Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
So I want background app checked correct??

It is not optimized.
Yes you want it to be unrestricted. Make sure you go into your location permissions and give FP always access to location. Also uncheck the box to allow removal of permissions.
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
There's another issue on top of this -- I've tried it unoptimized and optimized. I've experienced the same battery drain issues as you, OP, since the app update from around May of this year.
The eventual solution for me came in the form of the Dealership PaaK recall update for me (which is supposed to come OTA eventually). Somehow, that solved my battery drain issue.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Yes you want it to be unrestricted. Make sure you go into your location permissions and give FP always access to location. Also uncheck the box to allow removal of permissions.
It was set for always and I unchecked the box.

See what happens, thanks.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
The last several versions of FP app have been night and day better for me battery use wise on my Pixel 5. I leave it running 24x7 and it might use 1-2% battery each day. Maybe once every couple of weeks FP goes crazy and starts draining my battery significantly, but that hasn't happened in a while so it may have been fixed. I leave battery optimization on, and the PaaK service runs in the background as a persistent notification.

Assuming @Thor2j haven't tried already, you might want to clear the app cache (or just reinstall it). Can you confirm you're using the current version?

Not to get into an Android/Apple thing (but I will ;)), but it is pretty ignorant to blame the platform (Android) for issues with an app created by a 3rd party (Ford). That logic is equivalent saying, the reason for a poorly built house is because of a bad hammer, instead of looking at the builder. There are literally millions of apps on the Google Play Store. If Android was as bad as ignorant people say it is, it wouldn't be the most popular OS in the world.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Must resist...... urges.....
Sponsored