Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I had that same experience, or was it some spilled coolant off-gassing from underneath? Couldn’t decide.
I don’t know, it was some sort of lubricant smell. Frankly it smelled like I imagine the inside of the service garage might. It was fairly strong though it dissipated quickly.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I haven't received any of the gifts yet but hopefully they're working on it.
I may have misunderstood, but I thought you got the gifts at the time of service, from the dealership?

OP
OP

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I may have misunderstood, but I thought you got the gifts at the time of service, from the dealership?
No, I received the thank you card when I picked up my car telling me I will be receiving these items but I have not yet received anything. Fingers crossed they follow through but it's only been a couple of weeks.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I had a positive experience with the 23S56 recall. I called my dealer (Mossy Ford) in the middle of January and they said they could order the part. If I waited until Jan 25 I could get a loaner, which turned out to be a 2023 RWD extended range Premium. Using the map on the app I saw my car sit on the lot until Sunday, go into the shop on Monday, have 9 miles added to the odometer on Wednesday morning, and got a call to pick it up Wednesday afternoon.
Everything and more was done. The HVBJB was replaced with part LK9Z-10C666-C, Customer Satisfaction Programs 22B48 and 23B50 were performed as expected. In addition, 22P31B was performed, replacing rear electronic parking brake connectors. It was also a 10,000 mile service, which included rotating the tires. The car had just been washed and was fully charged when I picked it up.
The total charge was $40 for rotating the tires, which was paid for with Ford Pass Rewards Points. I did get the signed gift card from the dealer that said Ford would give me 30K Points, and send me a mobile phone charger mat and a $50 gift card.
One thing that I would like to mention is that the loaner vehicle was a very nice car with smooth suspension and comfortable seats and excellent range. However, compared with my GTPE, it is not as exciting to drive!

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
I think we’ll all get the gifts from Ford. Not all the dealers have received the cards yet.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I don’t know, it was some sort of lubricant smell. Frankly it smelled like I imagine the inside of the service garage might. It was fairly strong though it dissipated quickly.
Eud de wheel bearing grease.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Brought my ‘21 in for 24-month service plus a couple of other issues. They told me they’d also take care about the junction box recall but they’d have to order the parts. They told me it was labor intensive. That was yesterday. Today they called and said they wouldn’t have the parts until tomorrow and it would be another day beyond that. This is a good-sized dealer that’s sold many MMEs, so you’d thing they’d have these parts on hand. They’re very nice, and they know what they’re doing, but we’re talking 4 days… and isn’t this the same recall they did last year?
HVBJB requires ordering by VIN.

Supposedly, failed cars first, never replaced GTs, AWD, ERs, then already replaced with old part.

I tried to jump the queue by having my dealer be proactive. They ordered the part around 3 weeks ago, and it was not yet in stock 2 days ago...

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
HVBJB requires ordering by VIN.

Supposedly, failed cars first, never replaced GTs, AWD, ERs, then already replaced with old part.

I tried to jump the queue by having my dealer be proactive. They ordered the part around 3 weeks ago, and it was not yet in stock 2 days ago...
There does not seem to be a consistent pattern. and VERY dealer dependent.

Never replaced AWD scheduled on December 26th without having to present the vehicle (it required escalation to the Service Manager after encountering the standard "check for codes/diagnose/"the part is VIN coded" nonsense), and then a review of the recall.

Parts ordered and the work scheduled for the 17th of January. Confirmed parts were in on the 15ht and dropped off on the 17th. Recall complete on the 19th.

No card, no points, no carwash, no pick-up/delivery, no loaner/rental.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
For those that have gotten this done, were there any FordPass alarms or notifications while the work was being done? Initially, I was told 2 days for the repair. But when I dropped it off Thursday morning, the rep gave me a loaner for 5 days (which would give them an extra day over planned, plus the weekend). End of the day Friday now, and not a peep from Fordpass or the dealer.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For those that have gotten this done, were there any FordPass alarms or notifications while the work was being done? Initially, I was told 2 days for the repair. But when I dropped it off Thursday morning, the rep gave me a loaner for 5 days (which would give them an extra day over planned, plus the weekend). End of the day Friday now, and not a peep from Fordpass or the dealer.
My car was in for a week, and I checked it often with Ford Pass while it was there. I never got an alarm or notification. Using maps I was able to watch the car sit on the lot for 4 days and then get moved into the garage for 3 days, as I mentioned in a previous post. During that time the tire pressure was the same as when I brought it in until the last day, when I could not get a reading. On the last day the odometer showed it was driven 9 miles, but then I got a call that my car was ready for pickup. So all the remote items that I checked did not seem to be affected by the recall work or the customer satisfaction updates, nor was there any alarm. I was surprised that I never detected the removal of the battery by checking these parameters in Ford Pass.
Sponsored