Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e premium, AWD, SR - rec'd 9/17/21
Occupation
University administrator - Retired
Country flag
Hey all....just got my Mach E this past Friday. I have a Chargepoint home charger on a 50 amp circuit for my daily charging needs....I plan on keeping the Ford Mobile Charger in the car. But I thought it would be wise to test it out. I inserted the 14-50 plug into the unit and it charged just fine. However, when I went to remove the plug and stow it away, I could not remove the 14-50 plug from the unit. Is there a trick to this? I looked for a release button but found none. Thanks all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LRinker1

LRinker1

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e premium, AWD, SR - rec'd 9/17/21
Occupation
University administrator - Retired
Country flag

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Hey all....just got my Mach E this past Friday. I have a Chargepoint home charger on a 50 amp circuit for my daily charging needs....I plan on keeping the Ford Mobile Charger in the car. But I thought it would be wise to test it out. I inserted the 14-50 plug into the unit and it charged just fine. However, when I went to remove the plug and stow it away, I could not remove the 14-50 plug from the unit. Is there a trick to this? I looked for a release button but found none. Thanks all.
I attached my mobile charger to my wall since at home the difference between 50 amp and 32 amp, in my opinion, is not worth the cost. At home, how long it takes to charge is not important.

But when traveling, who would want to charge at 110v? I will leave the MME home where there is no charging available. My other vehicle is a Honda Accord Hybrid that gets 47 mpg.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I attached my mobile charger to my wall since at home the difference between 50 amp and 32 amp, in my opinion, is not worth the cost. At home, how long it takes to charge is not important.

But when traveling, who would want to charge at 110v? I will leave the MME home where there is no charging available. My other vehicle is a Honda Accord Hybrid that gets 47 mpg.
I have charged at 120v while on vacation. My other car is a Wrangler 4xe. Average 31 mpg so far.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Visited our son two weeks ago. Arrived with 11%. Used 120 just fine to get to 100% over a few days.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

SeaKayaker4Life

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD in Rapid Red
Occupation
I Do Software
Country flag
I’ve seen suggestions that companies should install dedicated 120V outlets in employee parking areas as an inexpensive way to offer EV charging. Each outlet needs its own circuit but it’s a LOT cheaper than installing L2 charging and would provide a full commute’s charge to more than half of your employees (4 mi x 8h = 32 mi round-trip).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I’ve seen suggestions that companies should install dedicated 120V outlets in employee parking areas as an inexpensive way to offer EV charging. Each outlet needs its own circuit but it’s a LOT cheaper than installing L2 charging and would provide a full commute’s charge to more than half of your employees (4 mi x 8h = 32 mi round-trip).
It isn't really that much less expensive. We would charge about the same. Same amount of wires....just a little thicker. Otherwise it is the same amount of work.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Visited our son two weeks ago. Arrived with 11%. Used 120 just fine to get to 100% over a few days.
I assumed someone traveling would be just passing through, not staying in one location. If you were instead driving to CA, 120v charging wouldn't be an option. Anyway, for your purpose the 120v is fine.

In CT to RI they are slow in building the charging infrastructure. I am close to EVGO and Electrify America fast chargers but at home I don't need them.
Sponsored