Country flag
  • Banned

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Building cars is really hard. Most will fail, just like when we transition from horses to Automobile. I don't think lucid and Rivian will make it. The Korean brands and Ford will do alright as will GM.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Musk has been saying nice things about Ford all along.

It's many of the Tesla stans that have been trashing Ford and the Mach-E.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Building cars is really hard. Most will fail, just like when we transition from horses to Automobile. I don't think lucid and Rivian will make it. The Korean brands and Ford will do alright as will GM.
Rivian may end up as an Amazon van supplier at worst.

Why is everybody forgetting about VW group? Not a fan of their EVs (except Taycans lol) but they built second or third most in the world.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Rivian may end up as an Amazon van supplier at worst.

Why is everybody forgetting about VW group? Not a fan of their EVs (except Taycans lol) but they built second or third most in the world.
I like the way Rivian looks, kinda quirky, but I hear they're having problems with ramping up. Also they are price way too high to succeed. They don't exude luxury, but they're priced like that. Not many buyers for 80K+ cars.

I like VW offerings, I think they will do well.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I like the way Rivian looks, kinda quirky, but I hear they're having problems with ramping up. Also they are price way too high to succeed. They don't exude luxury, but they're priced like that. Not many buyers for 80K+ cars.

I like VW offerings, I think they will do well.
“Problem ramping up”? Sales wise in Q3 the R1T aren’t much different than the Mach-E or Lightning. If anything… Ford has had trouble ramping up. So much for 200K Mach-Es a year. Rivian has one (new) factory that is building Amazon vans, R1Ts, and R1Ss. Rivians are super common here in Orlando. I see them more than ID.4s, Ioniq 5s, EV6s, etc. I do think they simply accepted too many orders but demand is a good thing to have I guess.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...bev-and-ford-to-2-us-bev-sales-in-2022.22849/

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
“Problem ramping up”? Sales wise in Q3 the R1T aren’t much different than the Mach-E or Lightning. If anything… Ford has had trouble ramping up. So much for 200K Mach-Es a year. Rivian has one (new) factory that is building Amazon vans, R1Ts, and R1Ss. Rivians are super common here in Orlando. I see them more than ID.4s, Ioniq 5s, EV6s, etc. I do think they simply accepted too many orders but demand is a good thing to have I guess.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...bev-and-ford-to-2-us-bev-sales-in-2022.22849/
Yeah, ramping up as in filling orders. They're in bed with amazon, and Amazon ordered 150k vehicles. If they can't meet demands and make a profit while doing it, then people will look elsewhere. You can't lose 10k on every vehicle sold and expect to stay in business.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I mean a year ago I would have thought him complimenting ford was a good thing, but recently he’s gone wackadoo

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Don’t really care what THAT guy’s opinion is on Ford or anything else. He’s not the arbiter of whom will or will not succeed in the EV race. He should stick to worrying about BYD, NIO, VW Group in China and Europe and GM, Kia group and Ford in the US.

It doesn’t take a genius to see that EV expansion will have many fathers. Ford, VW Group, Kia and it’s group, Mercedes, BMW, NIO, BYD, GM, Stellantis can and are players in this race.

Eventually, Toyota and Honda will decide that they want to be serious about EVs and they’ll do their thing.
Sponsored