David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Picked the car up, same faults. Taking it back Monday and starting the buyback process 💔
Good luck. Read your owners manual to find the best course of action for your state.

Ford will not offer a replacement, however will offer to repurchase the vehicle. Do not allow them to low ball you on the offer. Make sure they are doing the mileage calculation for the buyback on the first day of the reported issue and not where you are now.

ford will also not do anything to help file the claim or obtain the necessary paperwork.

my current offer from ford is for $56,000. I am also submitting all the gas charges and towing fees that I’ve incurred as a result of my vehicle not working.

My car has been sitting at dealership with the camera fault since July 15th and then the HVB fault occurred as well.

for anyone else reading this, the camera issue is never getting fixed. Cut your losses and submit the lemon law paperwork if you are still in the 2 year window.

absolutely ridiculous that ford can’t get this resolved after all this time on any vehicle
Sponsored

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got a call from my Service Advisor, and they will be ready for me to pick up the car tomorrow and drive it for a while after this second visit. So far, they have replaced the IPMA and front camera as well as other parts for other unrelated concerns. They have ordered the front camera harness, but it is backordered, so they will install it when it arrives. Until then, we will drive it through the Thanksgiving holidays while trying to coax it into faulting.
Update: We got the car back on 11/15, so we've had it back almost 2 weeks now. In that time, we have added 950 miles to the odometer, 700 of which were freeway with adaptive cruise active. I did a fair amount of whacking the front of the headliner in the suspect area, but was unable to make it throw a fault. Previously, in that number of miles we would have had the fault somewhere between 2-4 times, but so far there has been no fault. As others have said, I am cautiously optimistic. I do still have the front coax harness on order which they will install this week or next. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you all did too.

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
Update: We got the car back on 11/15, so we've had it back almost 2 weeks now. In that time, we have added 950 miles to the odometer, 700 of which were freeway with adaptive cruise active. I did a fair amount of whacking the front of the headliner in the suspect area, but was unable to make it throw a fault. Previously, in that number of miles we would have had the fault somewhere between 2-4 times, but so far there has been no fault. As others have said, I am cautiously optimistic. I do still have the front coax harness on order which they will install this week or next. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you all did too.
I’m starting to wonder if it’s the b/c the weather is cooler. Someone mentioned that early in the thread about heat triggering the fault more often. I’m praying that’s not it because I don’t want to deal with this next summer

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Got my car back also (third time at dealer). Replaced coax/rewired/replaced camera, even gave me a new windshield. Service manager wanted EVERYTHING replaced.

Only been a few days, so far so good but I've gone up to a week or two without a fault then it comes back. Hope it's finally done as there is truly nothing more that my service manager can do at this point.

Ford also gave me a complimentary extra couple years of their top-tier warranty (I forget the name of it) as compensation for all the lost time.

Haven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT 7-8-21, Flex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got my GT back from the dealer Tuesday and it has been working great. I use my adaptive cruise control all the time on every street, even residential. It helps me keep within the speed limit as my foot doesn’t like to go the speed😎

They had 2 engineers from Dearborn (Ford HQ) come out to fix it. They said there was some missing data that the dealer didn’t have and ford did. I was told they reapplied a software update and input this missing data that the dealer was not aware of. I’ll attach my work order and keep testing it and let everyone know if I have any problems with it or not. I will be going on a trip to Florida after thanksgiving so that will be a good test.

I think the key thing is for everyone to make sure their dealer is engaged with Ford on this fix.
So it’s been almost a month without an issue. I drove the last two days to Florida from Michigan using adaptive cruise and no issues on a long trip. The weather was good though.

I recall someone saying there might be multiple issues. I think mine started with the software release last summer so I don’t think it was a hardware issues.

I will update the group in another 30 days or if an issue happens before that. Will continue to use it every day.

MissBossJenay

First Name
Keyshae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E CR1
Occupation
911 Dispatcher
Country flag
So i dropped my car off to the dealer for the 4th time today for the the same faults. I also started the buy back process today. Hoping to get a resolution from ford in the next week or so. I love my car and I wish it could just be fixed but I’m not hopeful at this point.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Thank you for your concern but I already have a case number open for this.
I spoke with the agent and explained that my warranty was expired so any diagnostic and repair charges would come out of my pocket. The agent did say that Ford would be willing to offer "financial assistance" but stopped short of saying the entire service would be covered.

