First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
a couple of thoughts...

Evergreen software is one of the key things I expected from the car... they are slowly kinda doing it... they called out BC 1.3 coming to 21's and 22's.

1.1B negative EBIT for E cars is brutal. I can imagine there are some highly energized conversations about how to get to EVs without going broke.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Honestly, if they had an option for faster acceleration in the non-GT models, I would pay it. Like the acceleration boost for Long Range Model 3s.

I am not a financial guy but with the amount they're spending on new factories and plants, aren't these losses expected?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Honestly, if they had an option for faster acceleration in the non-GT models, I would pay it. Like the acceleration boost for Long Range Model 3s.

I am not a financial guy but with the amount they're spending on new factories and plants, aren't these losses expected?
I haven’t read financial statements from many others in the industry and I don’t believe they are as clearly separated by legacy and EV - so my answer is relatively uninformed... but the majority of auto manufacturers are spending a lot of capital retooling factories and creating all new batter assembly plants and supply chains. So yeah, in terms of competition I would say those losses by the Model-E are pretty common.