Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Due to the Global Gerbil and Hamster Shortages, we had to go with Guinea pigs.

They do wonders for the mi/kWh!
Yeah, but you have to enlarge the drain hole in the frunk to handle Guinea pig flow-through. Bypassing the positron accelerator is going to trip the 5 second flux capacitor shutdown, too, so you're going to lose some efficiency there.

Better to stick with the hamster's power density. Unless you can get hairless rats - the cooling savings are huge.

/too far?

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I’m going with the dealer used premium electrons when charging it back up.
ooh, I like that one. "Premium electrons" is pretty good. There's an e85 joke in there somewhere, too.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Yeah, but you have to enlarge the drain hole in the frunk to handle Guinea pig flow-through. Bypassing the positron accelerator is going to trip the 5 second flux capacitor shutdown, too, so you're going to lose some efficiency there.

Better to stick with the hamster's power density. Unless you can get hairless rats - the cooling savings are huge.

/too far?
What’s the anticipated range with the rats and the distance between rat replenishment stations?

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
What’s the anticipated range with the rats and the distance between rat replenishment stations?
In the more built-up areas like around state capitols and DC, you're never very far away from a fresh pack of rats. A fair number are hairless, a lot of them are balding...

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
There's no updates available for the MME which increase range (as of 06/06/22).
@rodbin you actually might be on to something. A couple of us are trying to determine why we experienced a 30ish mile increase. The problem is that we performed updates and we are all in EAP. So we don't know if this is the botched rollout of intelligent range or as a result of updating through FDRS.

I'm in 105 degree weather so that's too hot for optimal range.

There might be something here, we just don't know why. Since I'm all for being proven wrong, I'm encouraging further discourse around this.

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Jaguar Triumph Mini
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
@rodbin you actually might be on to something. A couple of us are trying to determine why we experienced a 30ish mile increase. The problem is that we performed updates and we are all in EAP. So we don't know if this is the botched rollout of intelligent range or as a result of updating through FDRS.

I'm in 105 degree weather so that's too hot for optimal range.

There might be something here, we just don't know why. Since I'm all for being proven wrong, I'm encouraging further discourse around this.
I have had a reply from the ford dealer's expert on the Mach e but it was just the general stuff and did not deal with the fact that the GOM was wrong by 33 miles on a 78 mile journey, whatever the stuff about changing driving conditions etc that is far from acceptable

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I’m wrong, bad assumption. Last time I was in UK I was too young to drive. Things were being changed to the decimal system.
Just for those outside the UK, we went to decimal currency in February 1971 and finally got rid of pounds shillings and pence. However we drive in miles and fill up fuel in litres. I doubt that we will revert back to (imperial not U.S. gallons) as the true cost of fuel per gallon will be apparent and Big Oil wouldn't want that.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sorry to burst your bubble.

There's no updates available for the MME which increase range (as of 06/06/22).
How about today any change?

kidding of course

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford is testing "intelligent range" to some Early Access members. I got an email on 5/24 that I had received it. Was leaving on the return trip home, so timing was perfect. Noticed no difference. Got an email on 6/9 that the enablement of the feature wasn't successful on any vehicle, so they will try again "in the coming days".
Sponsored