Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Fordpass is connected and shows such on my phone and in Connected services on my computer. However when I pulled up to an Electrify America station it would not recognize my MME. Called EA and they could not get it to work. They finally over rode their station and allowed me to charge, at no cost (not using plug and charge). I called Ford and was jockeyed to four different departments and was finally told to try my dealership. I am REALLY frustrated at this point. Anybody have any ideas?
Sponsored

KennyCaphill

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Edition AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
My Fordpass is connected and shows such on my phone and in Connected services on my computer. However when I pulled up to an Electrify America station it would not recognize my MME. Called EA and they could not get it to work. They finally over rode their station and allowed me to charge, at no cost (not using plug and charge). I called Ford and was jockeyed to four different departments and was finally told to try my dealership. I am REALLY frustrated at this point. Anybody have any ideas?

Plug and Charge is a joke right now. Ran into a similar situation.

The workaround, at least for me, is to find the EV Charging station you're near in FordPass and activate the station through there instead of using Plug and Charge. That seems to be the most reliable method I've been able to use.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Did you activate plug and charge in the FordPass app on your phone first? I haven't even been able to get it turned on in my app. Still waiting for Ford on that.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
There are some old EA stalls that are having issues with MME. Maybe they need a firmware update. Either way, I would recommend using the EA app to activate the charging session. You get more information/feedback from their app than from the plug and charge.

Gold luck with the dealer

OP
OP

Joelalt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you activate plug and charge in the FordPass app on your phone first? I haven't even been able to get it turned on in my app. Still waiting for Ford on that.
Yes, Plug and charge says it's active on my phone.
Try Ford.com/connectedservices
Although Ford has Chrome as their preferred browser, it didn't work on my computer, however, it did work with the Edge browser. I was able to log in and install plug and charge. It just doesn't seem to work at the EA charging station.

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
I admit my first attempt with P&C wasn't horrible (also my first DCFC experience FWIW). The first station I tried would not recognize the car, but it also wouldn't recognize my EA membership either. My guess was that the station was offline. I moved to a second charger, and P&C worked fine. Even greeted me with "Welcome MUSTANG MACH-E driver", or something similar to that. I guess I should be thankful I wasn't driving my Leaf at the time. The charger that was being uncooperative was also the only ChaDeMo station at the location.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
There are some old EA stalls that are having issues with MME. Maybe they need a firmware update. Either way, I would recommend using the EA app to activate the charging session. You get more information/feedback from their app than from the plug and charge.

Gold luck with the dealer
I agree. I used EA twice. The first time was in early March upstate NY it looked like it was processing only to have an error. Since I was familiar with this from this forum, I tried other stalls. No luck even after call the EA rep. The best solution was to locate the station in FordPass and activate it. It worked.

Fast forward to last weekend in NYC. I was prepared to use FordPass to activate, but I wanted to test the plug and charge since it was a EA station. It worked flawlesslly and I posted to share my experience. It seems that it may be a firmware issue and perhaps EA should update all of their stations and Ford should work with EA to resolve.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Initially, P&C wasn't working for me. However, once I worked with Ford and we determined what was needed to fully activate it on the phone and my Mach E, it worked like a champ at all but one station I tried in S. Florida. That one station just wouldn't work on P&C. However, using the other stations around I burned through that first 250kWh of P&C in no time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Initially, P&C wasn't working for me. However, once I worked with Ford and we determined what was needed to fully activate it on the phone and my Mach E, it worked like a champ at all but one station I tried in S. Florida. That one station just wouldn't work on P&C. However, using the other stations around I burned through that first 250kWh of P&C in no time.
Here's what I did to set up P&C
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/my-travels-with-marlin-gb-fe-delivered.3298/post-122342

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
You have to activate in your ford.com account first, THEN FordPass app. It can take 2 hours to 2 days for initial activation to circulate from Ford to EA stations unless you activate the specific station you try first.

if this fails, shoot an email to Matt Stover mstover6_at_ford.com and he may set you up with a rep that can walk you thru it. They are aware of delays, and are working on it.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Fordpass Plug and Charge worked flawlessly for me last weekend. I hooked up to the 150 and waited maybe 2 minutes, then it started charging.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Plug and Charge 1622231658114

Me
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass Plug and Charge 1622231702098

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Fordpass Plug and Charge worked flawlessly for me last weekend. I hooked up to the 150 and waited maybe 2 minutes, then it started charging.

Me
Just had my first road charging experience at the Love’s Truck stop EA. ( hwy 27 & I-4 ) Failed to charge with the 350 plug, then moved to a 150 and successfully charged!

OP
OP

Joelalt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Me
Ditto for me. Took our first road trip last weekend and Plug and Charge at Electrify America stations worked perfectly. It took a while last month to get properly enrolled but am very satisfied now.

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
I ran into the same issue a day ago with charge point. I did plug and charge also. Ford pass app failed to show the one I new was in network, but would show up on my screen in car. The station unlocked, I plugged it in and charge failed. I also was frustrated for about 20 minutes. I almost gave up. I bypassed plug and charge, went thru the map icon instead and the station showed up there. There are more steps going this route. Plug and charge is supposed to be easier. Tried to call also, forget that route! I finally after 20 minutes was able to charge.
Sponsored