Ford is adding ADM on 2022 Ford Mach E Orders now?

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
You cannot negotiate to get X-Plan. You must qualify for X-Plan.

Some dealers offer "X-Plan pricing". Buyer beware. First, make sure you're getting the true X-Plan price. Then make sure you're not getting charged more than $100 for paperwork.

If a dealer offers "X-Plan pricing", it's not truly X-Plan and they aren't getting money back from Ford, so they have to get it somewhere else.
what's X-Plan
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I've found nothing that indicates @EVBite's info was wrong here:

https://evbite.com/negotiate-the-price-of-a-ford-mustang-mach-e/

Traditional-Dealer-Invoice-VS-E-Invoice-1024x517.jpg
Ummm... That is the most confusing thing I've ever seen. The MSRP and invoice are the same in the picture (top right), yet the article says you can negotiate but also says "They cannot offer any approvals, incentives, or discounts on the vehicle." Then he goes on to say you can negotiate in person because, sure the dealer owns the car.

I spoke personally with 3 managers who all said they make no money on the them. Could they have lied? Sure. But if Ford is putting money in there for dealer prep, training etc, that's not profit, that's reimbursement of expenses.

I'll repeat... Dealerships are businesses, in business to make money, pay their employees and thrive. I would never expect a dealership to sell a car below cost. Cost includes many things and is not just the invoice. They have to insure every vehicle on their lot, prep them for sale, pay the sales person, finance person etc.

I would encourage anyone to speak up if you paid under MSRP with proof of that. I don't think we're gonna see that at all. I have been a vocal critic of dealers charging crazy amounts of ADM, but I do think there's reasonable amounts. I have also said, if you don't like your dealerships ADM go elsewhere. We have that freedom of choice!

Last edited:

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Ummm... That is the most confusing thing I've ever seen. The MSRP and invoice are the same in the picture (top right), yet the article says you can negotiate but also says "They cannot offer any approvals, incentives, or discounts on the vehicle." Then he goes on to say you can negotiate in person because, sure the dealer owns the car.

I spoke personally with 3 managers who all said they make no money on the them. Could they have lied? Sure. But if Ford is putting money in there for dealer prep, training etc, that's not profit, that's reimbursement of expenses.

I'll repeat... Dealerships are businesses, in business to make money, pay their employees and thrive. I would never expect a dealership to sell a car below cost. Cost includes many things and is not just the invoice. They have to insure every vehicle on their lot, prep them for sale, pay the sales person, finance person etc.

I would encourage anyone to speak up if you paid under MSRP with proof of that. I don't think we're gonna see that at all. I have been a vocal critic of dealers charging crazy amounts of ADM, but I do think there's reasonable amounts. I have also said, if you don't like your dealerships ADM go elsewhere. We have that freedom of choice!
I believe manufacturers are not that hard on the price for dealerships.........

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
what's X-Plan
A discount on Ford vehicles that several thousand companies and organizations offer. No negotiated, X-Plan price is indicated on the invoice, max of $100 paperwork fee. If your company or organization doesn't offer it, joining the Experimental Aircraft Association or the Mustang Club of America gets you the discount, sometimes you have a 90 day waiting period to use it.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/x-plan-rules-and-faqs.10322/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...nt-pricing-for-mach-e.501/page-25#post-259216

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

First, the MSRP and Invoice for the Mach-E are identical. That's in multiple threads as well as my invoice.

Second, the article clearly states that the dealership gets 1% + $250 as a delivery allowance, 1% ad money, 2% for EV funding, and 0.9% other for a total of 4.9% plus $250. That's several thousands of dollars.

I paid A-Plan price (because we get A-Plan) on a cancelled order. MSRP/Invoice of $56,200, A-Plan price of $54,271.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
That's several thousands of dollars.
50k x 4.9% = $2,450

As someone who has started 2 businesses, sold one and the other went through multiple rounds of fundraising I can tell you that $2450 for 100% allocated expenses is the equivalent of making $0.

If the dealership is using those funds for their intended purposes or not, I have no idea. I don't know how Ford tracks that money, if they do at all. Either way, 2.5k is about 2 days of land rent for a dealership so it's still negligible.

I'm in 100% agreement that you can negotiate on the ADM and you should. I did and got it removed completely. I firmly believe that you should shop around and only pay what you feel comfortable paying. I did! It took me weeks to find a car, which I purchased 3000 miles away even though there were many in my state.

Of course, work whatever angles you can to get something as cheap as you can. I would always advocate that. But don't be upset when a dealership tries to make a reasonable profit. Also, A-Plan pricing is designed specifically for current Ford employees that comes from corporate. It's not fair to compare that to the everyday "Joe".

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
50k x 4.9% = $2,450

As someone who has started 2 businesses, sold one and the other went through multiple rounds of fundraising I can tell you that $2450 for 100% allocated expenses is the equivalent of making $0.

If the dealership is using those funds for their intended purposes or not, I have no idea. I don't know how Ford tracks that money, if they do at all. Either way, 2.5k is about 2 days of land rent for a dealership so it's still negligible.

I'm in 100% agreement that you can negotiate on the ADM and you should. I did and got it removed completely. I firmly believe that you should shop around and only pay what you feel comfortable paying. I did! It took me weeks to find a car, which I purchased 3000 miles away even though there were many in my state.

Of course, work whatever angles you can to get something as cheap as you can. I would always advocate that. But don't be upset when a dealership tries to make a reasonable profit. Also, A-Plan pricing is designed specifically for current Ford employees that comes from corporate. It's not fair to compare that to the everyday "Joe".
The vehicle I bought was prepped on 6/16 and I bought it on 7/2. Not a lot of carrying cost there.

A-Plan is for employees and their families. X-Plan is for anyone that is smart enough to belong to an organization that offers it (if their employer doesn't). Our dealership does over half their business via plans, and are happy to let people buy vehicles with them. Therefore, unless you can't find a dealership willing to take X-Plan (and many aren't for this vehicle), paying MSRP isn't always required.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You cannot negotiate to get X-Plan. You must qualify for X-Plan.

Some dealers offer "X-Plan pricing". Buyer beware. First, make sure you're getting the true X-Plan price. Then make sure you're not getting charged more than $100 for paperwork.

If a dealer offers "X-Plan pricing", it's not truly X-Plan and they aren't getting money back from Ford, so they have to get it somewhere else.
ok I didn't specify what you need to do as I thought it's been covered ad nauseum. The caveat is you have to own ford stock for six months, be a member of MCA for 90 days or a member of other organization that qualifies you for xplan. The point I was trying to make, dealers are not obligated to accept xplan, so that's part of the negotiation process which is exactly what I did when I ordered. My dealer had an ADM, would not accept xplan.. Discussion with GM I got msrp and xplan

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What does "I got MSRP and X-Plan" mean?

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think with an ordered Mach-E sold at MSRP or a/x-plan, the dealership itself makes $$ or gets all those fees, but the normal salesperson/manager or people low on the totem pole makes little/$0.

That's probably why some folks will say they make $0 for selling the Mach-e at a dealership. That's my guess.

Not like the car requires much 'work' to sell though currently.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I think with an ordered Mach-E sold at MSRP or a/x-plan, the dealership itself makes $$ or gets all those fees, but the normal salesperson/manager or people low on the totem pole makes little/$0.

That's probably why some folks will say they make $0 for selling the Mach-e at a dealership. That's my guess.

Not like the car requires much 'work' to sell though currently.
Most car sales people make very little on each sale and make their money on volume bonuses. There is usually a “flat” paid to the salesperson.

Dealerships also make a ton of money on financing, warranties and service. Every little part of the deal has some sort of profit margin.

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
A couple of weeks ago my "difference from total MSRP" spontaneously changed to $3000. I reached out to the dealer (Fullerton Ford, in Fullerton, California) and was assured that that dealer does not put ADM on customer orders. In the 4 1/2 months since ordering I've seen lots of strangeness on the web site so for now I will take the car salesman at his word (yeah, I just read what I typed). When the car eventually shows up I will not pay ADM. If that also means I do not have the car then I'll worry about that when it happens.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
x-plan is MSRP minus 2% plus $275. His comment meant he paid no ADM and car was discounted to x-plan pricing.
The terms have nothing to do with each other. X-Plan is based off invoice (which in the case of the Mach-E is the same as MSRP. ADM and X-Plan are mutually exclusive.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The terms have nothing to do with each other. X-Plan is based off invoice (which in the case of the Mach-E is the same as MSRP. ADM and X-Plan are mutually exclusive.
Is there any part of you that reads what he wrote and thinks he paid anything other than X plan?

He paid X plan.

Now you’re just arguing about syntax.
Sponsored