AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I can see why, goes slow to start and then too fast going in.
Plus it’s much more fun doing the touch test.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I always had trouble getting the car to "see" the spot I wanted to park in, so the system would engage. That (to me) seemed harder than just parallel parking and doing everything myself, so I never even start the process any more.

The times it did work though, it worked really well.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
The system has gotten better (my 2012 escape had it), but yeah, it's either easier to do on your own or perhaps too good to the point where I don't trust it. Since it's a different name, I'm guessing this doesn't apply to the trailer assist? That one seemed more useful.

I find their estimated cost savings dubious though. It reuses existing parking sensors for the most part.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
No more park assist for Ford vehicles. Apparently, it wasn’t used much according to the data.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46683694/ford-parallel-parking-tech-discontinued/
I use this feature all the time. Dont have very many situations where I need to use it, but when I do I use it.

Where I think there was an issue is people just don't trust it. I actually like how it will wiggle you out of a parallel parking spot when it is very tight because some asshat parked too close and makes it hard to get out of a spot.

My MME has it so sorry for the rest of you lol.

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Wonder if they will disable APA in cars that currently have it (they shouldn't, coz it was a promised feature when I bought the MME, even though I have barely used it)

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's such a bummer!

I got my 2022 Premium MME with the Prep-Kit for Park Assist, with the promise that it be possible to buy the hardware latter on. I believe that only 2021 MME Year Model had it.

Maybe the lack of usage was because where the majority of the fleet this is installed, drivers are not so used or trustful of those technological features, leaving all the rest hanging...

Jim_In_Mass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
That's such a bummer!

I got my 2022 Premium MME with the Prep-Kit for Park Assist, with the promise that it be possible to buy the hardware latter on. I believe that only 2021 MME Year Model had it.

Maybe the lack of usage was because where the majority of the fleet this is installed, drivers are not so used or trustful of those technological features, leaving all the rest hanging...
I resemble that remark!

Saw it mentioned in the manual, never really felt the need to test it.

Maybe if I could practice with Park Assist with someone else's Mach-E??

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
No more park assist for Ford vehicles. Apparently, it wasn’t used much according to the data.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46683694/ford-parallel-parking-tech-discontinued/
I actually tried mine out for vertical parking today after reading this thread. It took 1 minute 40 seconds to back into a spot. It was horrific.

EDIT: I actually have dashcam footage of the parking 'event' someone got so impatient they tried to scoot in front of me after the cars 4th attempt to straighten out while reversing. I should post it so people can understand this feature being gone is a mercy killing.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That's such a bummer!

My 2022 has it.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I was in LA last week, drinking coffee on the patio, watching people park and leave. The number of near misses I witnessed in an hour was mind boggling. Park assist is sorely needed. But Fords application wasn’t the best.

The main area that drivers might need help with is steering, not changing gears or hitting the accelerator / brake pedal. Toyota had steering assist only, with instructions for the driver to switch between forward and reverse and operate the pedals. It felt safe and controlled. I used it sometimes. I never need it, but if I’m tired it’s nice for the car to do the heavy lifting.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
If it's just a software update (is it?) then maybe it could be an "a la carte" item for people who want it. In any case, I was disappointed to find out that '23s didn't have it, or the foot assist hatch opening function.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
If it's just a software update (is it?) then maybe it could be an "a la carte" item for people who want it. In any case, I was disappointed to find out that '23s didn't have it, or the foot assist hatch opening function.
Foot assist is great. I use that all the time. Hopefully they can bring that chip back for new models. Seems weird that a $50k plus car has to be built without chips that just cost a couple of bucks each.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
It was so freak hard to use. Press 2 buttons, blinker, and most of the time it wouldn’t find a spot. I tried it a few times. And right after I got past a spot that it didn’t recognize, I parked it myself.
Sponsored