Ford cuts F-150 Lightning Prices

Tha_Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One that shall not be named
Country flag
I'd suggest the price drops aren't due to demand drops, but rather having competing vehicles in the segment now. Namely Chevy & Cybertruck.
Is the CT really competition? That's an "interesting" looking truck that I imagine only appeals to a small segment of the population.

It'll likely be cross shopped, but I imagine it's looks will not help it sway traditional truck guys away from an F150 unless it's performance is downright shocking.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
A major factor is the high interest rate for any vehicle purchase. The manufactures have to adjust to the financial market.

There is always supply and demand. Part of the supply is charging options. I know a couple people who considered an EV but decided to wait until the charging network settled out. There are forum horror stories for every make concerning EA, CP, etc.

I noticed Elon is building massive charging complexes in Barstow and Kettleman City. When he starts handing out Tesla adapters, the non-Tesla market will realize they aren’t tied down to Electrify America with their whack-a-mole system.

IMG_4243.jpg
Tesla's Kettleman City has been in a closed Burger King w/numerous charging stands for some years now. Plus in the building they've had a barista ;-)

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Ok, even with my continuing issues with MME, I ordered an XLT Extended Range today in that Blue color, no options. Says Oct delivery and X Plan price so will get a very similar deal I got on my 2021 MME. Might be dumb, but I do like how my MME drives but realness more room in a truck and better range.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So the XLT standard range......$55k minus $7,500 Fed (if you qualify) minus $3,500 for people here in MA. That lands you at $44k. That's pretty awesome if you can live with standard range.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
No, it's quite simply that you quoted incorrect price figures in your post that I responded to:

The truck now starts at under $50K. That's well below your statement about starting at $74K.

If that's not really what you meant, I'm all ears.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Coworker has been on the fence for months now about buying either a Mach-e or a Lightning. After this week's announcement, he bought a Lightning yesterday off of the dealer's lot at the reduced pricing. I think there's still strong interest in EVs; people just know when they're being overcharged for a product.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Will be interesting to see if there's more price cuts in the fall.