So, in light of that information.....and the lack of a verified solution path....I will just keep driving with limited functionality. When a verified fix is determined then I'll revisit this concern.
Huh? No Mustang Mach Es should be out of warranty. The vehicle hasn’t been in. customer hands for 3 years. The very first ones were delivered in December 2020. They’ll be coming up on their second birthday shortly.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Huh? No Mustang Mach Es should be out of warranty. The vehicle hasn’t been in. customer hands for 3 years. The very first ones were delivered in December 2020. They’ll be coming up on their second birthday shortly.
The bumper to bumper warranty period is 3 years OR 36,000 miles. Whichever comes first.

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
I’m starting to wonder if it’s the b/c the weather is cooler. Someone mentioned that early in the thread about heat triggering the fault more often. I’m praying that’s not it because I don’t want to deal with this next summer
Doubt this is the case. I live in Miami and started having the issue in October and it has only degraded since then.

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
Curious to hear if anyone in FL has had this issue successfully resolved at a dealer? Willing to drive to wherever that dealer is located. Or any insights on what to tell a dealer when taking the car in.

Plan on taking it in soon since I officially got the Pre-Collision Assist Error after just having poor radar performance for around a month. See attached for error that @Mach-Lee helped me figure out.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Camera Fault & Pre-Collision Assist Not Available Errors Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 1.49.37 PM

rgeade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
I picked my Mach E up two weeks ago (Nov 16th) from the dealer after the 4th repair attempt. I mentioned the coax cable possibility from the forums, but they only did the software reset again. They said they drove it for several days without any issues. The weather here in the Carolinas was cold at that time, and I drove it for 3-4 days after picking it up without any issues, and was really hoping things were fixed for good. I then went out of town for a week and returned to much warmer conditions. Yesterday the car sat outside of my office in the warm (mid 70s) sun, and on my way home the error triggered 5 times. 3 of those 5 coincided with a railroad crossing, a rough patch of road, and an overpass with a rough transition.

It definitely seems to happen much more frequently when the car is warm/hot, and usually when the the vehicle is jostled, not every time though.

I had two more errors fire today, but it hasn't fully disabled yet. I am assuming I'm one error away from it disabling the system again. I'm going to call the dealer and get back on the waitlist for a loaner so we can get started on attempt #5. I'm at 29k miles, so really hoping we get a permanent fix before my warranty expires.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I picked my Mach E up two weeks ago (Nov 16th) from the dealer after the 4th repair attempt. I mentioned the coax cable possibility from the forums, but they only did the software reset again. They said they drove it for several days without any issues. The weather here in the Carolinas was cold at that time, and I drove it for 3-4 days after picking it up without any issues, and was really hoping things were fixed for good. I then went out of town for a week and returned to much warmer conditions. Yesterday the car sat outside of my office in the warm (mid 70s) sun, and on my way home the error triggered 5 times. 3 of those 5 coincided with a railroad crossing, a rough patch of road, and an overpass with a rough transition.

It definitely seems to happen much more frequently when the car is warm/hot, and usually when the the vehicle is jostled, not every time though.

I had two more errors fire today, but it hasn't fully disabled yet. I am assuming I'm one error away from it disabling the system again. I'm going to call the dealer and get back on the waitlist for a loaner so we can get started on attempt #5. I'm at 29k miles, so really hoping we get a permanent fix before my warranty expires.
See if you can trigger it by pressing on the headliner above the driver's visor and around the overhead console. Then let your dealer know that so they believe it's a cable issue.

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
UPDATE: I got my GT back tonight after 8wks at the dealer! Coax cable harness in headliner was successfully replaced last week. EV Tech wanted to road test a few more days before returning back to me. Took it home and used BC for a little bit. No faults! Time and mileage will tell, but Ford and some very dedicated dealer service depts are simply not giving up on this problem! I'll chime back again soon. This is really good news!
Sponsored