benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not sure if they charge more for the GT, but the Geico policy for my Premium is only $248.50 for 6 months. And that's with two teenagers on my policy.

1634824876096.png
Ugh. My FE is $745 every 6 months. Its just me, only car, combined with my home insurance. Full coverage with $250 deductible. And a clean driving record.

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Before I ordered my Mustang convertible in 2001 I talked to my insurance agent first. I asked him the difference in insurance premiums between the regular and GT model and his response was, "you can't afford the GT." I asked him why. He said that the Mustang is considered a sporty car, the Mustang GT is considered a sports car. Big difference in insurance premiums for just that nuance.
Maybe that's why it's showing so different with different carriers. My description for the car in Esurance is this:

2021 Ford MUSTANG MACH-E EV 4D 4WD All Body Styles

Not showing as a GT model...which is just fine with me. I switched to them last year when we were price shopping for insurance for a Tesla. They came out the cheapest by FAR. Only had one claim with them so far for a windshield repair and they were fine to work with.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
He said that the Mustang is considered a sporty car, the Mustang GT is considered a sports car. Big difference in insurance premiums for just that nuance.
I'm not quite sure that's true. The MME is considered a UT Body Style vehicle. Normally SUV/UT vehicles are comparable to the price of a "sports car" and other's here are starting to report close prices for non-GTs as well.

As @RickMachE said as well, the variables are probably going to be in your conditionals and risk profile. I think @generaltso got a good price, well because he's General Tso...

We have to have someone on this forum who's in insurance that could easily clear this all up. Where are you? ?

Last edited:

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
I still can't get a quote through State Farm. GT isn't a model in their system yet.
Same here.

I called to ask for a quote since my GTPE is coming within the next few weeks. There was no GT as a choice. Gave them the VIN and it didnt populate. They gave me a quote of $700 for 6 months based off the MSRP of $70K.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Maybe that's why it's showing so different with different carriers. My description for the car in Esurance is this:

2021 Ford MUSTANG MACH-E EV 4D 4WD All Body Styles

Not showing as a GT model...which is just fine with me. I switched to them last year when we were price shopping for insurance for a Tesla. They came out the cheapest by FAR. Only had one claim with them so far for a windshield repair and they were fine to work with.
Maybe they realized the GT is just a premium with a 5 second boost? ?

lncanada

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Country flag
I have Geico.

1 mil/1mil
100k damage
100k/300k uninsured
Comp 500
Collision 500
Rental
Roadside
12k miles a year
In California (probably the biggest hit)
23 years licensed driving
No accidents or tickets ever (looking for wood to knock on)
Multiple vehicle discount
Discount for defensive driving / racing school (skip barber)

Screenshot_20211021-055538.png

Miles per year make a big difference as well. So if you put 1k vs 12k i expect it to be a lot cheaper.

A lot of you are saying "over my previous". A total would be a better figure because xx over an unknown isn't as helpful. Your previous could have been a Ferrari or a pinto. I don't think the GT aspect differs from non GT price wise.

I have a Mach E premium with same Geico policy as you. No recent tickets/wrecks. No defensive driving. Only vehicle on policy my six month total is $543. I was considered ordering the GT previously but wasn't sure what the insurance difference would be but doesn't seem too bad.

AlbanyIan

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 Mach-E GT, Former: Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I still can't get a quote through State Farm. GT isn't a model in their system yet.
That’s who I have. It showed up as a two-door in their estimate! ?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Only vehicle on policy my six month total is $543. I was considered ordering the GT previously but wasn't sure what the insurance difference would be but doesn't seem too bad.
Could be in part to the fact that you're in NC

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT insurance 1634832614200

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
Could be in part to the fact that you're in NC

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT insurance 1634832614200
I'm in NC and was quite surprised that my coverage went up $400 more a year over a 2017 fully loaded Nissan Murano. This is with 2 cars/house and 2 motorcycles. Going to shop around before it's time to renew. I do have VERY low deductibles and would like to keep it that way but may have to adjust.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That’s who I have. It showed up as a two-door in their estimate! ?
Almost sounds like they did a quote as a regular mustang and not a MachE.

This is what State Farm has for Mach E in their system
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT insurance 1634833972113

I just called my agent and he did a manual quote based on the MSRP. He said based on that my rate would drop $9 going from a FE to a GT.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I'm not quite sure that's true. The MME is considered a UT Body Style vehicle. Normally SUV/UT vehicles are comparable to the price of a "sports car" and other's here are starting to report close prices for non-GTs as well.

As @RickMachE said as well, the variables are probably going to be in your conditionals and risk profile. I think @generaltso got a good price, well because he's General Tso...

We have to have someone on this forum who's in insurance that could easily clear this all up. Where are you? ?
It was exactly true. For the 2001 model. For the Mach E my insurance company (Farmers) considers it a truck, not an SUV, not a sporty car, not as sports car but a truck.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT insurance 1634840012031

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
I was just reviewing insurance to see what savings I could have for storing the Mach-E GT PE for the winter... comprehensive only while in storage and <6K miles, and it projects to only save $17 per month (~$200). I thought it would save a lot more.

Baseline - State Farm, Iowa - 5 cars, 2 mopeds/scooters, general liability, homeowners:
  1. 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum Hybrid $787 annual
  2. 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT PE $1,008 annual (could be $800 w/ <6K miles, storage 6 months)
  3. 2021 Mustang Mach-E Select $874 annual
  4. 2021 Escape SE $730 annual
  5. 2016 Explorer Platinum $934 annual - son age 20 and daughter age 22 assigned to this
And then... this happened this morning! Got rear ended. I thought brand new Mach-Es had a forcefield around them? No? Other insurance company (AllState) will be covering this... :mad: Everyone ok... that's what insurance is for...

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT insurance IMG_8062.JPG

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Why do these cars keep getting rear ended. I've never seen so many rear endings on a forum before. Are the brake lights not coming on with 1 pedal driving?
Sponsored