Frunk question

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Good morning, all. Does anyone know what I need to ask the dealer about an actual dealer update for the frunk button on my 2021 Mach-E?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If you do want to ask the dealer about doing manual updates, the modules involved are the BCM (Body Control Module) and the GFM (Generic Function Module). A separate routine needs to be run in order to place the release button on the center screen. Additionally, you will need to wait for Ford’s servers and the car to communicate and update the as-built information so that the button is activated in the FordPass app. 😊🐩

However, as The General said, most dealers won’t do this for free. It would be easier and cheaper to just wait for the OTA to come with 6.7.0. 😊🐩

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good morning, all. Does anyone know what I need to ask the dealer about an actual dealer update for the frunk button on my 2021 Mach-E?
I have a job 1 car same as you and just got the update a week or so ago that activated the Frunk button inside the Frunk. Still waiting for it to show up on the Ford screen in the car. It does show on Fordpass and works. It was update 6.7.0 and 6.8.0

OP
OP

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A dealer won’t necessarily apply the updates for free, but they are rolling out now OTA, so you may just want to wait a bit.
Got it. Thank you.

OP
OP

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you do want to ask the dealer about doing manual updates, the modules involved are the BCM (Body Control Module) and the GFM (Generic Function Module). A separate routine needs to be run in order to place the release button on the center screen. Additionally, you will need to wait for Ford’s servers and the car to communicate and update the as-built information so that the button is activated in the FordPass app. 😊🐩

However, as The General said, most dealers won’t do this for free. It would be easier and cheaper to just wait for the OTA to come with 6.7.0. 😊🐩
Got it. Thanks. The service advisor did not know what I was talking about but said he would look into it and would send me the cost. My car is going to be there for three days anyway because they are going to be doing three recalls including HV junction box one.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Total time to program the two modules and run the routine is less than 15 minutes. Probably the dealer will charge one hour of shop time. 🤔🐩
Sponsored