Ford Options...Ugh

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I keep thinking about the Simpson's episode where he finances the giant pickup truck that he clearly can't afford. The finance manager is walking him through the loan: "This is your monthly payment. This is your weekly payment. This is your daily payment. And this is your CBP."
"What's that?"
"That's the Crippling Balloon Payment."
"But that's not for awhile yet, right?"
Sponsored

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
I would assume you'd pay the whole balance off, otherwise you'd accrue interest on the balloon amount. If I wanted to be funny I'd say "just ask the dealer"....
:D but sad that we can't depend on the dealer knowledge at this time. Maybe, that will change by the time I get my car. But thanks to people here, I will be prepared for the day.

OP
OP
SAVAGE

SAVAGE

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
2/3 12:45 PM CST Ford Options Update

Well I just got a call from the finance manager. According to him, he has spoken with 5 other dealers and eventually the Ford rep and apparently I am the first one attempting to apply for the Ford Options plan. ?‍♂ They "think" they have the plan "figured out" but the Ford system isn't showing the 2.25% APR. Apparently it has to be escalated to Ford Finance/IT. ?‍♂

It is somewhat fun and sad that I am well qualified, have my deposit in hand and the car is there but they can't figure out the program. I would highly encourage anyone wanting to go with the Options plan to reach out to the dealer ahead of time.

BTW, apparently the $1,000 bonus cash for the Options plan isn't showing in the system either.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Well I just got a call from the finance manager. According to him, he has spoken with 5 other dealers and eventually the Ford rep and apparently I am the first one attempting to apply for the Ford Options plan. ?‍♂ They "think" they have the plan "figured out" but the Ford system isn't showing the 2.25% APR. Apparently it has to be escalated to Ford Finance/IT. ?‍♂

It is somewhat fun and sad that I am well qualified, have my deposit in hand and the car is there but they can't figure out the program. I would highly encourage anyone wanting to go with the Options plan to reach out to the dealer ahead of time.

BTW, apparently the $1,000 bonus cash for the Options plan isn't showing in the system either.
@hybrid2bev seems to have purchased his Mach-E using Options, so Ford Credit must have the info there already... Not sure if different dealers connect up to different systems with Ford, I wouldn't imagine so.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
And it has been delayed to 3/18-3/24. Still in Mexico according to the dealer. Just sitting around, drinking some margaritas and working on the pre-PPF tan.

The VIN is 3FMTK3SU9MMA10372 if you want to track it but what the dealer told me does not match with the Ford Tracker or the tracker on this forum.
Where is the Xpel place? I'm supposed to get my car between Feb 28th and Mar 6th so maybe I can help?

cassmoney0523

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo S90, 2018 MB GLC300
Occupation
physician
Country flag
all is good. it was ignorance not malice. 1st mach-e they got in stock. no adm.

dealership did a crash course on ford options and are getting it done (finance guy doing the final clicks now).

they thanked me for teaching them about the california clean fuel rewards $1500 rebate and the $100 co-pilot discount.

x-plan was not a problem.

i’m driving it home tonight!

3E289C25-7BAD-4080-AC35-185C066C1E8D.jpeg

2BE84E30-3F82-4DC5-BF69-7602AB35E6EE.jpeg
looks good in black. congrats.

Maybe just the picture, hopefully those aren't swirl marks. Dealerships have no business washing cars. I plan on asking them to withhold the wash during prep and take it to my detailer so I don't have to ask for paint correction on top of the detail.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
that's a good plan (re: skipping the dealership wash).

i've had 3 black cars now, i'm over having a perfect finish. i mean, i still avoid commercial car washes and hand wash my cars, with clay and polish a couple times a year. i like having a clean car.

but none of my normal friends notice and the car enthusiasts are polite enough not to mention anything whether it's dirty or has swirls. so i don't even let it bother me anymore....too much going on in my life and world to fixate on it... especially this go around where i'm returning it in 3 years :)

looks good in black. congrats.

Maybe just the picture, hopefully those aren't swirl marks. Dealerships have no business washing cars. I plan on asking them to withhold the wash during prep and take it to my detailer so I don't have to ask for paint correction on top of the detail.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
@hybrid2bev seems to have purchased his Mach-E using Options, so Ford Credit must have the info there already... Not sure if different dealers connect up to different systems with Ford, I wouldn't imagine so.
Yeah I did do 48 month Options. I put the info in post #3 of this thread.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ford-options-ugh.3075/post-96820

My experience was that the application and eContract part with FMCC was just fine. It's not really that different than a normal retail contract. What my dealer had problems with was their internal system and getting that to align with the contract figures. In the end they just did a couple forms manually and I'm on my way.

cassmoney0523

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo S90, 2018 MB GLC300
Occupation
physician
Country flag
that's a good plan (re: skipping the dealership wash).

i've had 3 black cars now, i'm over having a perfect finish. i mean, i still avoid commercial car washes and hand wash my cars, with clay and polish a couple times a year. i like having a clean car.

but none of my normal friends notice and the car enthusiasts are polite enough not to mention anything whether it's dirty or has swirls. so i don't even let it bother me anymore....too much going on in my life and world to fixate on it... especially this go around where i'm returning it in 3 years :)
good point. I have had too many cars negatively affected by poor dealer washes, thus it makes me wince when I see it. I am crossing my fingers for you, hoping only a lighting effect. apologies if it came off as impolite.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag

Oh the joys of being FIRST! Congrats and then not congrats. But they will get this sorted.

FYI Options is based on a financing plan used in states which recognized lessor vicarious liability, so Options will be completely new to financing people who aren't in those states or younger people who have never had to deal with anything like it.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Sorry to OT this Options/Dealer thread... I'm hoping my dealer can manage the first and only cleaning they will do so I can inspect it for problems before bringing home. Had one black car in my life, always amazing when clean, but so difficult to keep that way.

I've used this stuff to remove imperfections and swirls, there are others: https://www.zymol.com/HD-cleanse.aspx

good point. I have had too many cars negatively affected by poor dealer washes, thus it makes me wince when I see it. I am crossing my fingers for you, hoping only a lighting effect. apologies if it came off as impolite.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag

Any luck? If not, hopefully tomorrow is the day!
Sponsored