Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Once a manufacturer hits the 200,000 sales mark for qualifying vehicles the $7,500 tax credit is phased out, it does not end immediately. During the second calendar quarter after the quarter in which the 200K mark is reached the tax credit drops by 50% (to $3750 for the MME). 6 months later it drops to 25% ($1875).

Short version: 1 year after the 200K mark before the tax credit completely vanishes.

My gut feeling (and that might be the Portuguese Sausage I had with breakfast doing the talking), is that everyone who buys an MME in the 2021 model year is golden for tax credits. I've been known to be wrong though.
I think we've pretty well established that all MY2021 MMEs will be eligible for the full tax credit. There are entire threads on this topic.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Tim - I had the same exact situation and also have an "email" order in place. The unknown at this point is that I still have a Premium order in place and I am very reluctant to cancel until I am absolutely sure the FE order will in fact happen. This is something I will have to work out with my dealer. I have a fully refundable deposit in place for the Premium and my dealer has not asked for a separate deposit for the FE. Susan (Ford) has verbally told me the FE order is for sure, but until I have written confirmation or until it shows up on my Ford App, I will not cancel the Premium. I don't want to end up with neither . . . .
Someone earlier was told by Ford not to cancel the existing order until everything was certain and they had the order in hand from the #MachDrop.

Here's another thought: Do you like and trust your dealer? If so, ask them if they want you to drop your reservation or let it arrive before turning it down. That way they have one on the lot to sell.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Once a manufacturer hits the 200,000 sales mark for qualifying vehicles the $7,500 tax credit is phased out, it does not end immediately. During the second calendar quarter after the quarter in which the 200K mark is reached the tax credit drops by 50% (to $3750 for the MME). 6 months later it drops to 25% ($1875).

Short version: 1 year after the 200K mark before the tax credit completely vanishes.

My gut feeling (and that might be the Portuguese Sausage I had with breakfast doing the talking), is that everyone who buys an MME in the 2021 model year is golden for tax credits. I've been known to be wrong though.

Correct.
Assuming the program remains in effect long enough for those scenarios to play out.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Correct.
Assuming the program remains in effect long enough for those scenarios to play out.
The program was passed by Congress. I don't see them agreeing on anything controversial until the next Congress.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tim - I had the same exact situation and also have an "email" order in place. The unknown at this point is that I still have a Premium order in place and I am very reluctant to cancel until I am absolutely sure the FE order will in fact happen. This is something I will have to work out with my dealer. I have a fully refundable deposit in place for the Premium and my dealer has not asked for a separate deposit for the FE. Susan (Ford) has verbally told me the FE order is for sure, but until I have written confirmation or until it shows up on my Ford App, I will not cancel the Premium. I don't want to end up with neither . . . .
I'd probably wait at least until your dealer gets the FE in the official WEBDO order system. When my dealer submitted my Premium order in there, he had the system email me a copy of the Order Summary as confirmation (that's where the 4-digit Order ID comes from). Julie said these FEs would probably be available in WEBDO later in September.

I don't think there's any hurry to cancel the Premium. I'm planning on telling my dealer that if he wants to keep the order in place as long as he wants then cancel late so he gets the vehicle on the lot to sell himself, it's OK by me. I feel like I'm kinda putting him through the ringer a little too with all these changes and extra work.

Reactions: abr

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

I am pretty sure that one of the Mach-E electronic sounds will be appropriate for someone who had Portuguese sausage for breakfast. I've been known to be wrong though.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think we've pretty well established that all MY2021 MMEs will be eligible for the full tax credit. There are entire threads on this topic.
Agree. I didn't realize the GTs would be 2021 models. Must admit that I haven't really paid that much attention to those since I thought they were over a year away. Which in EV time.....is really 18-20 months or more.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Persistence seems to have paid off. I spoke to Julie at Ford today (as others mentioned) and she seemed honestly horrified by what it has taken me to get any traction on a FE machdrop. She took down every bit of information and immediately called my dealer to talk to them. She said if they didn't sound receptive she was going to go to their district manager. Hours later I got a call from my dealer saying Julie called and stepped him through the process.

Apparently Ford now has to take all these orders and manually process them before the dealer gets the actual order.

Now we wait.

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
So apparently Ford only “dropped” an extra 250 FEs. It seems like they may be making an exception for conversions though. If not, I’d think they would have hit the 250 limit before their new drop announced today.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Clearly this tie-in was planned. Spotify couldn't have had New Breed on the playlist if Ford Media hadn't planned to announce it this week.

Amazingly bad promotion for something that was clearly planned well in advance.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Agree. I didn't realize the GTs would be 2021 models. Must admit that I haven't really paid that much attention to those since I thought they were over a year away. Which in EV time.....is really 18-20 months or more.
They were over a year away... however in a few months it will be a year from when that was announced... not as long now.... Right now it should be under a year, assuming no additional delays.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
They were over a year away... however in a few months it will be a year from when that was announced... not as long now.... Right now it should be under a year, assuming no additional delays.
So....when are we expecting to see a MME GT in consumer driveways?
Sponsored