GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Can't even imagine what Ford Streaming is. Haven't charged the MME anywhere but at home. 200+ miles gets me 90% of my travels. For longer, it's the ICE pickup. Alexa is mainly used at home for timing spaghetti. Ford Nav? I have to pay for Nav? Not just map updates? Looks like my last Ford, but at 77, it's just another item for my LAST List (dog, refrigerator, etc).
To be clear, we don’t know if / what we have to pay for Nav. But it is a subscription based feature that is complementary for 3 years.
Sponsored

PA-Fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well we knew it was coming after that survey I did the other day looks like they are trying to find a price point. None of the ones they presented to me felt right to me. Some of them were insane in my opinion. I think they are also trying to come up with a one time all in price. They were asking about adding it in to your monthly payment all kinds of things...

If they did an All in and you could transfer it to a new Vehicle then they would have people kind of stuck with Ford... That didn't seem like an option though.
trying to come up with a price? They have priced it. If you look into building a new MME, you can purchase Ford Blue Cruise 1.2 for a three year license for $1,200. If you do not select that, you get a one month subscription.

they are not deciding what to do. It’s done.

RRM_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GT, 19 Bullitt, 07 Mustang GT
Country flag
Now I’m feeling even better for ordering our 2019 GT without the Blues Clues hardware. Saved money upfront and new I’d never have to worry about what the monthly cost would be. Too bad they install the hardware on all cars now. Wish I could have done the same with satellite radio. At least we still have AM.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
My car does not have the BC hardware, and I don't want it. I would absolutely hate the face nanny. I don't mind the steering wheel nanny so much, but I am so glad the car doesn't fuss at me when I look at my beautiful wife or change the radio station. I am definitely not paying more for something so annoying to me.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
What I find interesting is you normally conduct a survey to take the pulse of your market and adjust based on the outcome. Here Ford did a survey and from I can determine caused an uproar. It appears the pricing was done deal, so why do a survey and ignore the results?

LanceL218

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ldlnet.net
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E California Route 1 Edition
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Guess I better start saving. I like that hands free driving on the interstate!

It's the way of the modern age, subscription based features.. :confused:

Let me know when the hacking thread comes out to bypass the subscription code to unlock all the features. I'll be waiting!

LOL!!

I think this deserves it's own new topic. Ford has decided to apply the 2023.5 BlueCruise pricing scheme to everyone (2021-2023's) seeking a renewal after their initial 3-year subscription expires. Source is this post in another topic:

BlueCruise New Price.png

As stated, things work a little differently for Job 1 2021 Mach-E's, which weren't delivered with functional BlueCruise. I believe they got a free 1-year trial starting when the feature was installed, and will have an opportunity to buy an additional 3 years for $600 to provide parity before the price goes up to $800/yr for subsequent renewals.

Obviously this is a huge increase from the previously stated $200/yr subscription rate. Everyone I've talked to is angry about this and no one wants to renew at that price (I agree). Ford likely feels the positive reviews of BlueCruise 1.2 in Consumer Reports and other media outlets (such as @OutofSpecKyle Hogback challenge) warrants a huge price increase to rival Tesla Enhanced Autopilot. I don't think it's worth anywhere close to $800/yr, BlueCruise 1.2 still has issues, constant dropouts on curves, very limited coverage, and uses outdated hardware (EyeQ4) designed in 2015. It is much less sophisticated than Tesla Enhanced Autopilot, which has many times more processing power and can automatically change lanes with no user input, take interchanges, and merge onto freeways.

I think an increase from $200/yr to $250/yr for BlueCruise 1.2 would be fair and reasonable, $800/yr is way too much for a Level 2 ADAS. Most people do not want to pay more than $20/month for it.

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
When will they admit the typo? This uproar must all be about a misplaced decimal.

The real price must be $7 per month or $80 a year -- otherwise the BC cost would be higher thn most people's monthly charging cost! No one could think that'd be accepted by consumers!

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m not sure I understand what you are upset about. We Job 1 21s clearly got the best deal. We’ve now received BC for free, from whenever you got it OTA or installed by dealer, through the end of this year. That’s roughly 18mos free. And then we can renew for 3 years for $600 total. Nobody else is even getting close to this deal.
I have not received a completed BC install on my 2021 Job 1, including an attempt by the dealer. And, now, with the last FORDPASS update, I have lost PAAK that worked great for over 2 years and now does not work at all, even after a reinstall. The good thing is that my GOM range has increased recently to over 300 miles! 2 more years left on my 4 year FORD financing. Then I will decide whether to sell my CA Rt 1 back to Ford, sell to someone else, or keep my MUST ENG (special plate, since I am an engineer). OR, perhaps I will consider a 2025 GT to drive me into retirement? Certainly will not subscribe to BC for $800 per year....

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I have not received a completed BC install on my 2021 Job 1, including an attempt by the dealer.
There are a few 2021 owners, including you, who still don’t have BC installed. And Ford definitely didn’t make this easy. The OTA rollout was a mess, and even some dealerships had trouble pushing the update manually.

But at some point it’s on the owner to have gotten this done in the past year, or else not complain about it (and I’m not sure that you even are complaining about it).

It isn’t always easy, but Ford generally helps those who help themselves. (Except in the case of folks waiting on a remote frunk release or disabling the interior motion sensors.)

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There are a few 2021 owners, including you, who still don’t have BC installed. And Ford definitely didn’t make this easy. The OTA rollout was a mess, and even some dealerships had trouble pushing the update manually.

But at some point it’s on the owner to have gotten this done in the past year, or else not complain about it (and I’m not sure that you even are complaining about it).

It isn’t always easy, but Ford generally helps those who help themselves. (Except in the case of folks waiting on a remote frunk release or disabling the interior motion sensors.)
You are correct, @Mirak. My post was not a complaint, merely statements of fact, and affirmation that I would not be paying $800 per year. After 3 attempts to install BC, I finally realized that I was happy enough with the blue bubble, and further effort was not worthwhile to me, which makes my choice not to pay anything for a subscription rather easy. 2 months ago, we bought my wife her retirement car, probably the last car she will own (expecting it to easily last 15 to 20 years). BMW iX with lane keeping, auto lane change, auto parking, massage/ventilated/heated seats, silent and luxurious 360 mile range (EPA rated at 320). Although a big, heavy SUV, it has plenty of power for quick 65 to 85 mph passing uphill. Floaty air suspension on both axles with the magical ability to make potholes disappear. Great for long trips with 2 years of "free" charging at EA. I average 3.5 mi/kWh on my Mach E, 3.2 mi/kWh on the BMW - very pleased. Thanks, also, @Mirak for your last comment. I will renew my efforts to restore my PAAK.

Last edited:

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
I really like Blue Cruise, and find that it works well for long stretches at a time. It also seems to make long drives less fatiguing.

That said, there's not a chance in hell that I'd pay $800 per year for it. That's insanity. Even at $600 for 3 years, I was preparing to say farewell to it when my initial three years are up.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
From Ford's Investor Day re: Blue Cruise:

"Ford for the 2024 model-year expects to build 500,000 vehicles equipped with the hands-free technology. At an expected take rate of 20%, Field said BlueCruise alone could amount to $200 million in revenue."

Clearly they expect *some* of us to buy-in. Not me though...
Sponsored