Aage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Automotive technician
Country flag
If your Mach-E Reservation page shows a build week, you can likely get your VIN!

Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer

It's ugly, there's a few steps to take to get to the data, but at the end you'll be able to get your VIN. I even generate a barcode your FordPass app will accept.

Notes:
You can not use a mobile phone as it requires a browser's development tools.

I wanted to make a site where you can get this information, but without compromising your privacy. No analytics, no third-party CDNs for libraries, no data uploaded from any data you enter. Everything runs locally once you load the page. The site is hosted via AWS CloudFront.

Jeg har en GitHub-repo med koden , hvis du er en front-end-utvikler som meg og vil undersøke eller kjøre koden lokalt. Jeg kommer ikke til å tilbringe mye tid med støtte, men vil høre på tilbakemeldinger. Hvis du også er en utvikler, ønsker jeg også pull-forespørsler velkommen!

Backstory:
Da Mach-E-bestillingen min la ut en byggeuke, ønsket jeg å finne ut hva VIN-en min var. Etter å ha utforsket, oppdaget jeg at VIN-nummeret er inkludert i nyttelasten! Dessverre kan du ikke koble direkte til JSON-filen selv når du er logget på (lang historie). Ellers vil jeg bare koble direkte til den filen for å kopiere / lime inn i verktøyet.

Jeg kan legge til flere detaljer for å se, inkludert et bilde av bilen og prisdata. Jeg var ikke sikker på interessen eller nøyaktigheten i å avsløre disse dataene. Jeg ønsket heller ikke å gjenoppfinne det som allerede er på reservasjonssiden.
[/SITAT]
Thank you for this information, now I have my VIN number.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheSeg

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
Thanks everyone for all the praise and feedback for the tool!

I finally got around to fixing the index.html issue CloudFront & subdirectories get weird. You can now reach the site at the URL:

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/

Over the weekend I may spruce up the site and give a few more bits of information. Also considering a VIN-to-Barcode feature for folks who have a VIN and just want to get a fancy barcode to scan on their phone.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Too bad it needs a reservation ID because the Mach Drops don't have one.

OP
OP
TheSeg

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
Country flag
Too bad it needs a reservation ID because the Mach Drops don't have one.
Sorry I'm not familiar to the Mach Drops. Do they use the same reservation/orders page as the rest of us? What if anything do you get to check your order status?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Sorry I'm not familiar to the Mach Drops. Do they use the same reservation/orders page as the rest of us? What if anything do you get to check your order status?
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ - enter the VIN on that page.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer 1609183759099

also https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker

both of those show my order as "in production", but it would be nice to be able to see secondary status like paint or trim. I'm not sure that is possible to get that secondary status outside of WebDO.

OP
OP
TheSeg

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
Country flag
both of those show my order as "in production", but it would be nice to be able to see secondary status like paint or trim. I'm not sure that is possible to get that secondary status outside of WebDO.
So you have your VIN number then? This tool I made is only for getting a VIN number when you don't have one AND your reservation has a scheduled production week.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
So you have your VIN number then? This tool I made is only for getting a VIN number when you don't have one AND your reservation has a scheduled production week.
I tried your site. Did nothing for me. If it is only for Vin number it is
much easier to just call your dealer.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
If it is only for Vin number it is much easier to just call your dealer.
Many of us would disagree, which was part of the reason for what TheSeg did. My dealer said I didn't have one assigned, which means he didn't know what he was doing, was lazy, or didn't want to provide it to me.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Many of us would disagree, which was part of the reason for what TheSeg did. My dealer said I didn't have one assigned, which means he didn't know what he was doing, was lazy, or didn't want to provide it to me.
yeah mine didn't really "know" where to find it. it was a lot easier to find it myself. the salesperson then asked me for it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer Screenshot_20201228-165145_SMS Organizer

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thank you.
Worked great for me. I was able to retrieve the VIN number hidden in the Ford Reservation/Owner page.

Thanks again! ?

OP
OP
TheSeg

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
Country flag
Version 1.5.0

Made a few improvements this afternoon, including a new feature!

VIN Barcode Tool
I added a tool to generate a barcode for your VIN Number if you already have it. No need to go through all the steps in the "Find my VIN" tool.

Better Error Handling
The "Find My VIN" tool wasn't showing errors when the JSON data didn't contain the `VIN` field in the expected place. An error message will now display, instead of a blank modal.

Minor Style Changes
As this moves to being a multi-tool, I reorganized the codes to a multi-view app.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Version 1.5.0

VIN Barcode Tool
I added a tool to generate a barcode for your VIN Number if you already have it. No need to go through all the steps in the "Find my VIN" tool.

Better Error Handling
The "Find My VIN" tool wasn't showing errors when the JSON data didn't contain the `VIN` field in the expected place. An error message will now display, instead of a blank modal.

Minor Style Changes
As this moves to being a multi-tool, I reorganized the codes to a multi-view app.
Great tool! Thanks!!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Version 1.5.0

VIN Barcode Tool

Better Error Handling

Minor Style Changes
Above and beyond. Thanks. :)