sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Damn, you guys are fast. I came here to post the same thing haha. I'm certain we all got the same notification.

It also confirms a Spring OTA update. That's only slightly vague.

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
CEO and Founder of Parking Heaven
Country flag
If this fix takes months to solve it will give me my answer on which car to get, Model Y being my decision. I don't want to be the beta tester/guinea pig.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
If this fix takes months to solve it will give me my answer on which car to get, Model Y being my decision. I don't want to be the beta tester/guinea pig.
just to make sure we're all talking the same thing here, this thread is about Android Auto, which no Tesla vehicle supports at all.

now, if the argument is, Ford is reacting too slow or whatever, that's different, but since we already know the fix is coming (both Google and Ford have confirmed it, and it's already been tested through sideloading), I don't think that really applies here, either.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
OP
OP
kgautam28

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
The issue is only if you want to connect wirelessly, if you do a cable connect, its perfect. I guess, flying roofs, windows, water in bumpers, lower actual EPA is not really a big problem at all then.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
The issue is only if you want to connect wirelessly, if you do a cable connect, its perfect. I guess, flying roofs, windows, water in bumpers, lower actual EPA is not really a big problem at all then.
Connecting with a cable causes a reboot of the phone. The fix will correct that and the wireless connection. I confirmed both issues last week with the test Mach-E I had. I was able to get it working using a workaround, but the updated version should take care of both.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
But beta testing a hardware platform is Tesla's entire business model....

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
just to make sure we're all talking the same thing here, this thread is about Android Auto, which no Tesla vehicle supports at all.

now, if the argument is, Ford is reacting too slow or whatever, that's different, but since we already know the fix is coming (both Google and Ford have confirmed it, and it's already been tested through sideloading), I don't think that really applies here, either.
Ford reacting too slowly? Like the engineers looking into my dead LVB on Sunday and working all day on a holiday Monday?

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My reason not to get the Model Y or any other Tesla hasn't changed. I don't trust Tesla to treat customers right. How many years has Tesla stated the FSD will be coming next year or at the end of this year? Since before the Model 3? I just watched a video of a cop pulling over an empty Tesla that a YouTuber was filming while performing a Summon command. It didn't stop at a stop sign in a parking lot. The attempt before that, the car was on the wrong side of the road and headed towards an oncoming car - could have been a head on collision. Talk about beta testing. This command has been active for about 2 years and still has problems. Good luck!!!

Actually, I do wish you the best in whatever vehicle you buy. I'm just not convinced a Tesla is the better option.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
You are so ridiculous. You know what vehicle you're getting -- if in fact you're getting one. Spare us.
Sponsored

Last edited: