on turn the head lamp to the off position and you should see the amber indicator light moving with the dial. When you turn the car off the headlamps should work correctly and the amber light should return to the Auto position when you key on.

I have just made it a habit to check that my headlights are on auto when I get out. I also turned off headlight delay, so they turn off immediately when the car locks, so I'd notice if they were still on after parking. I don't think there is any reason to be pissed unless the car actually had a dead battery when she got back in... I believe the high voltage battery should still be keeping the 12v topped off if the headlights are accidentally left on as this wouldn't have any effect on the 12v being monitored and supplied charge accordingly.

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
Ford engineers already know about it, Ford themselves said: Hi there, everyone! If you are using the auto headlamp feature and find that your head lights are staying on much longer than expected, try the following to reset the system: With the car on turn the head lamp to the off position and you should see the amber indicator light moving with the dial. When you turn the car off the headlamps should work correctly and the amber light should return to the Auto position when you key on.

I have just made it a habit to check that my headlights are on auto when I get out. I also turned off headlight delay, so they turn off immediately when the car locks, so I'd notice if they were still on after parking. I don't think there is any reason to be pissed unless the car actually had a dead battery when she got back in... I believe the high voltage battery should still be keeping the 12v topped off if the headlights are accidentally left on as this wouldn't have any effect on the 12v being monitored and supplied charge accordingly.
Thanks for the tip. I had her turn them off now I guess they will auto turn on when she enters back. but are they doing more to fix it? Any eta they mentioned. I don’t think user should be expected to do this for long time.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
This happened to me twice. Annoying as hell some people might think it’s small. Just imagine being at work and your lights are all on day with battery draining. Big fail for ford. It’s intermittent. But has happened to me twice since month I have owned it.

ford really shouldn’t be calling this oddoccurance. Happening to way too many people.
Good morning! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these concerns with your Mach-E not turning off for you on my end. Thanks!

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag

The bigger issue is sometimes even though they are on auto they don’t turn on. One night I didn’t notice until about 10 minutes into my drive. This is super dangerous. I’m trying to remember to check when I get in or out of the car. I shouldn’t have to check though.

I always thought it was my knee hitting the headlight switch to ON. I had this happen to me 2-3 times and yes.. the first time you think "why are the lights stay on and why does the car honk at me??"
Its not you or your knee hitting it. I’m 5’1“. There’s no way my knee would hit it even if I tried. This may seem small, but is annoying and could be a safety thing since I’ve had them not come on even though they are on auto.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Good morning! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these concerns with your Mach-E not turning off for you on my end. Thanks!
This is a bug that has already been acknowledged by Ford. Rather than having one owner send you their VIN, could you please look into the status of this bug and post the information publicly here so that we can all see it?

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I just had this issue, I thought the delay of 20 seconds was maybe too long so I set it to 10, but then the lights didn't turn off. I went back to check and it was on 20 again so I set it to no delay and also cycled through the light wheel on the left of the steering wheel. then it seemed to finally turn off. I do like some delay but previously the lights and mirrors would turn off/fold when I walked away now it's either no lights or lights forever

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm not sure about the MME, but in my 2013 Fusion, the 8-bit chime was caused by a low-ish 12V battery voltage. I don't know when the MME engages the DC-DC converter to charge the 12V battery, but leaving the lights on for an extended amount of time might have drained the battery to have caused it.
I had the headlight issue and now also the chime? I only just bought the car a month ago, did the headlights drain my 12v??