GT going in for software updates this morning

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
@DevSecOps ran a vin check for me feb 20th and pulled all updates available. I have a GT (non-PE) so it’s Job 2 with BC but has some minor issues and no charging curve update.

I’m hoping this will resolve most issues! I’ve heard accounts of it taking 45 minutes for these and others saying just one update can take 8 hours. I can’t be without the car so I’m going to be waiting at the dealership fingers crossed. Will update when all is done. Wondering if the updates will push Sync to the newest version as well (with CarPlay EV Charge routing).
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT going in for software updates this morning E29CAB0E-855C-481E-86E1-F8B66F63F0CD
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had the updates done by the dealer last month and it took them about 4 hours to return my car. I don’t suggest waiting for it if that is what you are asking.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Yeah. I paid my dealer to do the charging curve updates. They charged me an hour of shop time.
But since I was away on business and they had rhe car anyway, the tech did all the updates. Took almost 8 hours. So you’re in for a long wait. And a huge bill unless you’ve got a good relationship with your dealer.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
@DevSecOps ran a vin check for me feb 20th and pulled all updates available. I have a GT (non-PE) so it’s Job 2 with BC but has some minor issues and no charging curve update.

I’m hoping this will resolve most issues! I’ve heard accounts of it taking 45 minutes for these and others saying just one update can take 8 hours. I can’t be without the car so I’m going to be waiting at the dealership fingers crossed. Will update when all is done. Wondering if the updates will push Sync to the newest version as well (with CarPlay EV Charge routing).
I did the same thing and it took them about 4 hours. You will definitely get the charge curve update if they do all the updates properly.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Let us know what differences you see!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
How much are dealers charging for updates that aren’t required by Ford?

OP
OP

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m not paying them anything. Part of my deal was that they would apply all updates. That didn’t happen and it’s taken me weeks but it’s finally being done now. Of the 8 updates available on my first post, 7 are for fast charging curve. They just informed they actually show 12 updates when they connected the car. This is after weeks of telling me my VIN showed no updates.

OP
OP

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tech is saying “222-256 update caused the PCM to be cleared” and now he’s on the phone with engineering.

OP
OP

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will do. I’m not really sure if this is a one hour thing or a one month thing I guess we’ll see.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
I’m not paying them anything. Part of my deal was that they would apply all updates. That didn’t happen and it’s taken me weeks but it’s finally being done now. Of the 8 updates available on my first post, 7 are for fast charging curve. They just informed they actually show 12 updates when they connected the car. This is after weeks of telling me my VIN showed no updates.
I had an early GT and yes there were many updates available, other than the ones for the charging curve. I remember there were updates for the GearShiftModule, RFA (PaaK) and a few modules for BlueCruise which I skipped based on the forum consensous.

The charging curve updates on the GT take about 40minutes. The RFA update for PaaK takes also about 40 minutes. If the dealer takes more than 1 hours for the charging curve updates it means the car is sitting idle.

Last edited:
OP
OP

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s charging curve + the gear update + they’re saying 4 more are showing up and now there’s the cleared pcm.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I printed and showed my dealer service manager the notes from DevSec’s post on when these updates became available. Someone there showed their activity log from doing the update showing they took 32 minutes. So I showed him that too. I offered to pay for an hour of shop time to update those 7 modules to get the charge curve up to date. He agreed. Even though they ended up keeping the car a little longer checking the speakers for me (and did EVERY update available “Since it was there.”) they were good to their word and I paid them their $129/hr shop rate For one hour.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yes, They are not wanting to wait for the OTA, so paying the dealer to do it, or buying the equipment to do it yourself is the only way.

If there is a known issue, or Ford authorizes dealers to preform updates, like the early cars that got the charge curve update, then dealers can do that for free. But if there is no directive from Ford to do them, its optional and not covered under warranty and must be a paid service.
Sponsored