cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
That was happening to me a lot on my Android phone, but not always... I submitted a complaint about it via an app store review. An update was published to the store on 6/17... Sometime before or after that point, I noticed that mine hasn't been crashing when I try to view the About page anymore.

Keep trying... When this problem was happening to me, it would successfully show the About page maybe 1 out of 20 times. :( Between attempts, I had to toggle my phone's Bluetooth off and back on in order to get another pairing attempt to the station to work.
Thanks. I am probably over 20 attempts so I will let it sleep on it and try again tomorrow ?
Sponsored

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
You do not have to use the Ford EVSE, It's standard SAE J1772 with CCS for fast charging.

The Mach-e will charge at 48A but you do not have to charge it at that rate. You can pair or set an EVSE for the capability of the circuit it is wired to. A 60A line is really heavy, gauge 6. Not handy by any means.

Your car would charge at about 28 miles per hour on a 40A EVSE. If you drive 100 miles per day and charge daily it will take 3.5 hours to replace the charge at 40A. In my area it is difficult to get them to go more than a 50A circuit ( 40A EVSE ) because they don't want to muscle a 6 gauge line. The price would be more for that.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=evse+level+2+charger&crid=6PRAFAQ0AYXG&sprefix=EVSE,aps,220&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_4

I have Clipper Creek EVSE.
Just finished wiring 6AWG THHN in conduit for my 60A run, which was not bad at all. Still need to complete the circuit at the panel, but I’m not in a hurry, since my MME isn’t even scheduled for production just yet.

C2D69367-7A4E-4A92-94BB-5DE9F93C626F.jpeg

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
So from the sounds of it, the charge logs keep recording whether there's wifi or not. You just need wifi active when you want to download the logs (probably monthly), right?

I assume another key part for the OP is whether the log data contains a vehicle ID of some sort within each charge record, so they can separate the billing out per resident. Is that part of the logs?
I don't think it can separate charge logs by car. If you install it outside (it is weather sealed) and want to limit charging to only authorized users, there is a feature to add authorized users. You put it in a mode where it is "locked" (not physically locked ... it just wont start charging) and authorized users put an app on their phones to "unlock" the charger when they want to use it.

I haven't done this with mine since I only have one car and it's inside the garage. But I suspect you'll just see the total amount of power used by the charger ... regardless of which car was connected.

There are companies that make EVSE's meant for shared use in settings such as condos or apartments where each authorized user gets their own bill... but those seem to work based on who activated the charger (they don't use plug & charge technology to ID the car when it is plugged in.).

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Just finished wiring 6AWG THHN in conduit for my 60A run.
A few genuinely honest questions, because I'm looking to use the exact same EVSE and copper as you are.

Doesn't 6 gauge copper only provide a 55 amp circuit? Since you've got four conductors in that conduit doesn't that derate the circuit to lower than 55 amps? Wouldn't the 20% rule have the EVSE outputting 40 amps?

To get the EVSE to output 48 or 50 amps, wouldn't you need to upgrade to 4 gauge copper, which provides a 70 amp circuit?

https://www.southwire.com/wire-cable/building-wire/simpull-thhn-copper-wire/p/BW1

Am I missing something? Just trying to understand all this. I will hire an electrician but just like to do my homework first. Thanks.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
A few genuinely honest questions, because I'm looking to use the exact same EVSE and copper as you are.

Doesn't 6 gauge copper only provide a 55 amp circuit? Since you've got four conductors in that conduit doesn't that derate the circuit to lower than 55 amps? Wouldn't the 20% rule have the EVSE outputting 40 amps?

To get the EVSE to output 48 or 50 amps, wouldn't you need to upgrade to 4 gauge copper, which provides a 70 amp circuit?

https://www.southwire.com/wire-cable/building-wire/simpull-thhn-copper-wire/p/BW1

Am I missing something? Just trying to understand all this. I will hire an electrician but just like to do my homework first. Thanks.
It may depend on your local electrical code, but mine indicates that 6AWG THHN inside conduit is sufficient for a 60A circuit. THHN is rated for 90°C, while 6AWG Romex is not.

I included a white wire only to future proof my installation…if I move I’ll be able to remove the ChargePoint and convert the wiring to a 14-50 outlet.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It may depend on your local electrical code, but mine indicates that 6AWG THHN inside conduit is sufficient for a 60A circuit. THHN is rated for 90°C, while 6AWG Romex is not.
A small point of clarification: While THHN-2 is indeed rated for 90C, it must be used at its 75C ampacity. Even at 75C, it's still good for 60A.

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag

I included a white wire only to future proof my installation…if I move I’ll be able to remove the ChargePoint and convert the wiring to a 14-50 outlet.
Awesome - thank you!
Sponsored