Grizzl-E Lock?

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Hi All,

I have a Grizzl-E Smart EVSE that just shipped and, looking at the site, I just realized that I did not order the lock adapter for it and it looks like you have to order the lock at the time of EVSE purchase to get it. For anyone who owns a Grizzl-E charger, is there a way to use any other sort of lock with it or do I need to beg the company to let me somehow order the lock, even though the site won't let me?
Sponsored

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi All,

I have a Grizzl-E Smart EVSE that just shipped and, looking at the site, I just realized that I did not order the lock adapter for it and it looks like you have to order the lock at the time of EVSE purchase to get it. For anyone who owns a Grizzl-E charger, is there a way to use any other sort of lock with it or do I need to beg the company to let me somehow order the lock, even though the site won't let me?
Disregard - I answered my question by searching Twitter...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-E Lock? 1621447133671

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I’m not sure of an off the shelf solution…you need a long rod that passes through these holes on both sides:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-E Lock? 1621447139889

However, the screws attaching the charger to this bracket pass through that slot at the top right of this picture…with the right tool, they could still be removed.

One way to lock it, though, would be to lock the actual NEMA 14-50 box. If using the common gray one, it has a hole for a padlock and once secured, the cover cannot be opened…and this will prevent the cable from being unplugged, tethering the charger to the box that way.

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting idea on the locking of the 14-50 NEMA box! I will definitely look at doing that, as well. We are using this at a vacation rental property and I am keeping the charger available for renters to use, if they should happen to have an electric vehicle, but I also want to ensure that people who aren't renting the house do not swing by the house and use it or possibly steal it. Thanks!

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
Hi All,

This trailer hitch coupler lock works perfectly, I wouldn't be surprised if they designed the mount to use a coupler pin.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-E Lock? lock1
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-E Lock? lock2

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
I placed it tight to the disconnect box and put the hairpin in between the two. Yes it was difficult to put the pin in with needle nose pliers and a mirror, but you would have to unlock the disconnect to remove it as well.
Sponsored