Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
This is pretty much the most important factor for me. I have 2 little kids in car seats and if the car is too cramped back there then its pointless for me to buy.

Yes, all the other features in this car are fantastic. However, if it doesn't fit my lifestyle then there will probably be +1 Mach-E sitting at the dealer when I am done looking at it.

Top three things for me when it comes to buying a vehicle, and not just a "toy", are:

1. Price
2. Space for the family
3. Safety from impacts (crash tests)
4. Efficiency/economy/cost of ownership
5. Features

A lot of people on this forum are head over heels for this thing, but many seem to be wanting this for more frivolous reasons. If you were REALLY trying to save money, you wouldn't be buying a car thats over 45k in the first place. You best be checking those used car lots for a hybrid Prius, lol.
My wife has been a big stickler on the size issue with our kids. So part of the reason I'm happy to wait on the GT is that we will surely get to see and test drive a Mach E before having to order it.

I like your 5 reasons listed. I'd probably swap out the word Price for Value... just to make the distinction that sometimes Price alone doesn't say enough about the 'cost' of the car. So I would lump #1 and #4 on your list together under Value.
Sponsored

Psipunk

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150, 2015 GMC Terrain
Country flag
My wife has been a big stickler on the size issue with our kids. So part of the reason I'm happy to wait on the GT is that we will surely get to see and test drive a Mach E before having to order it.

I like your 5 reasons listed. I'd probably swap out the word Price for Value... just to make the distinction that sometimes Price alone doesn't say enough about the 'cost' of the car. So I would lump #1 and #4 on your list together under Value.
I would agree with that statement.

I tend to find on cars that sometimes the middle range is the best value for the money. Other times, the "top trim" is the best. It strongly depends on the manufacturer, though.

Like on Hyundai the Limited Santa Fe, for example, is pretty much a no brainer even though it costs more than lower trims because its not THAT much more expensive and you are getting a heck of a lot for that additional money.

In my opinion, Ford is so-so on the trim-to-value ratio. You can literally customize EVERYTHING, where as with Hyundai its greatly simplified. However, on Ford that basically means everything is extra and the base trims are VERY base.... like manual windows lol.

We have two vehicles in our home: my wife's 2015 GMC Terrain and my 2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew cab. For me, the value proposition of the Mach-E revolves on a few different variables.

The $7,500 tax credit, my Ford F-150 gets 16 mpg and costs $70+ dollars a week to fill up, and I mostly do city driving with occassional highway no more than 150 miles a day. Usually I only drive like 20 miles a day because I work from home. Pair that with my in-home cost of electricity of only $.09 per kWh, for 100 kWhs thats only $9.00. Waaaayyy cheaper than the truck.

Basically, my truck will be parked until I need it for heavy duty work (moving furniture, remodeling work, dump runs, etc) and will go on a low mileage insurance plan.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm wondering about the width still. We've got 3 kids. 2 still need to be in car seat/booster. Those darn things take up so much room. I like that the back seats are a flat bench in the Mach E. Our current car pushes the car seat away from the door 6+ inches because of the seat shape. Any idea how the width compared to the Edge inside? I haven't looked through this entire thread to see if this was asked/answered.
Seen a few videos (one was Ken Block's) with 3 adults in the back. Looked tight. The person in the middle had to lean forward a bit so shoulders weren't jammed together.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Seen a few videos (one was Ken Block's) with 3 adults in the back. Looked tight. The person in the middle had to lean forward a bit so shoulders weren't jammed together.
There's a pandemic going on. Socially distance from some friends. ;)
Sponsored