Azuloval

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Country flag
From Facebook

“Right now at the plant we are about to begin the prototype phase, the manufacturing plant has already been tooling, ”said Marcos Pérez, director of product development for Ford Mexico.

More background:

"The photo's posted by Mark Eakin are indeed from the first Mustangs made on the assembly line (not hand-made). This can be seen by modifications to the frunk when compared to the hand made prototypes. And the handles to open the front doors have been changed (I already saw this announcement in some interview). First it was a bit like a "finger" sticking out (vulnerable?), now it is more like a wing that has to be grabbed from the top."

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Production Mach-E Model? [Update: This Is First Assembly Line Made Pre-Production Unit] first-production-mach-e-1
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Production Mach-E Model? [Update: This Is First Assembly Line Made Pre-Production Unit] first-production-mach-e-mustang-2

Translation: The first images of what appears to be one of the first production line produced units of Mustang Mach-E already circulate on social networks

Last edited by a moderator:

SSman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3
Country flag
There is no way this is a production version. Deliveries are expected LATE 2020. At best this is pre-production.

StarWarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium ER AWD White
Country flag
The front license plate holder doesn't look right on the car. I hope they ship without it installed so we can attach below the grill.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Yeah I remember reading the first production model was going to roll off the line at June. Plus I feel like if there were production models out there, they would show up at the auto shows and allow people to sit in them (or test drive).

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I don't see how this could be a customer production unit if there are no orders in yet. Which leads me to believe it's one of these:

1. Pre-production prototype
2. Ford executive lease unit
3. Dealer test drive demo
4. Dealer Sales / Service training demo

Plus Ford has said the first customer units would be the First Edition, which this is not.

Last edited:

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm pretty certain I've seen several interviews with Ford representatives where they said reservation holders would have an opportunity to drive a Mach E before formalizing their actual orders at the dealer. Combined with the fact the order books will open this Spring, and allowing for shipping times, it does make sense that this could be a production model - albeit a low rate production model.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Remember that they also need some for testing such as EPA or EU mileage tests.

SSman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3
Country flag
I don't see how this could be a customer production unit if there are no orders in yet. Which leads me to believe it's one of these:

Plus Ford has said the first customer units would be the First Edition, which this is not.
Exactly. Especially your last point. This looks like just another social media/ hack journalism run wild without any verification.

Remember that they also need some for testing such as EPA or EU mileage tests.
QFT

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

To be fair, the poster didn't say "customer production". Just production. It's possible that it is one of the first ones off of the production line, but intended for the purposes you mentioned rather than being designated for any customer.

I guess it kinda comes down to one one considers the definition of "production model".

Blinkingicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang GT, 2015 Taco
Country flag
To be fair, the poster didn't say "customer production". Just production. It's possible that it is one of the first ones off of the production line, but intended for the purposes you mentioned rather than being designated for any customer.

I guess it kinda comes down to one one considers the definition of "production model".
I believe those intended purposes would be pre-production and not “production” vehicle which is what is typically reserved for ones built for end customers. As in Job 1, which does not begin until mass production phases (MP1 and MP2) are completed. I bet these are tooling trial or MP versions used to verify process capability.

Machemark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, Prius
Country flag
I was looking for the front tow hitch and it looks like it is on the passenger side to the left? of the license plate. That's where I'll probably put the plate... not sure yet.