Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So your car that was built 12 days later is still expected at your dealer mid Feb? 5 days seems really good from my viewpoint ;)
Oh I'm thrilled to only be pushed back 5 days. I only hope it holds!
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, wishing you good luck, you did have an FE after all, and also hoping that plate bracket isn't installed too. Looks like yours was shipped 2 days after mine.

Oh I'm thrilled to only be pushed back 5 days. I only hope it holds!

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Why is it no one in Europe is chiming in on this ? They got many
dealer demos delivered. Will they ship them back to Mexico
for their repairs ?:p

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Speculation running wild, oooh let me try:

1. Aliens like the Mach E and stole the first batch of vehicles, forcing Ford to scramble and make more for those customers first in line.

2. Ford is secretly giving out an award for the customer that waited the longest to take delivery. This current ploy will surely speed up the process of declaring a winner if many people cancel.

3. Ford really only wants Mach E owners who also own other vintage Ford vehicles. If any of you go out and purchase a 1960’s-70’s Ford and promise to include it in photos when you take delivery, your Mach E will magically show up at the dealership tomorrow, camera crew and media included. ?

4. There were really only 15 Mach E’s made because that’s all the batteries Ford could find. Ford is creating a Hunger Games situation where all of us forum members will slowly turn on each other and fight to the death, while all the Ford employees watch and place bets.

5. Ford decided late last night that instead of mass producing Mach E’s that they want to sell 100 of them as collectors items. In a few days the auction will start, with the new starting price of $250,000

Wild speculation is actually quite fun! ?
There’s actually another thread for this.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/whats-the-reason-for-the-delay.2800/

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

JohnSernyk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford CMax Energi
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
When did it ship, Mark? Was it in that group that went out last week of December?
My First edition build completed on January 12 and shipped on January 13. The estimated delivery date to my dealer in Indiana is February 2. Just checked order status and still has the same ETA.

My build had originally been scheduled to start the week of December 14 but that was delayed and it didn't go into production until January 5.

Now I am dreading getting an email from Ford about a delay.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
My First edition build completed on January 12 and shipped on January 13. The estimated delivery date to my dealer in Indiana is February 2. Just checked order status and still has the same ETA.

My build had originally been scheduled to start the week of December 14 but that was delayed and it didn't go into production until January 5.

Now I am dreading getting an email from Ford about a delay.
Mostly speculation but I think you're in the clear

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
TBH, this whole thing makes me feel a lot better about the Mach-e. It was inevitable that not just a new model, but Ford's first ground up BEV would have some early issues. Massive respect to Ford for the way they are handling it. Some may be disappointed, but it's just part of being an early adopter.

I know everyone wants to know what the issue is, but is it really important? Maybe in a Mach-e documentary. But seriously, how many problems have they had and solved designing and building this car? Do consumers need a briefing on every engineering challenge? Think about it: what's Ford's upside in detailing what went wrong? Zip. It would just give detractors something to whine about. What's important is that Ford is going all out to fix the issue. If they fix it before you ever get the car, what does it matter what it was?

Two big thumbs up to Ford's handling this. I guess it's easy for me to say because I'm waiting to see the GT. But still.... The odds that I'll buy a Mach-e GT just increased significantly.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hey. I'll be one happy camper if I get mine after the delay without the front license plate bracket. ;)

Sent the wife to Costco to get the big box of popcorn just now. Think I'm going to need to read all of today's forum news. Hell, we already just got pizza. Ok ready let's open the hellraisers box.
Sponsored