Got the Ford Streaming update. Now what?

jchen14

First Name
Jacky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
This is true for ios devices because Apple doesn't let you do much with your phone. On Android you have several options with apps like car stream for YouTube or if you want to mirror the entire device screen, you can do that too.
If I have android, I can screen mirror to the infotainment screen?
Sponsored

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
If I have android, I can screen mirror to the infotainment screen?
Yes, for example with Fermata Auto you can watch Youtube, Prime Video or use the browser directly in Android Auto. Or you can screen mirror using AA Mirror or similar apps.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Got the Ford Streaming update. Now what? Immagine

Ford Mustang Mach-E Got the Ford Streaming update. Now what? 2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Got the Ford Streaming update. Now what? 3

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
Yes, for example with Fermata Auto you can watch Youtube, Prime Video or use the browser directly in Android Auto. Or you can screen mirror using AA Mirror or similar apps.

I have Android. How do I do this?

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I have Android. How do I do this?
Search for AAAD (Android Auto Apps Downloader) and install Fermata Auto, start it in Android Auto, use the menu for the browser, Youtube, or browse to your streaming service (i.e. Prime) and use your account. No Netflix anyway.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Search for AAAD (Android Auto Apps Downloader) and install Fermata Auto, start it in Android Auto, use the menu for the browser, Youtube, or browse to your streaming service (i.e. Prime) and use your account. No Netflix anyway.
Keep in mind you won't find aaad in the Android store.

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
If you have a YouTube tv subscription, there is a way to switch the YouTube app into more options and then sign into YouTube tv, which someone mentioned on another thread.
It works amazingly well and then you can watch any show from your library or any live tv channel.

iPhone hotspot with AT&T service was able to hold a decent picture for maybe an hour that I watched, with only a couple of 1-2 sec blips during that time.
Curious, when you say ATT hotspot, do you mean the hotspot shared from your phone? I have also have ATT and can get it to find my phone and enter password, but the car keeps saying it cannot connect. I checked some fine print on the ATT website and it said something about the hotspot can't be used with connected vehicles. Wondering if there is an actual restriction on this that is denying my connection, or they just don't want you to. Or if it is due to my plan. Do you know what ATT plan you have?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Curious, when you say ATT hotspot, do you mean the hotspot shared from your phone? I have also have ATT and can get it to find my phone and enter password, but the car keeps saying it cannot connect. I checked some fine print on the ATT website and it said something about the hotspot can't be used with connected vehicles. Wondering if there is an actual restriction on this that is denying my connection, or they just don't want you to. Or if it is due to my plan. Do you know what ATT plan you have?
Yes, the hotspot shared from the phone.
I have an AT&T 5G unlimited plan that includes hotspot data, it is just the standard plan.

Are you able to use the phone hotspot to connect other devices? We regularly connect the kids wifi-only iPads to my phone hotspot.

The car is just looking for a wifi network that you can supply the password to. There shouldn't be any limitations on what types of device is allowed to connect.

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
Yes, the hotspot shared from the phone.
I have an AT&T 5G unlimited plan that includes hotspot data, it is just the standard plan.

Are you able to use the phone hotspot to connect other devices? We regularly connect the kids wifi-only iPads to my phone hotspot.

The car is just looking for a wifi network that you can supply the password to. There shouldn't be any limitations on what types of device is allowed to connect.
Thanks, yeah I connect to other devices just fine. After reading another post, it appears wireless CarPlay may be the issue. I had to disable both Bluetooth and Wireless App Projection to be able to connect successfully to my phone hotspot. Kind of a pain, but is this what everyone has to do?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Thanks, yeah I connect to other devices just fine. After reading another post, it appears wireless CarPlay may be the issue. I had to disable both Bluetooth and Wireless App Projection to be able to connect successfully to my phone hotspot. Kind of a pain, but is this what everyone has to do?
Yes. I always have wireless app projection disabled because it doesn't work reliably for me. But my bluetooth is enabled and I didn't have to turn it off to join the hotspot.
Sponsored