Glitches! Glitches! Glitches!

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So here is one I haven't seen listed and curious if anyone else has experienced it. Sometimes when my passenger exits the car, the car will double honk and say no PaaK detected, while my phone hasn't moved from the wireless charger and I'm still in the car with it on. A few days ago it happened, and when my husband got back in the car, it locked up the car and was asking for a backup pass code to drive the car. I had to turn the car off, as it was still completely on the entire time this happened, and then turn it back on. Which my phone never said it disconnected from the car as PaaK the entire time. And for the past couple weeks, I'll get in the car and start it up and start driving and after moving only a few feet, the car will complain no key detected?? Not sure why I'm all of a sudden having the worst problems with PaaK since I got the car a year ago.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So here is one I haven't seen listed and curious if anyone else has experienced it. Sometimes when my passenger exits the car, the car will double honk and say no PaaK detected, while my phone hasn't moved from the wireless charger and I'm still in the car with it on. A few days ago it happened, and when my husband got back in the car, it locked up the car and was asking for a backup pass code to drive the car. I had to turn the car off, as it was still completely on the entire time this happened, and then turn it back on. Which my phone never said it disconnected from the car as PaaK the entire time. And for the past couple weeks, I'll get in the car and start it up and start driving and after moving only a few feet, the car will complain no key detected?? Not sure why I'm all of a sudden having the worst problems with PaaK since I got the car a year ago.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Dealer says they successfully installed CSP 21P22, but my passenger doors will not unlock until I unlock the driver's door.
If you’re using walk up unlock, the only door that will open first is the one with the fob (phone) immediately adjacent to it. The car greets you on approach, but nothing unlocks until that first door is opened. That’s normal.

The way you describe the issue, I’m guessing that the key is in possession of the person at the driver’s door.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got most of those and:
Annoying vibration buzz from console like a cheap old chevy chevette. Back up camera stays on while I'm driving forward. Front camera turns on while parking 50% of the time. Car play turns on/off while driving. Not driving on rural interstate but in the 5th largest metro area in the US.

The best- The car brake checked me while in blue cruise because I didn't put my hands back on the wheel quick enough during the in/out BC on the same road.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For no reason the A/C turns on. I don't have any settings for the temperature it just turns on.

Xenotet

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Ford Focus ST, ‘21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Using Apple CarPlay, if I make a phone call or answer a phone call before playing music from my iPhone the car will change the audio source to the radio (instead of continuing to playback from my iPhone) at a high volume after hanging up. This can be really startling while driving.

MWeber

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Sometimes the voice control function turns on and gives me a list of suggestions (“you can say…”) when I haven’t pushed a button or used a wake word.

One day the backup camera was distorted and the brakes engaged to stop me when there was nothing behind the car.

Turned on the car and got a black screen. Luckily the answer was in forums on how to do a reset.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Alrighty, here we go.
* Occasionally, when my car is locked and i approach the rear hatch with my fob in pocket, I push the button on the hatch to release but it doesn't. I have to unlock the car with the fob and then push the button on the hatch to release. I don't have issues with other doors unlocking when I approach.
* When using navigation, occasionally, the ETA is off by 7 hours. Today's example, it was 4:15pm and the nav estimated a 45min trip. When I tapped go, it showed the ETA as 12:00am.
* When using navigation, occasionally, the next direction/instruction (Left at Lemon St) at the top of the screen disappears. The bar is there, the instruction is gone. This glitch doesn't necessarily happen at the same time as the glitch above.
* Suggested destinations only appear pretty sporadically, but I use my nav to go to work and home from work every weekday. Surprised it doesn't suggest work/home more regularly.
* When plugging in outside of the preferred charging times at home, it may not charge once the preferred charging time starts. (I know there a few posts about this, but I can't seem to figure out how to fix mine)

Edit: added last glitch

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes that is happening to others. I would assume paak is on your husbands phone also? If my wife gets in the car at the same time as me the car will not connect to mine and carplay will be a mess even after it has. She has an android and I have a iphone. Car does not know who is in the driver seat and get confused as to what phone it should be using I think. Ensure his phone app is killed (not running) and see if it helps. Paak works when the app is closed which may still cause problems. He could set his phone so the app does not run in the background and then close it which may help? I just do not let her close until the car is powered on and connected correctly to my phone then she can come out and get in with hers. After that if she exits I do not recall a problem.

With regard to no key detected when you are by yourself. I received that at the beginning but very rare for some time now since the vehicle and app have received updates. Maybe post your VIN Here and see if someone can let you know what updates are available for your car.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yes that is happening to others. I would assume paak is on your husbands phone also? If my wife gets in the car at the same time as me the car will not connect to mine and carplay will be a mess even after it has. She has an android and I have a iphone. Car does not know who is in the driver seat and get confused as to what phone it should be using I think. Ensure his phone app is killed (not running) and see if it helps. Paak works when the app is closed which may still cause problems. He could set his phone so the app does not run in the background and then close it which may help? I just do not let her close until the car is powered on and connected correctly to my phone then she can come out and get in with hers. After that if she exits I do not recall a problem.

With regard to no key detected when you are by yourself. I received that at the beginning but very rare for some time now since the vehicle and app have received updates. Maybe post your VIN Here and see if someone can let you know what updates are available for your car.
So my husband doesn't even have a PaaK set up for his phone, which is even more confusing. And as far as how often the 'No Key Detected' message, shows up probably 9 times out of 10 when I drive the car. It's almost muscle memory at this point to hit the 'ok' on the steering wheel to make it go away.
Sponsored