Ford is adding ADM on 2022 Ford Mach E Orders now?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I can assure you they are making more than $1 on that "invoice"/MSRP-priced MME.
1 - Yes I can confirm that the MSRP price of the car is $1 more than the dealership pays for it.
2 - You flat out say they made money on the lease. Well of course, you're paying a finance charge and dealerships would 100% rather finance a car than have someone pay cash for it. They make money on the finance deal.
3 - As for bonuses and "spiffs". I'm unaware of any for MachE's at this point although there could be.
4 - A dealership is a business, in business to make money. I'm not opposed to ADM, so long as it's reasonable. But again, if you don't want to pay ADM go somewhere else.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
the one caution to that. My dealer clearly had a $5k markup when I ordered online back in january. I spoke with the general manager soon after and he committed to msrp and xplan which is what I got. This is not written in stone by any means
^^ This.

I’m not sure how the price listed on Ford.com is really any different than the “asking price” of any other car.

It’s all negotiable. Unless it’s one of the few dealers that actually advertise really low prices, no one pays asking price for a car.

And the car price is just the starting point for negotiations. Trade in, financing, add ons…… all negotiable and all a part of the same deal.

What’s interesting is that people tend to negotiate the hardest on the one thing with the least amount of margin: new car prices.

There is waaaaaaay more wiggle room on trade in values than new car prices.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Fritts Ford in Riverside, CA. To be fair, they did not add any ADM on my first order.
If you previously did business with them I think you could 100% call the manager and have a conversation that would get that ADM to go away.

On a GTPE I worked a dealership wanting 20k ADM down to 0... It's possible!

There's a spreadsheet here for dealerships that "were" adding NO ADM:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you previously did business with them I think you could 100% call the manager and have a conversation that would get that ADM to go away.

On a GTPE I worked a dealership wanting 20k ADM down to 0... It's possible!
It’s still weird to me that we actually have negotiate….. to pay full msrp.

I remember an old King of the Hill episode where Hank was the dealerships “favorite customer.” They even sent him a fruit basket each year. Peggy found out it’s because he would always “pay msrp, not a dime more.”

ha! I found the clip:

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
why do they do that? They don't need customers?
Right, they have more customers than cars. Why make $X when they can make $X + ADM for the cars they do have?

and to some people, they would prefer to pay $2.000 extra or whatever ADM and get a car today instead of waiting 8 months.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All of the people who are paying ADM are making all of us who did not feel superior - stop it.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Right, they have more customers than cars. Why make $X when they can make $X + ADM for the cars they do have?
If it is THAT simple then why there are dealerships that don't charge ADM?...... Charities?

and to some people, they would prefer to pay $2.000 extra or whatever ADM and get a car today instead of waiting 8 months.
We are talking about ADM charged during the ordering process. It doesn't speed up the delivery in any way.
It would be quite understandable if Ford starts selling priority levels for a little extra, however it would be torn into pieces for that.

Last edited:

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Still don't get it. Seems a little silly to me. Doesn't it worth a few ks of $s to do a little research?.....
There is a spreadsheet on this forum showing the dealers per state that posters here given input on. It shows in their purchasing experience which ones had ADM and which ones dont. If I can find it I'll post it in here.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it is THAT simple then why there are dealerships that don't charge ADM?...... Charities?

We are talking about ADM charged during the ordering process. It doesn't speed up the delivery in any way.
It would be quite understandable if Ford starts selling priority levels for a little extra, however it would be torn into pieces for that.
I’m not convinced that anyone is paying an ADM who orders a vehicle.

The ADM shown is just like an “asking price.” It’s likely a way to get people to go into the dealer in order to negotiate.

That way they can:
1. Make sure you’re actually a serious buyer
2. Get a deposit
3. Negotiate or talk about trade ins and financing
4. Make people feel like they got a “deal” since they negotiated down to msrp or x plan.

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
lmao. ADM -> additional dealer markup. If Ford wanted more money for 2022s they would just raise the MSRP again

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Many are willing to do some research, they simply don't have guidance of what research to do.

I think my answer to this has always been be willing to spend more time and research everything out there.

For almost anything we can buy now, that tends to be forums/youtube/reddit now. Before finding this forum, I found the other Mach-e forums which seems sorta dead (few posts), but kept searching and found this one after to see how the 'game' is being played for this car. Advice has always been do nothing in a rush, buy nothing until you've spent your time on knowing the basics or as much as you can. Most people ahead of someone making the purchase has already gone through some of the pain/research and posted about it.

Most people simply won't bother the time so just end up paying more (which is fine too).

Even though we probably feel knowledgeable on our Mach-e orders, we probably all suffer from this in some purchases in our lives. Various examples are vet bills (they're insane in the USA) and some people actually take pets out of country and I think there are services that will take your pet as well to another country (Mexico) to do an operation which would take 7k in the US and it's like 1k there (had a friend do this).

Other example that was mentioned is mattresses. There's a reason why stores never seem to carry the same brands/models (to prevent price shopping).

Same goes for prespection glasses at optometrist. I think like 65-75% of the brands are owned by like 1 or 2 companies.

Computers can have very wide prices in the past (less so now) as well.

Solar installs are a big one. Prices range from < $2/W - $5/W possibly for the same stuff.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It’s still weird to me that we actually have negotiate….. to pay full msrp.

I remember an old King of the Hill episode where Hank was the dealerships “favorite customer.” They even sent him a fruit basket each year. Peggy found out it’s because he would always “pay msrp, not a dime more.”

ha! I found the clip:

you can negotiate to get xplan.. not a huge savings but overall better than a kick in the teeth

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Some dealers go for volume over per sale. As ADM have to be registered on Ford, people can shop around and register their orders at dealers without ADM.

All I can say is buyer beware... It makes little sense for orders and not picking up something off the lot...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
you can negotiate to get xplan.. not a huge savings but overall better than a kick in the teeth
You cannot negotiate to get X-Plan. You must qualify for X-Plan.

Some dealers offer "X-Plan pricing". Buyer beware. First, make sure you're getting the true X-Plan price. Then make sure you're not getting charged more than $100 for paperwork.

If a dealer offers "X-Plan pricing", it's not truly X-Plan and they aren't getting money back from Ford, so they have to get it somewhere else.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag