Ford Charging Station Connection Lost server issue?

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Haven't been able to find an example of this one yet. I got my charger installed yesterday. When setting up I'm able to connect to bluetooth with no problems, I'm able to connect to my wifi, I'm able to link it to the ford pass app, but then I run into this error. The Ford Charge station setup returns back to the starting screen. Every time I go into FordPass and open up the charging station it gives me this error. I can see the charger on my wifi and ping it. Looks like there is a port 80 open on it with a default page listing a ton of info...appears to be an apache web server on the charger. It has only been installed a day, will this error ever clear? It appears to charge fine with no issues, would just like to use the app too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Charging Station Connection Lost server issue? Screenshot_20211009-174342_FordPass
Sponsored

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
When I first installed mine ... it took something like 15 minutes (after configuring it) before it showed up. I suspect there was some lag on the server side setup before it showed up as being connected in my app.

Is your charger still not showing up?

If you go into the charge station setup app ... what software version are you on?

OP
OP

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I first installed mine ... it took something like 15 minutes (after configuring it) before it showed up. I suspect there was some lag on the server side setup before it showed up as being connected in my app.

Is your charger still not showing up?

If you go into the charge station setup app ... what software version are you on?
The charger shows up in the fordpass app but it always shows the above error. The ford charge station setup is a rather odd version 1.2.3 updated on July 27 2021, released on Oct 17 2020. I can't really do anything in the ford charge station setup as it just asks me to setup another new charger. Is it supposed todo anything after the setup in the fordpass app?

OP
OP

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This started working today, have no idea why. Error is gone though. Install was over 5 days ago and I must have tried to setup it up over and over again in the app about 3 times the day it was installed unaware the setup was completed even though the error displayed. Bad user experience but glad it's working now. I suppose another thread I read on this was correct that there is some queue system on ford's side or possibly a down service or something completely unrelated to the install. Just a heads up for anyone that sees this in the future.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
The electrician is coming to install a new 60 amp service box in our garage. Does anyone know the orientation of the wall plug? Ground post up or down? Thanks

OP
OP

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The electrician is coming to install a new 60 amp service box in our garage. Does anyone know the orientation of the wall plug? Ground post up or down? Thanks
I'm not really following your question. The 60 amp would be a new fuse in your fuse box not something like a 240v plug. The Ford Charger, if that's what you're getting installed, is hardwired to the fuse box. There is no wall plug unless you ask to install one on the same 60amp line.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I know I was not very clear. My 200 amp box is located in our basement. Our garage is free standing away from the house. The electrician will be adding a sub-pannel in the garage. I was asking about the portable charger provided by Ford. The outlet receiving the NEMA plug. I appreciate your response, Thanks.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I know I was not very clear. My 200 amp box is located in our basement. Our garage is free standing away from the house. The electrician will be adding a sub-pannel in the garage. I was asking about the portable charger provided by Ford. The outlet receiving the NEMA plug. I appreciate your response, Thanks.
Ah ok -- that's different than the charger/EVSE discussed in this thread.

For the mobile charger, I recommend printing out PAGE 2 of this file (titled "Ford Mobile Charger") and sharing it with your electrician.

https://www.ford.com/ntzlibs/conten...-sheet/Home_Install_Spec_Sheet_0831_FINAL.pdf

It shows the orientation for the outlet. Ground is up. You need a NEMA 14-50 receptacle and a 50A circuit. (Not a 60A circuit.)

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ground pin up on the 14-50 and it has to be a 50A circuit with a neutral wire because of the receptacle limitation, not 60A. 6 gauge Romex or 8 gauge THHN in conduit from the panel to the receptacle.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ground pin up on the 14-50 and it has to be a 50A circuit with a neutral wire because of the receptacle limitation, not 60A. 6 gauge Romex or 8 gauge THHN in conduit from the panel to the receptacle.
Thanks

BGIowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape PHEV, F150
Occupation
IT - Developer
Country flag
I had exactly the same issue with "Connection Lost". Re-tried the setup multiple times. Just about installed a WiFi repeater. However, the next day it was working fine with no intervention on my part.