jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is anyone had any issues with rear hatch foot activation. I have a premium model. The foot activation just does not work. I have verified that it is turned on in setting. No matter where I wave my foot will not open. It will open with button and closes with the close button. Any ideas before I have to take back to dealer that is 90 miles away?
I tried repeatedly with the demo I took home a couple of weeks ago and did not get it work once. Having never used it before, I may have been doing it wrong, but I imagine I looked like a lunatic doing the hokey-pokey at the back of a car.
Sponsored

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
I found kicking at the right edge of the lic plate.

Ztug

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 mache e
Country flag
^^This is also how the owners manual says to do it. I think it actually says NOT to wave your foot around.

In and then out. Has worked perfectly for me ever since I started doing it that way....
We now have almost 4,000 miles in the three months that we had our Mach e. Foot activated Automatic tailgate Lift only worked the first day at the dealership. It works fine if using the key or pressing the button but the foot activation is missing in action.
It just hasn't been worth taking to the dealer, it's a 50-mile round-trip and a wasted afternoon to the nearest dealer and they aren't one of the certified electric vehicle dealerships. I don't know if that is within their capability, LOL.

UPDATE!
As a previous poster mentioned, it seems as though you have to have the key fob on you. Which we don't do very often. The only time we carry the key fob is if we are leaving the car in a public parking lot. Normally relieve it in the center console at home or in our private neighborhood. When I tried it with the key in my pocket it worked fine by kicking straight in unde the license plate.

Last edited:

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So...I can open the rear hatch with the kick motion every time. But it NEVER opens when I try to use the interior button for the hatch in the Sync4 display. I'm searching the forum for this issue but haven't found a thread on it yet.
I find that I have to hold it for at least 1-2 seconds. If I just tap it, it does nothing.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I use it weekly and have only had one time where it didn't open.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I am a "fobber" and it works 95% of the time on the first try. I literally kick the bottom of the car, directly under the license plate. Straight in and then out.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
We now have almost 4,000 miles in the three months that we had our Mach e. Foot activated Automatic tailgate Lift only worked the first day at the dealership. It works fine if using the key or pressing the button but the foot activation is missing in action.
It just hasn't been worth taking to the dealer, it's a 50-mile round-trip and a wasted afternoon to the nearest dealer and they aren't one of the certified electric vehicle dealerships. I don't know if that is within their capability, LOL.

UPDATE!
As a previous poster mentioned, it seems as though you have to have the key fob on you. Which we don't do very often. The only time we carry the key fob is if we are leaving the car in a public parking lot. Normally relieve it in the center console at home or in our private neighborhood. When I tried it with the key in my pocket it worked fine by kicking straight in unde the license plate.
Have you had FSA 21B36 applied to your car yet? My car was updated to this version of the software, and foot activation was more reliable for me when using my phone as a key.

‘64 GTO

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘64GTO, ‘73 280Z,’ 92 Miata, 2004 PT Cruiser
Occupation
Ret. Financial Advisor
Country flag
I open mine with a kick straight toward the circle left of the license plate . Open s everytime. Also will open using your hand under the circle. I have my iphone on me when I do this.

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Took awhile, but the car needs to be unlocked and takes two kicks where a trailer hitch would be. Two more kicks and it will go down.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Here’s how I do it. Different than the way Ford says to do it.